1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon - Add to Shopping Cart Script

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DNBro, Dec 14, 2008.

I’m doing custom Amazon site using simple html page and css,

Anyone can share there is any add to shopping cart java script, to add multiple items in custom site instead of redirecting page to Amazon each time

Or suggest any other manner, I can resolve this problem?

Thanks

DNBro, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at using Associate O Matic that provides a full self hosted amazon site. There is a free version and a paid license version, both very powerful for what you want.

cormac, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. websurfpro

websurfpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Associate O Matic , yes very simple to use and efective :D

websurfpro, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  4. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the links, but i'm planning to build custom site(purly html, mainly because i'm not web devloper).

Mainly i'm looking forward a frontend script it help to add items to shopping cart instead of going to amazon site each time click on amazon link.

Thanks

DNBro, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. Y2K

Y2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Even you made in html or php,all shopping cart code need backend process to execute code.Do not thinking if shopping cart just add text and table only,there need logical where you must know at least medium level web programming.

To start you may try to read this one
    http://www.phpwebcommerce.com/

Have you try AOM yet?If read your comment I assuming you don't try it yet,because AOM do what you need.They have a features where you can add each item on shopping cart before checkout through amazon site.

Y2K, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  6. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can't achieve this without some web programming in PHP or some other language. That would be asking a lot of humble HTML. A cart needs to take information submitted by a user, store it somewhere (using cookies/database), recall it when necessary, etc. That's into the realms of programming. Mr. Rat's Amazon script provides this at an even simpler level, but it still requires an element of programming.

markowe, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  7. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    For those interested here's the link for Mr Rat's script which comes highly recommended by a lot of people.

cormac, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  8. DNBro

DNBro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, anyways I continue with simple html for one site I'm working currently, for other one i will try associate-o-matic.com.

first learn a programing language then devlop amazon associate site is long process:D, but I'm making some effort to learn basic coding and to make chages on php web templates.

DNBro, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  9. markowe

Best Answers:
    I would hesitate to start anything new using Mr. Rat's script, I should have mentioned. Dean Marshall, who has also been developing stuff based on Mr. Rat's script, is now developing a PHP version of the script, called Project Tina. That might be worth waiting for, the old script ran as a CGI script, in Perl, bit outdated.

I think TINA is supposed to be freeware, but then again, it seems to be a long while in the development...

markowe, Dec 17, 2008 IP
    cormac likes this.
  10. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Mark thanks for the heads up on Project Tina, I'll check that out.

cormac, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  11. markowe

Best Answers:
    np. Having mentioned it though, I had a look and realised Dean has been working on it for at least a year...! He does tons of other stuff too, so I wouldn't wonder if it's taking him ages. But basically this means don't hold your breath, unless you want to get involved in beta testing or something.

markowe, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  12. malkhaz

malkhaz Guest

Best Answers:
    AOM and E4E are the best

malkhaz, Mar 22, 2009 IP