1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$20 illustration/character design contest of girl by pink car!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Deidredup, Dec 12, 2008.

1. totalx90

totalx90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm in, should be done in an hour or two :)

totalx90, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  2. onlyfights

onlyfights Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How about this? lol

[​IMG]

onlyfights, Dec 14, 2008 IP
  3. a4hire

a4hire Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry
    it is all original drawn by me. See if you like it. I made the girl to look like the photo from your original post too.

[​IMG]

a4hire, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    crowquill likes this.
  4. Deidredup

Deidredup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please Note: Competition will be closing Wednesday! Winner will be announced Wednesday evening! Thanks for everyone's entries so far, got a few good ones. If you still want to enter, please get your entry in as soon as possible!

DZKStudios, It doesn't really matter, whatever you can do. I've received an entry through pm, which is a mixture of the two. It looks pretty nice. So, give it a shot!

totalx90
    , thanks, I've received yours through PM, and its really good! I've replied.

onlyfights
    , Not really what I want. What you did was take the image over here http://fonzation.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/pink car.jpg and put the face of the girl in it. Thanks, but I can do that too. Thanks for the entry though!

a4hire
    , Thanks for your entry. Looks really nice! One of the best! I can see yours are totally original... I have my doubts about a few other entries I've received via PM.

Anyway.... so far, it's between surenther, a4hire and totalx90's entries! Good job guys!

Deidredup, Dec 15, 2008 IP
    starrberi likes this.
  5. Sorukayde

Sorukayde Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i will post my entry soon... watch this space

Sorukayde, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  6. Deidredup

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Looking forward to it!

7. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll enter pls w8 my entry. :)

zyndtel, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  8. Sorukayde

Sorukayde Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay here is my entry. It took me a long time and I would normally charge more but I thought I'd do it anyway cause it's a fun topic for me :) 100% original hand drawn and then scanned in, made into vector art and available as an .ai/.svg file.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

9. xtr33m

xtr33m Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Funny contest !

xtr33m, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  10. a4hire

a4hire Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if you would like to see any changes, I can make changes to it.

a4hire, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  11. Deidredup

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorukayde, Thanks for the entry, not bad at all, I just don't like that she's wearing a bikini, but everything else looks good.

zyndtel's, Looking forward to your entry, please remember that the competition is closing on Wednesday.

xtr33m, haha! I know, but it's gonna be a funny site! ;)

DZKStudios and starrberi, still planning on entering?

12. Sorukayde

Sorukayde Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there that is easily remedied :) Please don't hesitate to make requests for the image.

[​IMG]

Edit: Ammended the image to alter the cheekbones slightly, change the style of the nose, and correct shading issues on skin of the upper torso.

13. zyndtel

zyndtel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi there!here's my entry.feedback is much appreciated.
    [​IMG]

zyndtel, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  14. sariga sariga

sariga sariga Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

sariga sariga, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  15. sariga sariga

sariga sariga Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

sariga sariga, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  16. yajur20

yajur20 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    already i hav sended u thro PM ! anyway im posting it here too !

yajur20, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  17. Deidredup

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please remember that the competition will be closing tomorrow (Wednesday) evening!!!

I have gotten a couple of entries via PM about people who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again! READ MY INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU WANT A CHANCE OF WINNING THE CONTEST!!! I'm gonna say this again, and please READ it this time! The girl HAS to be blonde and the car HAS to be an obvious pink!!!!

Hardly anyone have been successful in making it look like the girl in the picture, except a4hire, and totalx90, I think you two did a good job in making it look like the girl.

Since many contest holders tells people who are at the top of the leader board, I've decided to tell you guys too! So far a entry I've received through PM, is definitely taking the lead. Not only is this design attractive, but this person has followed my instructions and has also included a whole bunch of extra stuff that I've asked for but wasn't a must to put in.
    Since everyone's entries are here, and I give them feedback here too, I've decided it's fair to show it to you and give feedback on it.

So far, the leading entry is totalx90. It can be viewed here: http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=00174_CharacterDesign_122_203lo.jpg&loc=loc203#
    I asked for something glossy if possible, something with a sexy touch, a pink car, blonde girl, and a girl who looks like the girl in the image. That's what I got. The only thing this person hasn't done is to make the car a mini cooper convertible or a cadillac... other than that, everything looks stunning!

Yes, I like the cartoon kind of stuff that people like a4hire, Sorukayde, and a whole bunch of others have designed. A cartoon kind of drawing like those were what I wanted, and I still find it very attractive, but what all the cartoon entries are shorting is a bit of gloss and little funkiness. And... like I've mentioned before... most of them don't look like the girl I've posted. But, what I like about these more than totalx90's image, is that you can obviously see that it was 100% created from scratch... like the entries I've received from Sorukayde, a4hire, and a few others.

The competition is closing tomorrow evening, so there is still enough time for you to spice it up a little if you want to win. Just remember the stuff I've mentioned!!! Good Luck to everyone and thanks for entering, I've seen some pretty amazing stuff!

Here's some feedback on the other entries I've received.

Sorukayde, thanks, that look's a lot better! Looking good!

zyndtel's
    , I really liked the car, it's the nicest cadillac I've got so far. But, I don't like the girl... don't like the red clothes and she's got kind of a dead expression in her face... don't know how to put it. Thanks for your entry, the car is looking really good.

sariga sariga, thanks for the entry. Not bad, although you haven't read my instructions clearly. I have mentioned before that I don't want the girl to wear a bikini, and her hair MUST be blonde, and the car MUST be an obvious pink. I don't like the "pink" of the car. I do think though, that with some small changes made, it will look nice. Thanks for the entry!

yajur20, I have given you my feedback before, but didn't wanted to give you a list of demands about stuff you should change... so I just left it at that, but as many people are making the same mistake as you did.... I'm gonna say it again for the billionth time: Read my instructions! The girl has got to be blonde!!!!!!!! Plus, another thing of your entry is that I don't like that the cadillac fades out, this will cause problems when I want to change the background color. Although your entry looks pretty good, I think it needs a few changes. It will also look nice if the girl has longer hair.

Good Luck, remember, competition is closing tomorrow!!!

Deidredup, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  18. Sorukayde

Sorukayde Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will make revisions on my design to try to get the girl looking like the girl in the photo. Does my entry also need further glossing? Does the car need to be a more obvious pink? I am eager to modify my image to suit your needs fully and give artists who complete original work a good name!

Sorukayde, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  19. Deidredup

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorukayde, no, I think yours are fine. The kind of design yours are, are kind of hard to get glossy, so that's okay... the car's pink is fine too, just the girl's face that I want to have it look like the girl in the image. Thanks!

Deidredup, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  20. Sorukayde

Sorukayde Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this any better? It's lost the slight anime touch in order to make it look like the girl as much as possible but kept it's cartoon feel. Let me know what you think of the changes to the face.

[​IMG]

Sorukayde, Dec 16, 2008 IP