1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conference website PHP error in form?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by SHES, Dec 22, 2008.

Hi,

I'm working on a site for an upcoming conference we are hosting. I've created three submission forms: one for submitting an abstract, one for submitting delegate registration and one for submitting exhibitor registration. They all have the same CSS, just slightly different questions.

The problem is that two of them are displaying properly and one isn't. On initial loading, the Abstract Submission page does not display properly. However, on refresh it does:

http://www.hull.ac.uk/sportscience/bases2009/bases2009/abstract.php

The Delegate Registration and Exhibitor Registration pages display as they should:

http://www.hull.ac.uk/sportscience/bases2009/bases2009/delegatereg.php
    http://www.hull.ac.uk/sportscience/bases2009/bases2009/exhibitorreg.php

I can't work out why two of the three work and the other doesn't when they are essentially the same page. Also, why would the problem go away upon refreshing the page? I've checked the files directly on the server and the html and css are the same for all three pages. We are running PHP 4.2.2 on our server. I don't have access to the server other than to upload files to our folder, so i wouldn't be able to do any upgrading of PHP.

Given that two of the three pages work, my suspicion is that it must be something to do with PHP rather than a CSS or HTML issue. However, I know nothing about PHP, so that is why i'm posting the issue here.

Any help would be great.

Grant.

SHES, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  2. pcknowhow.com

pcknowhow.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

When you first load the page, there is some invalid markup:
    <divd="sidebar-menu">
    Code (markup):
    A little quirky because when you reload the page, this is OK. However correcting the above in your code may solve the problem.

pcknowhow.com, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  3. SHES

SHES Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Yes, I did notice that. However, the code is correct in the HTML file that is on the server and in my local hard drive version. So somehow it's being changed (by the browser?), which is very weird and not sure how that can happen. I agree that fixing this could well solve the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

SHES, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  4. pcknowhow.com

pcknowhow.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It wouldn't be the browser. I'd guess it's something with the session, as it's only happening when a new one is created.

You may get a better response if you post the problem code. If you prefer drop me a PM and I can have a peek.

pcknowhow.com, Dec 22, 2008 IP