1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here is a secret of how to become 6th in Google SERP out of 113,000,000 results.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Hyder Ali, Dec 16, 2008.

Hi,

Last week while checking my Wassup traffic details, I found a visitor visiting my website search “Website Details” in Google.co.uk. Amazingly I was in the 1st page. Without any delay, I searched the keyword pharse in Google and found that Do I need to submit Website Details to Search Engines? is in 6th place out of 113,000,000 results.

OK - now I’m going to tell you what I did to come so far, it’s not a black magic or it’s not a secret that I can’t share. As always, I’ve been sharing everything I’m learning everyday. More or less everyone know these SEO methods, just depends how they implement in real life. So here it is:

* I guess every webmasters / bloggers know or should know 1st Line of SEO - Content is King. No matter how good you are in SEO methods, if you are good in content writing, you will be successful one day - it’s MUST!

* People ask if Unique content is really matters - to me, unique content is nothing but rearranging words if you are not good in content writing or you don’t have enough time to think. But for that particular article, I took time to think, searched for resources, made a draft post first, corrected it and when I was happy - I published the article.

* Keypharse is very important - please check 6 Easy Tips for Onpage Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for more details.

* I regularly submit my articles in social bookmarking sites - they helps you in fast indexed in Google and other search engines. Please check 22 Top DoFollow Social Bookmarking Websites - Get Quality Backlinks and How to get indexed in Google fast, how to use social bookmarking site for SEO and get indexed fast in google.

* I actively participate in SEO forums - I always try to reference my articles while I talk about related topics. Referencing highly trafficed forums ensure that search engine bot will visit your link very fast and hopefully your article will be indexed in no time. Here is a list of top seo forums.

* Some SEO forums have RSS feed options in members profile - make sure you are using that option properly. This is also very important also. I also placed my website link in my forum signature - as a result when I don’t reference any article in any thread, still I’m leaving my link in that thread.

That’s it really - it’s not a hard work to be in the 1st page. SEO Practice is key here to perfection. My secret is I love to learn and not afraid to try different methods.

Hyder Ali, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  2. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    those are all great information but nothing new for someone who knows about seo and there is no guarantee to be in a certain position on google a site can be on #4 today and move down to #6 the next week, but if its well optimized it can stay in the top 10

phpwnes, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  3. UnknownOne

UnknownOne Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you've exaggerated the "6th"
    But useful
    I shall use this before stepping up to the next step for my sites
    Great method, thanks for posting

UnknownOne, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  4. juust

juust Peon

Best Answers:
    Hyder,
    that piece has been on the hasan-online blog in Google for months,
    why are you posting it here ?

juust, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  5. wp.chad

wp.chad Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great start to achieving the desired result, but I agree with UnknownOne, in that you make it sound much easier that it actually is, especially when there are 113,000,000 results. That is some feat if you ask me.

wp.chad, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  6. AJO

AJO Peon

Best Answers:
  7. aliefmaksum

aliefmaksum Peon

Best Answers:
    aliefmaksum, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  8. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it just me or is ranking on the first page for "website details" a waste of time? I mean who really searches for "website details" and are these people going to spend any money if they visit your site from such a keyword?

If a site is ranking well for "website details" that tells me someone needs to modify their usage of anchor text and/or contact the people that linked to them and at least use their business name as the anchor text...

In addition to the post being ripped from someone else, it explains how to SEO for a keyword that won't bring in $1 in profits. The first rule of SEO is to do some keyword research. Ok, it may be the third rule, fifth rule, or even the centerfold in your magazine or book. The bottom line is to target traffic that converts.

snowbird, Dec 16, 2008 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  9. Irvin

Irvin Peon

Best Answers:
    Jaja, you made me laugh, I don’t know too much about SEO but I totally agree with you
    This key word (if it is called like that) couldn’t tell you anything about the website, jeje

Irvin, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  10. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've never searched for website details on Google previously, and I'm sure many people out here haven't do so either ;)

gr8liverpoolfan, Dec 16, 2008 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  11. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i was thinking myself as well. in Google US, there are only 1300 searches per month for that keyword which includes Google partner sites meaning actual search on google for the KW is significantly lower. in the UK, hardly anyone searches for that term so getting ranked in the first page in UK for that term will probably give you 25 clicks a month at the most and trying that would be nothing but mere waste of time

sultanofseo, Dec 16, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  12. alokverma

alokverma Peon

Best Answers:
    HI, Great tips and i would definitely follow these but one tip which you gave that "content is king" whether you are not good at seo activities one day success would be yours--i like this most!!

alokverma, Dec 16, 2008 IP