1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have $100 to spend in Facebook Advertising - what should I promote?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by grimsqueaker, Dec 11, 2008.

I'm totally new to affiliate marketing, but I've recently come across about $100 in facebook advertising bucks and wanted to run a little experiment. What would be the best thing to advertise that will get me a greater return?

List your best here. Whoever I choose I'll pm and ask for a referral link (if you have one) and sign up under you. Keep in mind facebook traffic is mostly University-aged students, in Canada/US (big in some European countries), and is probably not a market willing to 'pay' for things. I'm thinking a pay-per-download is probably the best bet, but as I said I have no idea when it comes to affiliate marketing!

grimsqueaker, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  2. cr0cx

cr0cx Active Member

Best Answers:
    something that will make you $200 :) there are so many options, i don't think anyone would just give up their cash cow, you gotta work it nothing comes easy..

cr0cx, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  3. JoshTodd

JoshTodd Member

Best Answers:
    The good news is that even if you only make back $50, it's still 100% profit. Facebook can be tough on accepting ads, but just stick with it and keep submitting them. I would recommend trying some dating offers like SinglesNet or MatchMaker, and target them towards older guys, 30+. Maybe experiment with 30+ females too. We've got a few different dating campaigns including SinglesNet at affiliate.com. If you sign up with us, request me as your AM in the comments box. :)

Josh Todd
    Affiliate Manager
    affiliate.com

JoshTodd, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  4. tiger325

tiger325 Peon

Best Answers:
    think about the majority of users with facebook.... they are young right? so what do those people want? think,think,think:)

tiger325, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  5. SportsBikeArena

SportsBikeArena Peon

Best Answers:
    Where did you get the $100 voucher?

SportsBikeArena, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  6. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Try promoting those free iphone,mac type of offers,lot of teenagers on facebook.

Some members selling in voucher forum.

getjimmy, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  7. grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you guys are helping me out I'll let you in on how I got the $100 Facebook coupon. I'm not sure what the limit is - I think it may be for the first 100,000 people to sign up:

http://spiffyowl.com/making-money/free-100-facebook-advertising-voucher-coupon/

I'll also chronicle my process on that blog, so stay tuned if you'd like to see how everything pans out. :) I'm keeping no secrets.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'd like to stay away from adult/dating sites if possible since I'm not comfortable promoting it, and even weight loss - I also think it'll be quite difficult to get facebook to approve these ads as well, although I have seen them in the sidebar.

I didn't think of those iphone/mac offers, and I *might* try that out - if you have a favorite program getjimmy, pm me your ref id and I'll take a look.

grimsqueaker, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  8. grimsqueaker

grimsqueaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I've just been browsing around the forums and facebook - what about those 'smilies' that you can download? (I've seen those ads in the facebook sidebar). Has anyone found success with this?

Also would people recommend a lead-based program? I'm still not convinced that trying to sell something will work.

grimsqueaker, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  9. blogspot

blogspot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try ringtones

blogspot, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  10. movvadinesh

movvadinesh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing you can promote in facebook is

1) dating
    2) dell laptop and other like free offers.

movvadinesh, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  11. Chris R Motive

Chris R Motive Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say to promote a dating offer like match.com to males and females ages 25 to 35. We have this specific offer in our network and we have multiple publishers banking on Facebook using this offer. If you are interested in signing up put Chris R in the comments box so you get me as your AM or PM me here so I can get you approved quicker.

Chris R Motive, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  12. elitepuzo

elitepuzo Member

Best Answers:
    Personals websites, ringtones, weightloss products, etc these will definitely cater to a large majority

elitepuzo, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  13. nitreb

nitreb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you have that young kids would be interested in...

nitreb, Dec 12, 2008 IP