1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Still Glad You Voted for Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wowhaxor, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    He's going to save our economy with green technology!
    Yay! In about 20 years out economy will be saved when technology is created which will then be manufactured in China like everything else!

wowhaxor, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  2. FaceJolt

FaceJolt Guest

Best Answers:
    The thing with technology is that it can be produced anywhere. We can export to China or reimport production to the US. Oil on the other hand can only be sourced in other nations who's relations we cannot rely upon.

Therefore to provide energy stability we have to move to green resources which we can ourselves govern if we are to stop reliance on a product that is only available abroad and will dry up.

FaceJolt, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  3. muncle

muncle Guest

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

muncle, Dec 19, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  4. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hes just another puppet in the mold of bush and mccain. I dont know why people were getting excited over this big CHANGE message. Its a total crackup. To see who a presidential candidate would represent, just check the campaign contributions;). How long are we (the american people) are going to be fooled here?

pingpong123, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  5. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    True, someday way down the road. Presently if Democrats would allow ANWR to be opened we would have plenty of American oil. Same with Gulf offshore drilling. I am born and raised in Alaska and anyone, democrat or republican, who is a lifelong resident will tell you that the refuge should be opened to drilling. It is just people from down south who do not understand the minimal impact of drilling and the vast size of this refuge that keep blocking it.

What we really need is a short term economic stimulus plan. I can't even believe that his plan for revitalizing our economy includes developing green energy as a goal. We need something today.

wowhaxor, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  6. WebdevHowto

WebdevHowto Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the underlying issues of our current economic situation need to be addressed. A short term economic stimulus plan is like putting a band aid on a broken leg.

We need to rethink the Fed, or better yet get rid of it entirely. Government spending needs to be addressed. Our global military empire is an issue.

WebdevHowto, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  7. FaceJolt

FaceJolt Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed, oil from the Alaska is a strong idea and should be pursued - it offers employment and revenue and also a way to sure up oil reserves in the US.

FaceJolt, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  8. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people should just quit whining about Obama winning. Guess what? Theres NOTHING we can do about it, and all the topics relating to "are you still glad you voted for Obama" bs is not going to change that. I didn't vote Obama, I didn't vote for McCain. But, sometimes, you try to give a guy a chance and quit trying to bash him before he is even sworn in, you have no idea how he plans on running the country, no matter what is said. There is nothing we can do but wait. Now in a year and a half or so, we'll have a better idea and be able to make a more informed decision about whether or not it was a good idea.

hostlonestar, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  9. kaethy

kaethy Guest

Best Answers:
    Who do you suppose is in charge of the puppet?

kaethy, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  10. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obese people are always looking for a miracle diet plan while they say they're having "just one more snack"..

Most of'em don't live too long either.

ncz_nate, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  11. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt vote for him, but it seems a mite early to start complaining about how he's doing given he hasnt taken office yet. Doesnt mean I won't take issue with stuff he does, but as Lonstar points out, he won the election... the job is his to administer.

Definitely think we drill the hell outta ANWR while working like demons to develop alternative technology. I live in an oil producing state, and most of the objections to drilling come from people unfamiliar with the process... a kneejerk reaction because someone else said it was gonna harm the caribou / spotted two-headed whippenpoof / whatever. Either way the world population is growing and the reserves of oil arent, so we better quit paying lipservice to alternatives and put some real effort into it.

robjones, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  12. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that the guy hasn't even taken office yet, but is anyone else upset on how much money is being spent to swear the guy in?

Shouldn't these rich asshats contribute money to something that could help our economy rather than the inauguration? And with all of our economic turmoil, shouldn't Obama step in and put a cap on the cost? I'm more than willing to give the guy a chance, although hopes dwindled when he said "it is inappropriate to question the fed...", but should we allow his inauguration to put this country MORE into debt?

Firegirl, Dec 19, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  13. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The same group that is in charge of mccain. The 2 party system has become a corrupt monopoly that has a grip on our country. Im not knocking Obama as a human being or even as a president but he was brought to power not by the american people but the people that control the 2 party system. I have allready give you some info in my old posts about how this is done and some of the groups that control it, but u can also look to the special interest groups and the big banks that poured in millions into obamas campaign. Do you think they supported him so he could do the will of the american people?

Come on people. Who was the last president that tried to stand up to these people and what happened to him?

ill give u a hint nsam 55, 56, 57, nsam 263 and nsam 273
    I had many debates a few years back on this. I cant recall all of my old posts but you guys can check

Firegirl ah haaaaaaa there ya go. This money being poured in to swear obama in is being poured in not for yours or my sake but for the power brokers sake. It didnt matter if mccain won or obama, the same old policies will be perpetuated. If you want a real president, then he must be influenced by money coming in from special interest groups (RON PAUL) and you can check to verify this.

pingpong123, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  14. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    its a big mess we are in with the economy so it takes time as he said it would maybe take 4-5 ,the 20 years is in your opinion, and chinese technology sucks so why would it be manufactured in china except maybe some of the parts.:D

phpwnes, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  15. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    drilling for more oil is not the solution, people need to find an alternative to oil, do you know the dangers of oil drilling? i guess you dont care about eating fish with oil flavor or going to the beach and swimming in oil.

phpwnes, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  16. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol

You need to ask this question in 4 years after he's actually had a chance to do something.

Complaining about the man before he even does anything just stinks of bias and irrational thinking.

But then.... I guess this helps keep the subject off of the complete mess we're in while a certain president is still in the oval office today.

Or better yet, if the realization that whatever third party you represent will never gain power because there aren't enough people that think like you is settling in. I guess this is a fun little exercise to ease the pain.

Carry on...

GeorgeB., Dec 19, 2008 IP
  17. korr

korr Peon

Best Answers:
    Change, change - more of the same!

Obama went on TV today to re-assure Wall Street that his own coming bailouts will be generous and we'll avoid any "tough questions" like how we're going to pay for it or who gets stuck with the bill by procrastinating for another few years.

But its not all bad that Obama got elected. He certainly is more charismatic than McCain and Americans do seem to prefer being screwed over by someone with charm.

korr, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  18. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    He has been doing fine and has a fantastic approval rating as at now. I do not see how he is going to do anything worse than Bush. That would take him tons of efforts. He hasn't really assume the post yet but as at now he has done quite well.

wisdomtool, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  19. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fools have always existed in larger numbers than the few who think. There's never been a "realization point".. it's always been known to us.

:)

ncz_nate, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say, I can't argue with the logic of your statement.

GeorgeB., Dec 19, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.