1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Confused About Landing Pages

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Shadowplay, Dec 12, 2008.

I'm new to doing Affiliate Marketing and have just signed up with a couple to promote products.

What I'm confused about is what kind of a landing page I need to please Google and get the customer over to the merchant's site ASAP. It seems bridge pages will get you a low quality score now, am I right? If so, then what do I need to promote lots of items? Do I need to show those items on my site?

It's all very confusing to me...

Shadowplay, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  2. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bridge pages haven't been allowed for years. You need a mini-site at the very least, relevant to your keywords, and including home, about, privacy, contact, Ts and Cs, and sitemap pages.

Masterful, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    By mini-site do you mean still the landing page idea, but with those additional pages connected? is that enough to be a mini-site?

Is a bridge page when its a landing page only and literally no other pages connected?

pipes, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  4. willster74

willster74 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google likes to see you have a proper 'website' so that's why you need to link from the landing page to a 3 or 4 other pages - contact us, privacy policy, article etc.

You need a 'contact' page where you should put a postal address as well as email (Google doesn't like people that look like they are hiding.

If you are collecting contact info on your landing page then you certainly need a link to a privacy policy page.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

willster74, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  5. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct. Just make sure to include as much relevant content on your site as you can.

Masterful, Dec 13, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  6. freelikehell

freelikehell Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey dude. Want more conversions?
    The main idea that's been running before the affiliate project x era still applies:
    Adwords -> Landing/Review Page -> Merchant Site

The second step is very essential for higher conversions. Make a keyword optimized landing page (for lower cpc on adwords), and make an appealing review and/or offer bonuses (if allowed), and/or some relevant info about the product .. Place no link on your website except the link to the merchant site. Use an opt-in form if you need emails... Call it a landing/squeeze/conduit/whatever page. Just make it and link it.
    Hope that helps

freelikehell, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  7. AgrInd

AgrInd Peon

Best Answers:
    For my campaigns the site relevance has been the most important factor.

Also it never hurts to have a good page design for the landing page.

Remember that not everyone likes the brash look of a hard sell landing page. Some consumers actually respond to good web design.

Most importantly, it is all about what the testing for your account shows.

AgrInd, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  8. ShayneSherman

ShayneSherman Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using wordpress and a custom landing page. I load about 5 - 10 relevant posts to the wordpress blog so that google sees that I'm a real site and then I do the contact / about / terms pages in the footer. My landing page only has links in the footer, not the sidebar and header like in wordpress. This seems to work well now.

ShayneSherman, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  9. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of contact info are you putting on that page? I don't want to put my home address on there. Am I supposed to get a P.O. Box or put a fake on there or what?

Shadowplay, Dec 16, 2008 IP
  10. AgrInd

AgrInd Peon

Best Answers:
    You can put whatever information you want on your contact page. There is no rule that says you have to put a street address or phone number.

I think just an email address would be fine.

AgrInd, Dec 16, 2008 IP