1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Alexa Rank worth anything?

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by nugget106, Nov 28, 2008.

1. anygen

anygen Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all what they observed. Alexa really helps and your at PR0 u can still have great opps because of traffic from alexa.

anygen, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  2. pawanpandey78

pawanpandey78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank is all about traffic and page rank is all about whole things include 350 factor involve in it.

pawanpandey78, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  3. Andr3w

Andr3w Active Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is a great help when you sell a site even if it's not that accurate. It helps you sell a website.

Andr3w, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  4. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think lot of webmaster consider Alexa ranking as an effective tools to determine traffic...

Lovely, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  5. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are purchasing or selling a domain name the alexa rank is very important.

kingofsanda, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  6. tharshan

tharshan Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah.. its not accurate yet.. but good way to compare sites..
    especially when u are selling the website or ad space... its depend on the Alexa !

but i think http://www.quantcast.com/ is going to be the next one !

tharshan, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  7. Tarkan

Tarkan Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely it is accurate.
    People need to stop calling it inaccurate, they heard that it was inaccurate back in some weird article in 2000 and they are like "yeah so alexa is inaccurate"--- stop repeating this misconception.

It's pretty accurate, I can compare two websites, compare their alexa ranking, then compare their unique visitors by asking the administrator his daily uniques, and it turns out to be almost exactly the same, sure it's not 100% but it's close enough to say it's accurate.

Maybe If I compare a Internet Marketing Tools website to a website about Psychology, perhaps then it would become inaccurate. Or if I compare a website built in 1995 to a new one in 2008, there may be some discrepancies. But it's accurate nonetheless.

Tarkan, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  8. DiarioMarcas

DiarioMarcas Peon

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank is related with your website traffic.. So whenever your site get good amount of traffic.. site Alexa rank will increased..

Alexa rank is totally different with Google Page rank..

DiarioMarcas, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  9. D-Dark

D-Dark Member

Best Answers:
    For me Alexa provides some only estimates about the website's traffic.Yes it's different, compare to PR but having it as an additional reference for a site information is good.

D-Dark, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  10. 385ashley

385ashley Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely Alexa is a very old and reliable tool for finding the traffic on the web.
    Alexa rank shows the popularity of a web from all over the world............

385ashley, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  11. novashun

novashun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa is nothing more than a placebo so is Google PR. If you arent making money, who cares.

My page rank is 0 , 1st Page Serps for what I need to be first page, and 600K Alexa ranking. Until PR and Alexa make me money, I could careless if either of them both died tommorow. If your looking at selling links, then yes.. PR is important. Unless your selling your site to someone who actually buys into the stupidiness, then yes... Alexa it matters.

novashun, Dec 15, 2008 IP
  12. puravidacr47

puravidacr47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    remember, Alexa's data collection is based on the installed toolbar of users.

More important is that the owner of Alexa can track traffic and searches and work on their strategies.

here is the answer: Amazon is the owner of Alexa

I think everybody can see why Amazon has such success marketing the right products.

puravidacr47, Dec 16, 2008 IP