1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horrible SEO Result

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Viktor Drej, Dec 14, 2008.

1. cnvseo

cnvseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Its not dead. I am doing directory submission for my projects. Ina month i submit links into 150 directories and i got listed in average 30 or 35 directories.

I think you did not submit your link into proper category or did not follow guidelines.

cnvseo, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. brandmantra

brandmantra Peon

Best Answers:
    blogs forums and social bookmarking have work much faster than directory.

brandmantra, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you need to be little more vigilant with directory submission. It'd sad and really disappointing to see that horrible result but you can do these things before you take a step.

1. Most of directories show stats (by default script). If you see lot of links already in pending status, then don't bother to submit and waste your time there, The owner or moderator is not bother to check the listings either.
    2. Most people create directories, put the banners, some adsense and forget. Submit your links to regularly updated directories.
    3. If you go by lists of thousands of directories in reputed sites, they're not responsible too for keeping some idle and dead directories. Of course, they can't keep checking what's up and which one is down. Most of them simply include/add every new directory that is created or that is added to their list by owners. Even directorycritic.com and directoryrate.com has hundreds such dead sites.
    4. If you're regular in SEO, then do a trial with any one of your blog, submit to entire list and pick only the best 500-1000 regularly updated directories for your future efforts. You can see approval confirmation mails to check these out. Most good directories will take 24 hours to 72 hours max. Trust me, it works.
    5. In the last, keep an eye on solicitations and announcement section of DP. Most of the directories are fine and approve your links within 12-24 hours. Even if they're are going to be dile, you already have grabbed the space for your link in them.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers!

chillingbreeze, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    Pammer likes this.
  4. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    And with such result, do you consider it acceptable?
    Thanks but I have no plan to submit my sites to directories... not anymore..

Viktor Drej, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  5. kalpana.allu

kalpana.allu Peon

Best Answers:
    You better go for forum posting,social bookmarking.
    it helps you a lot for making back links.

kalpana.allu, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  6. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    i agree. i think dir submission is an ugly necessity to build a good foundation of generic links. they DO count even if they are not directly effective.

geoiss2004, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  7. flatrox

flatrox Banned

Best Answers:
    yes i agree with u, link building is no more value, try focus on social bookmarking

flatrox, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  8. john_nub

john_nub Guest

Best Answers:
    Will you tell us which directory you select to submit your blogs

john_nub, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  9. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Directories listed in info.vilesilencer.com... and they are always updated..

Viktor Drej, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  10. jasoncreja

jasoncreja Guest

Best Answers:
    It is a common problem in directory submission ... success ratio on directory submission is very low.
    Bookmarking and other methods are more useful..

jasoncreja, Apr 26, 2009 IP