1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama the "first black president" is actually not black?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Dec 13, 2008.

?

Is Obama the "first black president"?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Not sure

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hypocrisy, Anyone?

"Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois today urged hundreds of blacks not to vote along racial lines next week in Maryland's Senate race. Obama, the only black U.S. senator, came to the state to rally support for Democratic Rep. Benjamin L. Cardin, who is white. Cardin's Republican opponent, Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele, is the first black candidate ever elected statewide and has been courting black Democrats."--Associated Press, Nov. 3

[​IMG]

"The nation's only black senator, Barack Obama, D-Ill., asked voters at two black churches and at a Nashville rally to elect [Harold] Ford, a Democrat who is trying to become the first black senator from the South in more than 100 years. 'I know that all of you are going to work the next couple of days to make sure it happens, because I'm feeling lonely in Washington,' Obama said at the Mt. Zion Baptist Church. 'I need my dear friend to join me.' "--Associated Press, Nov. 5

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110009206

The hypocrisy is that Obama asks the people of Maryland not to vote on racial lines and then urges people to vote for Harold Ford because of his race. Comprende?

bogart, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. seomagician

seomagician Guest

Best Answers:
    The crazy thing is that if every politian could change their skin color to whatever suited the audience, they would. So, in the end, it doesn't matter what's on the outside, it's what's on the inside. We won't have a clue what's really on the inside of Obama for some time.

seomagician, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    How can they have believed all his rhetoric. He hasn't even taken office and he's reversed course on several issues. Remember him wanting to bounce out of Iraq right away? Not happening, he now will have plans drawn up for a "responsible gradual withdraw of troops" and him saying he will repeal the tax cuts for the 250k+tax bracket, now he's just going to let them expire. He's also surrounded himself with Washington insiders. Although, if he's really going to go for change, you can only do that with people on the inside. But, he has a pretty moderate cabinet, well, a few people lol. I clap my hands for him leaving Gates as SecDef. It shows some maturity on Obama's part to leave someone in place that is from the previous administration. It is a smart move, he's been managing the wars for a bit now, has a good handle on things and knows what is being done and what needs to be done. Hopefully he'll be able to do that. I'm not saying bush is the best president, I'm not saying I agree with everything he says/has done (I can't talk bad about him as it is against the UCMJ to do so) however I think letting Rumsfeld stay in charge for so long screwed us in Iraq.

hostlonestar, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  4. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    In Slavery days you only had to be 1/16th black in order to be considered "black." Times they are a'changing.

Lexiseek, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  5. Poweremploy

Poweremploy Peon

Best Answers:
    Do We say "Is He WHite???? when a white man is in office???

THis is soooo racists!!!!!!!

Does it matter what color the man is?????

Bogart you have ticked me off.

Poweremploy, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  6. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Obama father is Kenyan and his mother is a white American.

Black, white or neither? The mixed race dilemma
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/david_aaronovitch/article5126706.ece

What do you think of this?

Michelle Obama: “For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znun3cP3aoA&feature=related

bogart, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  7. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only reason why this is even discussed is because media and many people are celebrating the coming of the first black president.

Technically, it's the mixed race people who should be celebrating because we actually have a clearly mixed race president, Which IMHO is a much bigger thing than the first black president. A coming together of two diverse races. A hope for the union of humanity.

Read these as well.
    http://www.diversityinc.com/public/1461.cfm
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2066206/posts

lightless, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  8. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Which means..................Presidents have about as little control over the country as a boyband has over what is the next song released. Obama has been put there.

Valley, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The US President has more control on the foreign policy. Congress dictates the domestic agenda. It seems that Obama is taking a good part of Senate democrats into his administartion to strengthen his position on domestic issues.

bogart, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  10. Damocles

Damocles Peon

Best Answers:
    Back in the day would he have been able to eat in the white part of the restaurant or go to the bathroom in the white toilets?

Yeah, he's black.

Damocles, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  11. Poweremploy

Poweremploy Peon

Best Answers:

What the heck is that supposed to mean? Black people were tricked and forced into this country and treated horribly. It isn't a sign of superiorty to degrade another race of people. Its a sign of inhumanity, animalism, and self hate. So, don't go there.

For your information, most of the wealthiest people in the world are not white. They are Asian, African, Arabian, and Indian.The richest woman in the world is Spanish and is from Spain. Look it up. It is only the white people who believed that they were superior, while other (richer) people chose to be modest, humble, and quiet.

Heck the USA President is half African. One of the richest women in the US is a black woman. Forbes named Oprah the richest woman in media/entertainment in the world.

If black people wanted to reverse the whole racism thing (able to eat in the white part of the restaurant or go to the bathroom in the white toilets) it probably could be done, but who would want to treat other human beings in such an inhumane way. It is unthinkable.

Black people didn't asked to be brought to this country in slavey. However, since Africans came here forcefully, they have excelled

in medicine (acclaimed surgeon, Dr. David Hale Williams);

in entertainment,

in fashion (Sean Combs, half black Kimmora Simmons),

in sports,

in black philathropy, etc.

FYI

Poweremploy, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He has to smoke either Kools or Newports. He also has to count out his penny's to buy himself the colt 44 malt liqueur from the 5 and dime store up the street from the white house. With saying I am 5 cents short and take it from the penny bin next to the counter. For the charity dinner they have to be eating collared greens, chitlins, and a side dish of pig's feet and if you eat half a plate you pay half. His nick name has to be "sure enough" and invite his ghetto brothers over to smoke fat bowls of herb, drinking gin and juice, sipping on hennessy, and play video games. He also has to have Shaft in charge of the secret service. With Berry White doing all his speech for him to bring that sex appeal.

All was said in sarcasm.

Cause he grew up with money, went to the best private schools, made a killing being a lawyer. Didn't live near a ghetto. Didn't know poverty. With a white mother, grandparent and no father in the picture since he was two years old.

He did better then myself. Am I jealous, nah, but ones background and experiences makes them who they are and not the color of their skin. Even though the color of the skin will determine how others treat them because they can look past that aspect of a person, but looking at Obama's past tells us that he was raise not as someone like 50 cent, tupac, and others. Obama had a privileged childhood and had way different experiences. Lets elect redman, 50 cent, p-diddy, or some real g that could mold our society like it should be.

exodus, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  13. Damocles

Damocles Peon

Best Answers:
    It is supposed to answer the question of whether he is "black".

Of course he's black.

Basically, the question was, "Back when the US still treated black people like dirt, would he have been treated any better than any other black person?"

I am glad that black people can excel in the US.

Damocles, Dec 18, 2008 IP
  14. Poweremploy

Poweremploy Peon

Best Answers:

Well, I guess if he was considered white he'd have to drink tons of Budwiser beer (out of a bong of some sort) till he's too drunk to walk, and later tells everyone how he "partied" all weekend. He'd have to play poker or roulette till he's broke. I'm sure that means that he'd live in a trailer that has holes in the floor, and his friends only come over to get high on meth. (forget Koors and Newports, they smoke anything) Then, when he gets arrested for meth dealing and using, his grandparents put up their land that their trailer also sits on, to bail him out. His nickname must be "get-her-done", and the only two colors him and his friends wear is hunter green and hunter brown. He must only eat green bean cassarole, with dry chicken breasts, and unflavored pasta almost everyday. He must live on borrowed credit at all times, so that no one would know that he's flat broke. He must also speak constantly with hushed sarcastic tones to his friends who only pretends to get his jokes, while giving a fake laugh and saying "fun times". I guess that means that if his beautiful wife left him, he'd contemplate suicide while listening to slow country or blue grass music in a roach motel while looking at x rated magizines.

All was said in sarcasm of course.;)

Poweremploy, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  15. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with Blue Grass music :D

earthfaze, Dec 19, 2008 IP
  16. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's some lessons for people about Obama's success. He didn't get to be where he is today living out a 'sterotype' lifestyle on the streets.

bogart, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  17. winsoar

winsoar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    winsoar, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  18. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    By race, he is not "Black" since he is part black and part white, this does not mean he automatically becomes Black because he has a darker complexion or vice-versa.

Most people tend to side a multi-racial person to the darker/lighter race due to the sensitivity of the nature, or when the lighter/darker race don't generally want to accept as one of there own. The truth is, he is neither black nor he is white, he is "other" as if he were to check in a tick box.

Is he the first Black president? NO! He is the first multi-racial president.

Barack Obama does not have the full characteristic of a Black person, nor does he have the full characteristic of a white person. He has both of them whether he likes it or not, that has been embedded in his genes from day one.

This man seem to resemble more of white due to the lightness and more of a Caucasoid than Afro, but this too does not classify him as white or black.
    [​IMG]

wwws, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  19. winsoar

winsoar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What did you think of the David Icke link I posted?

winsoar, Dec 20, 2008 IP
  20. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like Obama's rap sheet :D

bogart, Dec 20, 2008 IP