1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to get into *real* affiliate sales?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Pixelrage, Dec 16, 2008.

Does anyone have any pointers for getting into a real affiliate sales/marketing business? Not this crap where you get paid a percentage of a percentage to sell stuff on auction sites, but where you establish a relationship with a manufacturer, create a site and sell their products for a flat commission, while they ship the items from their own warehouse.

How do you find these companies? Classified ads? Trade shows/expositions? If so, which ones?

I've heard true-life stories of people making amazing money doing this, and it just makes me think about how so much time/effort/creativity/skill is being wasted on Amazon, eBay & CJ.com.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Pixelrage, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  2. Kracow

Kracow Peon

Best Answers:
    First off you need to have a business that can cater to certain market that can sell a product or service or whatever. Next you need to find an advertiser that can fit your market with a product etc....

3rd you need to be able to beat the deal they currently have this takes research and time and money investment.

For example Advertiser has a deal with (cpa network) for 1000 leads a week, at $20 per lead, that cpa network is giving out $16 per lead to the publishers and keeping $4 a lead for free.

What you need to do is find out who's getting what from who and undercut that deal by a few dollars if need be, because $1 change +/- on thousands of leads is a cost savings.

The problem is if you can't deliver the same amount of quality leads or sales as who they are with then why are they even going to bother with you?

I used leads as an example but it's the same for submits / downloads / sales etc..... There are a ton of advertisers / contacts but no one is going to give you a list because that's their income.

Kracow, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have get into this biz since 2007 by selling product at ebay but after few month i feel that the profit is too low.
    Then i start to join some trade show at my local area and international.
    I meet some big manufacture company and directly closed some deal with them with giving middle man any commission.From there i notice that,i can earn more than 30% profit if i directly buy from them.

mentos, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  4. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    I made over $350.00 on one affiliate sale. Not sure if that's the kind of rewards you're looking for? if it is, i wrote a beginners guide to how i did it on my site:

www.thisblogwillpaymymortgage.com

(it's not going to rock the world, but it may give you some useful advice on getting bigger profits from your efforts)

Meanna Blog, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  5. jasmor81

jasmor81 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you need to go directly to the source, but you have to be able to offer them something. We just made a deal with a local company where we get $75 for every lead they close. As part of it, every deal closed, we give the buyer a $25 gift certificate.

this is a low deal!! we should be making 3 times that! but this is our first project in this area, doing these types of leads, so I made the deal to get my feet wet. If it works out after our contract ends we will ask for more money or go to their competition

jasmor81, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all of these tips! I'm guessing some kind of trade show might be the best bet. I'll start researching franchisee or affiliate trade shows.

Meanna, I have made sales like that, but they're too rare. When it comes to affiliate sales, you wind up making lots of $1-10 sales and on rare occasion, something that pays off a hundred or more. All of this for a LOT of hours spent from my personal life, every day. I'd rather be in a business where I set up a full solution for someone, optimized and having a high Google rank, where I'm making a steady flat rate on everything sold. I also like the prospect of being a contract worker, instead of being afraid that EPN or whoever else might drop me or their program at any given moment, for any reason (or those stupid CJ merchants who come and go on a monthly basis, whenever they feel like it).

Pixelrage, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  7. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    THX. I'm gonna read this :)

alber859, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  8. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    i do offer this type of sale, u deal with ur client and u make order we sent the item out .....
    but unfortunately i can't do sell to US and Canada cause we already have our distributor there :)

SonnyCooL, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  9. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    cool, PM me some thoughts once you read it.

Meanna Blog, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  10. pinkstor

pinkstor Active Member

Best Answers:
    So what's wrong with making $1-$10 per sale? Make a few hundred/thousand sales per day, and you've got a nice little business.

pinkstor, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  11. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What you are referring to is called dropshipping.

dcristo, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  12. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    And spend a ridiculous amount of time putting up a billion sites? No thanks. It's just a poor strategy.

Pixelrage, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  13. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who do you recommend for dropshipping?

micksss, Dec 20, 2008 IP