1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger Blogs Or Wordpress Whats BI etter??

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Aaron111, Dec 14, 2008.

I have a buch of wordpress blogs and a few blogger blogs it looks like word press is better.....what your experience with them or the measure between them :cool:

Aaron111, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. Meanna Blog

Meanna Blog Banned

Best Answers:
    Everyone I know uses wordpress, it's the king of blogging tools.

Meanna Blog, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. dfourss

dfourss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why you are asking....you've used both tools....

but in my opinion, .... well, I just go to the blogging section of the forum and look at all the threads with people asking for WP help

dfourss, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  4. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats all the Hype about blogger ....... and page rank being higher?? does it climb faster? :eek:

Aaron111, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  5. jasmor81

jasmor81 Peon

Best Answers:
    ive used both and ive had better luck with ranking sites built with blogger? but wordpress has just SOOooo many cool feature. Check out the site in my blog it is blogger backed.

jasmor81, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  6. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is much easier to customize and has many advanced options. Beginners stick with Blogger.

TheVccMatey, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  7. ilajas

ilajas Peon

Best Answers:
    Both has advantage and disadvantage, but it's not related to PR or SEO. So why we bothered, they both free.

ilajas, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  8. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to Word Press.com or .org (self hosted)? That makes a world of difference. Blogger is much better because it offers more freedom and allows you to add just about anything when you are talking about the free platforms.

If you are talking about self-hosted Word press, there is no comparison. You can tweak and add so much that your head would spin. It is much easier to do proper SEO even if you have no clue what you are doing. A simple plug in can do almost all your on site SEO.

Professionally, self-hosted blogs are more respected and you can freely sell them unlike the free platforms.

I have to say, I am a bit surprised that someone with as many posts as you would ask this question. This must has been asked a few times a month since I have been at DP. This is a newbie question!

allout, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  9. DeanJames

DeanJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    With a self hosted Wordpress blog you have control over the asset you have created. Nothing wrong with Blogger as a free platform other than the fact you don't have *ultimate* control over your site.

Dean

DeanJames, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  10. homepageofthemonth

homepageofthemonth Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress with your own hosting definitely.

None of the top bloggers in the world use blogger platform.

You need your own domain name to create an identity/brand for your blog and it is much more professional.

homepageofthemonth, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  11. Halobitt

Halobitt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about labnol.blogspot.com?

With Google's servers you should be able to handle a Digg storm. :)

Halobitt, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  12. tphilakone

tphilakone Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer wordpress for a professional blog . But my home page i use blogger

tphilakone, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  13. tphilakone

tphilakone Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer wordpress for a professional blog . But my home page i use blogger

tphilakone, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  14. blaineglynn

blaineglynn Member

Best Answers:
    I would totally suggest wordpress, as long as you are hosting your own. for the ones the companies host I could not recommend either as I don't think that is a good way to go for PR, and functionality - however I really have not done any parallel tests.

PM me if your interested in setting up your own I'm currently building a product that I will need some beta testers on that one module includes blogs/wordpress setup.

~Blaine

blaineglynn, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  15. sylv3rblade

sylv3rblade Peon

Best Answers:
    not another one of these threads *facepalms* I've been seeing a new blogger vs wordpress blog each month. Can't you guys use the search function before posting?

sylv3rblade, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  16. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    noticed that word press pug in section got harder to use why is this anyone....:eek:

Aaron111, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  17. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    The Guardian newspaper recently ran a competiton for best British blog... and ScaryDuck won, which is hosted as a sub domain on blogger. It obviously won because of the quality of the content and traffic, which is what successful blogging is all about.

All I seem to hear these days is... Wordpress is much more professional and Blogger hosted blogs can't be taken seriously! What a load of cr@p. This is always the thoughts of fellow bloggers and webmasters who are competing for traffic. It is the people that read the blogs that matter, they don't care where it is hosted and they don't care what software platform is used.

They simply look for information and base their thoughts on the quality of the content itself. They usually find these pages through search engines; do you think they actually decide not to visit one of the top ranked blogs, cos it has the name blogger in it? Don't think so.

Google bought Blogger cos it's efficient. The server is reliable, never seen it go down. The ease in design is again efficient, so you can quickly do the the important thing... and publish content! If a Blogger page has a high PageRank, thousands of backlinks and thousands of unique daily visits... certain people would still put the blog down... it really baffles me why people continue to pull the Wordpress is superior card, because at the end of the day, it means absolutely diddly squat. Everyday readers and search engines care about content alone and that's what will determine the success of any such blog. This thread topic holds no weight whatsoever.

Cheers.

Ryan6, Dec 15, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Having used both i much prefer wordpress, blogger cant even touch wordpress, wordpress is in a different league. :)

pipes, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  19. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    so blogger cant really be taken seriously,' I have to admit theri has to be good reason why people rave over it although I use WP I see more traffic their.

As continuation I hate Blogger because the comment field takes to long to write in it...........:eek:

Aaron111, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  20. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    The comment field is my only complaint and that's a mild one.:)

Ryan6, Dec 15, 2008 IP