1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review Request Funny Hill Billy Blog

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by kentuckyslone, Dec 20, 2008.

kentuckyslone, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  2. netdriver788

netdriver788 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Design and layout seemes to be good.You can give some cool background color to make much better.Gone through the content, it was interesting and i suggest you to add a professional menu bar by adding styles to it.Thanks.

netdriver788, Dec 20, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  3. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off, you have a very nice site, and it has quite the potential... and I'm writing this as constructive criticism aiming to help you make your site better. You can take it or leave it, but remember I'm just trying to help.

First Impression: Little dull don't you think? I understand its Hillbilly Crackpot and that doesn't necessarily imply many colors, but it just looks dull, and when you do see something with even a hint of color, like the images in your posts, or your ads, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Fix: Your ads are just fine, and if your intent with keeping the "stock" colors, perhaps you can build the websites color scheme around it. I'm not saying that no color is bad, it just would be more lively with color, you know?

Second Impression: You have some excellent content... This is something that I was all of us had, such a gift of writing. Nothing to fix here, but a "nice job" because I really get captivated by your writing.

Third Impression: The navigation is pretty dull as well... You logo doesn't even have any color, and when looking, the only thing that catches my attention is those dark gray boxes on the right which then lead me to other categories.

Fix: Going back to the color thing, a little more color, and add a little "spice" around the navigation and you'll be good to go.

Conclusion: You have a very nice site... it doesn't beg me to click ads, but it wants me to read the content and stay, which is exactly what I did.

Cheers,
    Ben

Ben-AceofTech, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  4. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    The blog is nicely designed but I think it would look better if you add a few more
    colors into the color scheme and add some graphics into the header.

kingofsanda, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  5. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for a lot of good points and advice. And Ben-AceofTech I really appreciate your well thought out review.

kentuckyslone, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  6. Fragshare

Fragshare Peon

Best Answers:
    try some color, too much white and grey

Fragshare, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK everyone, I have taken a lot of your comments and suggestions and have made some major changes to the blog. I developed a color scheme that I hope makes everything look good.

I decided to remove the G ads. G just couldnt seem to serve up relevant ads for this weird niche and kept showing drug rehab type ads and the like. ;)

kentuckyslone, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  8. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's really clean and everything but the section where it says, "Howdy y'all! I've been called both hillbilly...", the design doesn't really fit the tone.

Maybe add a hill billy picture there beside the that text. Just a suggestion.:)

clinton, Dec 22, 2008 IP