1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ipod touch Vs iphone

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AnimeFevers, Dec 10, 2008.

1. AnimeFevers

AnimeFevers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love the design of the ipod touch 2nd gen, looks sleek and very nice to hold :)

AnimeFevers, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  2. alana13

alana13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    iPhone is better rather than ipod. You can fulfill your communication and music player need with iPhone but with iPod you can only listen music.

alana13, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  3. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    if i would choose, i would pay a bit extra for the iphone, i think iphone has all the features the itouch has PLUS its a phone so its one less gadget to bring with me.

Project Mobius, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    iPhone.

Reason = does everything the iPod Touch does, without requiring another device to talk on the phone.

That and you have the beauty of 3G or at least some kinda G when WiFi is not available.

Mia, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  5. happysingh

happysingh Banned

Best Answers:
    well..one is a phone..another is the same without the phone , so u cant really compare..but yeh..ipod touch supposingly has a worse battery life which is kinda crap..

happysingh, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  6. AnimeFevers

Best Answers:
    I love how no one here knows that there is an ipod touch 2nd gen which has better battery life and has a faster internet than the iphone, yea I know the iphone is an all in one package but right now I have a phone that rings people, ipod touch is a great gadget and isnt bank busting to buy unlike the iphone. well many of you webmasters can probably buy 10 iphones and touches but if you cant and just want a great gadget id pick the touch for sure.

7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Bank busting? My iPhone 3G was $199. What's bank busting about that?

And since when is Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) faster than Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)???

The touch: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)

The iPhone:

Cellular
    UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Wireless data
    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR

Just as fast, but more option, and always connected. Its nice to be able to check email at any speed in a car. Can't do that with the touch.

The touch is $29 more btw.

Mia, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  8. Le GoogelGuRu

Le GoogelGuRu Guest

Best Answers:
    For me, the iPod Touch is better because I already have a non-touchscreen cell phone (which I prefer) that works in more places (because the CDMA networks (Bell/Telus) have a hundred times the coverage and the GSM Rogers network doesn't work anywhere in the province other than St. John's) and with the Touch, there's no two/three year contract or monthly bill. When you already have a cheap cell phone that you only need/use to make occasional calls, the Touch is much more appealing. It does everything the iPhone does, minus calling.

Le GoogelGuRu, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  9. AnimeFevers

Best Answers:
    199$ for an iphone, whos selling you stolen goods then? jk

Where did you get an iphone for 199$, did I get ripped or something... hmm. lol 199$??? must of been a broken iphone.

10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah, sign up for ATT at the ATT store. $199 for the phone, two year service contract. That's about it.

Mia, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  11. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:

LOL $199 upfront... and over 2 years you're probably paying over $1000 for it?

terminator69, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Hmm, lets see. Keep my Razor which I paid $250 for and pay $60/mo for the service, then buy a touch for $229.

or

Upgrade my service by getting an iPhone for $199 and pay $80/mo. for the service.

Gee, I was already paying for cellular. Now I have internet, and the iPhone, which does everything I need it to do. Hell, I don't even carry my ibook anymore. I can do everything with the phone. Given what I do for a living, I figure that phone is saving me thousands.

I recently bid on and bought something on eBay I would have otherwise lost out on while doing 70MPH over Thanksgiving. Used the GPS the next day to locate the sellers home to pick up the item after first contacting him via email, then messenger and finally talking on the iPhone. While in route I was able to reboot a customers server, and close a deal on another one.

The way I see it, Thanksgiving likely made that $1000, even after spending $150 on the eBay purchase.

I was already paying for a cell phone. Why buy another clunky device on top of it. I'd rather have one thing that does it all. The only thing I cannot do is view flash. That is a PITA, but outside of that, its a time saver and a money saver.

In case some of you have been living under a rock, the iPhone was lowered to $199 months ago. Get a cell phone, you're gonna have a 2 year contract either way, no matter who you get, so its not like I was spending any more than I ever was.

We used to use Nextels. Loved those (expensive as hell - one of my last phones was $499). When sprint took over, it went to shit, hence the move to ATT. The move to the iPhone was a no brainer. Its the cheapest phone I've ever bought and does more than any device I've ever owned.

So, instead I should carry around two devices. Two that cost money, two that both need to be charged... Nah, I think I'll stick with the one device solution.

iCal alone has been an absolute life saver for me. I've got googles voice search on it now, so if I am on the road or doing something where I cannot easily use my hands I can do a google search by simply saying what I want. Saves money on information calls because if I need to find a number I just say what I want, google finds it and I click the number; the iPhone dials it. From there I can save it for future reference. Next time the iPhone is docked, its in my address book on my computer and synced with my iPhone, my work computer and my home computer. Its like having a personal assistant.

What I really like was watching "Napoleon Dynamite" at the Y the other day why doing cardio. What a blast this thing is.

Best $199 I ever spent.

Mia, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  13. Dondon2d

Dondon2d Peon

Best Answers:
    I have both, an iPhone Classic and an iPod Touch 2G. Both are great and it all boils down to what features you need.

Dondon2d, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  14. allReseller

allReseller Guest

Best Answers:
    Have to second that. Being connected without being tied to the office or home is great. Call quality is better than most phones anyways.

allReseller, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  15. sudarshanwagh

sudarshanwagh Peon

Best Answers:
    Difficult to decide. Comparison is very hard.

sudarshanwagh, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  16. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely choose an iPhone, but I have to honest saying that I'll be delighted having both of them :) iPod seems really nice ;)

EvcRo, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  17. MoonCricket

MoonCricket Peon

Best Answers:
    What? One is a damn phone!

MoonCricket, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  18. ipod-touch-2g-games

ipod-touch-2g-games Peon

Best Answers:
    The iphone is better , everyone will agree, the only problem is the AT&T contract. Now that is a really big problem for most as it means you need to essentially sign up for a 2 year AT&T service plan before you can even buy you iPhone! Of course there is the option of buying an iPhone 3G or 3Gs unlocked. The problem with that is the expense. $500 US for an unlocked iPhone 32Gb..come on!. I saw an article that showed in some cases it is cheaper to
    Buy the phone from Apple,sign up for the AT& T plan and then default on it and pay the penalties than it is to buy unlocked .Now you see why the iPod touch can look more appealing. At $200 US for the 32Gb ipod touch 3rd generation model (because , let's face it , who is going to buy a 8Gb ) and you give up the camera and phone capabilities (chances are you have a phone already) you cant go wrong. Check this ipod touch vs iPhone page for a comprehensive comparison chart of the ipod touch 3G , iphone 3G and iPhone 3Gs.There are also links to get up to $40 off buy buying an iPod touch through Amazon.
    Helpful iHope.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    ipod-touch-2g-games, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  19. johnsonp

johnsonp Peon

Best Answers:
    Bore are good to use. As for as touch is concerned Iphone is good. But it is too costly.

johnsonp, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  20. *pushkar*

*pushkar* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to compare. But i think iphone is good as compare to ipad. but ipad is also cool. Both have their own good functions.

*pushkar*, Jun 10, 2010 IP