1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Adsense Tax Information Effect Me

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by v01d, Dec 8, 2008.

Google Adsense if requiring me to fill in my SSN in order for them to send my payment. Can this effect me in any way whatsoever?

v01d, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  2. v01d

v01d Peon

Best Answers:
    ~bump~

still looking for an answer

v01d, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  3. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    If you live in the US and make more than $600, they, by law, have to report the income to the IRS. You have to report any income you make with AdSense to the IRS.

tlainevool, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  4. Onera

Onera Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it does affect you if you live in the USA or an US citizen living anywhere in the world. Of course it all depends on your income.

Onera, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  5. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    Legally, a client or vendor has to report (at their end) fees they pay out to freelancers (that would be you) if the freelancer earns more than $600 per year. At that point they will send you a 1099 form at the end of the year which states your total earnings for the year - you'll receive this in January of the following year and you NEED to report your earnings to the IRS when you file your taxes in April.

Technically even if you earn less than $600 you still need to report your income to the IRS - believe me, smaller amounts will still be tracked if the IRS decides to audit you. You dont' want to be in a situation where you are sitting with the auditor and your bank statement explaining what that $400 deposit was and why you didn't report it! :) Best to report everything you earn if you live in the US to avoid trouble.

Dan

dangregory, Dec 18, 2008 IP