1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vista Updates and Restarts with No Notice!

Discussion in 'Bing' started by emitind, Dec 19, 2008.

Hi

I'm getting extremely frustrated with Window Vista's update process.. when it's done downloading an update, everything closes and the system restarts with no warning. I consider this very serious and irresponsible of Microsoft.

There must be a fix out there, so I'd be grateful to anyone who can help.

Thank you!

emitind, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  2. DPParadise

DPParadise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you simply switched off some option. I have option not restart in 4, 10 minutes even hours. And option for immediate restart as well. And so on.

DPParadise, Dec 19, 2008 IP
    mohit115 likes this.
  3. mohit115

mohit115 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Change your update settings. There are three options: automatically install updates, download, but ask before installing, and do not download updates. Use the second one which says ask before installing.

mohit115, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  4. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As mohit stated you can change it in update settings. However, as someone who used windows all his life...Vista was the last straw for me. I'm using XP for as long as possible, then when confronted, I will have to start using ubuntu.

Cyrus255, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  5. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies, think i've sorted it out now :)

emitind, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  6. TheSA

TheSA Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have this issue except for some reason those options are grayed out for me. I know thats how you switch it off, but something is blocking its accesss. I AM the administrator, for your information.

TheSA, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  7. TheSA

TheSA Member

Best Answers:
    Im wondering if it has to do with user account control ('uac') which is annoying as hell. if thats the problem. i have 1 of 2 options. 1, have uac on so i can change update settings, but be annoyed EVERYTIME i try to run or install a program 'a program is trying to run' gay warnings I dont give a shit about (thats why I have firewall). or 2) turn it off and dont get those, but be pissed as hell when windows updates and restarts in the middle of the night and i am working on trhings that dont get saved

TheSA, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  8. jen.bas

jen.bas Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree.. It might be that there's an option that you've turned off, because mine doesn't restart that way, it always asks me for confirmation before it would do a restart after completing an update..

jen.bas, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  9. tomka

tomka Peon

Best Answers:
    Downgraid only. To XP - exelent

tomka, Jan 26, 2009 IP