1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review my new sites - Phone & Notebook Discoverer - Thanks!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by redbean, Dec 19, 2008.

I would love people's opinions, feedback and ideas for improvements on my new site: Magic Whisk Dot Com (I also have Note Book Discoverer)

I basically plan to update the sites with new models so after someone has answered the Q's, I give them updated options based on their criteria.

Green Rep added for thoughtful responses :)

Thanks!

redbean, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  2. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please don't any of this the wrong way, its just constructive criticism meant to help you!

First Impression: "Is that an ad on the top of the screen?" I come to your site ready to find something nice then bam! There's that ad right smack at the top... And it kind of takes away from thinking its a good site.

Fix: If its not going to kill your profits, I'd recommend taking down that top ad. I mean, I understand "above the fold" ads, but when you go completely above the website it just takes away from any website, regardless of how good.

Second Impression: "These are very creative icons! I love it!" This is an excellent job... it almost looks like you paid for those icons, but they are just so inviting! You can't get much better than that. No fix here, cause there is absolutely no problem with those.

Third Impression: "There's ads on both sides of me too?" If that top ad wasn't there I probably wouldn't feel as strongly about this one, but that fact that you have left only the middle for content is okay, but with two ads that are completely stock, its uninviting.

Fix: I know your clicks might be really high with those stock colors, but I can tell you, to me, I'm cool if you have a hundred ads on your site, but if they call to me "Click me!" "Click me!" Then I do not like it. Consider a different color scheme for the ads...?

Fourth Impression: "No Phones Found" Really...? The search was cool and all, but its kind of like a dead end here. Like "sorry, that phone you designed doesn't exist yet... tough luck"

Fix: Maybe you can implement a system that, when no phones were found, it can recommend actually phones that are closest to those settings. So it would say "No phones were found using your exact search results, but if your willing to give up a camera (or a large screen, etc.), then this phone would work.

Best of luck with the site.

Cheers,
    Ben

EDIT: I used my Adsense account to make a little color scheme, now you obviously don't have to follow this, but doesn't it already look so much better? (Click the image to see the full version)
    [​IMG]

Ben-AceofTech, Dec 19, 2008 IP
    redbean likes this.
  3. redbean

redbean Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow... Thanks so much Ben-AceofTech :)

I really do appreciate the time and effort you have put into this review... I'm speechless! You should have a job in site usability or something as your recommendations are spot on!

I agree with all your points and will start making the tweaks tomorrow.

Green Rep added, and thanks once again :)

redbean, Dec 20, 2008 IP