1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to get lots of organic traffic to picture site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by toretic, Dec 21, 2008.

Hi guys i have site with pictures for mobile phones.
    I have optimised them. atleast i believe i have, i have added alt tags with their names, titles, descriptions, on every page there are around 54 pictures and 10-20-30 words(keywords). my site is new 1 month old, but still i cant get more than 7-10-15 uv's from organic traffic. can you help me out here?
    my site is pr3 and i have around 3000 backlinks but still no big effect.
    i have around 800 pictures on my site for now, i will add 800 more until the end of the year.
    There are categories on my site with their own keywords and detailed descriptions. but still no big effect.

toretic, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  2. askme

askme Banned

Best Answers:
    try submitting your site to quality directories... under relevant categories... this wud help in your search engine rankings... also try social bookmarking

askme, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  3. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its really tough to get organic traffic to pictures site. The main reson is lack of text based content. The best approach is to include as much relevant text as possible with each post (or page).
    Social bookmarking sites are best to get traffic for such sites. Dont try to spam them, just post good images on your site and let those Sb users find them. Kids share interesting pictures like crazy.

arpitagarwal82, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  4. Nancy Kneoteric

Nancy Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    Arpit - spot on. Getting a solely picture based website could prove to be a wee bit difficult, even with all the alt tags and other stuff being right.

A short description for each picture or maybe each category could atleast get your category page to rank which is good. You could even associate a blog with your domain and write about mobile phones, providing contextual links to each category page.

Nancy Kneoteric, Dec 21, 2008 IP
    arpitagarwal82 likes this.
  5. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try submit your video to youtube, do social bookmarking, and article posting.

Bloomtools, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  6. discuss4u

discuss4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the point is adding some relevant text along with the images. And you may want to write something on your index page so that it will be keyword rich.

discuss4u, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  7. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    You have not mentioned your website url. For getting more organic visits you can submit your site into social media sites such as digg, stumble upon, sphinn and many more others available on internet. Through such social sites, you can get lots of organic visits to your site.

cnvseo, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  8. seohelp

seohelp Peon

Best Answers:
    well for getting traffic for picture sites. the first priority is that your picture of home page should be very very eye catching and clear. Unless its like first impression as bad impression. Rest promote your website to everywhere in social media and portfolio sites.

seohelp, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  9. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:

You said it's just 1 month old. You need to do more link building for the site. You can't get the rankings in just a short time.

Hersheys, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  10. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    update your site frequently
    place keywords perfectly
    and start link building.

jasoncreja, Apr 25, 2009 IP