1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Vault Banned by Google - Coop going the same way?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Big Richard, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    lol... you totally missed the point...

Its the same thing when you sell a website and your selling it BASED on PR and google rankings then all of a sudden it dissapears from google.

Google HATES it when you market stuff based on ranks and pr.

So it can smell and quack and whatever.... its never been sold as a way to game google. Its always been sold as a advertising network.

I know many people just wont understand this and that is ok. I have talked to Matt Cutts a few times in person about it. He always says the same thing =P

Shoemoney, Jun 14, 2006 IP
    roadies likes this.
  2. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    So it's like selling cocaine as a way to make some people happy, not as a hard drug, than it's alright:D

Googles76, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  3. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love misleading titles. Since Link Vault doesn't seem to be banned from Google, I'm guessing there was no real point to this thread. BTW, LV has put vaultage up for auction...let's see if this affects their place in Google.

BlueDevilMedia, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  4. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    really you can spin it however you want...

Shoemoney, Jun 14, 2006 IP
  5. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Really Shoemoney I don't want to knock you but you really need to get educated - I will try and put it in the most simple terms as I can - If I sell you an apple, and tell you it is an orange - what have you bought an apple or an orange? If you still can't get this concept please tell me next time you want to buy a house.

Your referance to selling a website makes absolutely no sense either - you are saying that every website bought or sold drops out of google?? Where on earth have you got this idea from? Websites are bought and sold all the time with absolutely no change in rankings ( regardless of how they are marketed ).

Please read my post
    I would be interested to know where you have seen any other sites which have had their homepage dropped but all their other pages remain unaffected - can you give me the some of the examples you have seen reported? - I have not heard this reported so far by anyone, and would be interested to compare example so I can see if there is a pattern.

You state it is clear that link vault is not banned - I stated that it appears that the homepage (www.link-vault.com) appears to be banned/heavily penilised. Can you provide any evidence of this? - if there is no penality applied then surely it would appear somewhere in the google search results - please can you show me where you have seen it in the results and I will concur.

Big Richard, Jun 15, 2006 IP
    Foggy and vord like this.
  6. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    <--------- newb

Shoemoney, Jun 15, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  7. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    coop ad-network url PR is ZERO.

url=http://digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network (www inclusive as well)

but remember it was advertising network not pr boosting network; though now it has become serp booster network for yahoo and msn .

Mong, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  8. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    For what its worth I took the leap of faith after reading Matt Cutts blog where he mentioned to many links from unconnected sites was bad news.

As I had the majority of my links from the co-op and having asked my self the question "Would I be happy to tell Google I used the Co-op " I decided to stop my accounts. I have noticed a huge drop in Yahoo, and increase in MSN and a fab increase in GOOGLE traffic. This could be due to one of many factors, increasing age of the site, improvment of internal linking or the fact I had to many irrevelant links what ever it was I made the right decision for me at this stage of my www. career.

Jamie

Jim bob 9 pants, Jun 15, 2006 IP
    Option6 likes this.
  9. Big Richard

Big Richard Peon

Best Answers:
    Noticed that as well - strange when all the other DP tool links in the list have PR7 ?

Big Richard, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  10. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm, no cache either (at this moment).

Christopher, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  11. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

LOL, Shoemoney watch out this guy thinks he knows his stuff. It's not like you know anything about SEO anyway~ :D

BlueDevilMedia, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  12. euromickey

euromickey Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel Big Richard has made some substantial points.

euromickey, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  13. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    I agree. There is no way for Google to know when a site has changed hands. OK, some buyers make immediate and substantial changes in WHOIS. Or move hosts. But that happens even when sites aren't sold. And sometimes when sites are sold no changes are made. In any event, how on earth would Google know that a site was sold on the basis of its PR? I doubt they monitor all the site selling forums to see how you are justifying your asking price.

I've know of several sites solely for their PR and on which links were later pimped to the max. I've never seen them suddenly dissappear from Google (SERPs).

Sorry, Shoemoney, gotta disagree with you on this.

Foggy, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  14. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think fryman should feather his PhotoShop selections when cutting and pasting chicks into his avatars.

elkiwi, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lmao! What does that have to do with this thread?

And no... I don't "cut and paste" chicks in my avatars... ;)

[​IMG]

fryman, Jun 15, 2006 IP
  16. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true, Google is a domain registrar so has access to all domain change information. If they act on it is another debate.

MattUK, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  17. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lol... google knows much more than you think...

I agree with Matt

fryman, Jun 16, 2006 IP
  18. Foggy

Foggy Link and Site Buyer

Best Answers:
    I agree. But let's not get carried away. They don't know what you and I discuss by PM. They don't know what we discuss by (non-gmail) email or the phone.

I'm aware of this. As you may note from my post I explained that change in WHOIS is what gives it away. So, if you don't want Google to know about the private transaction we've done by PM you just change the passwords at the domain registrar and leave WHOIS intact.

I'll reiterate: There is no way for Google to know when a site has changed hands except, as I described earlier, if you tell them by making WHOIS changes.

Big Richard's original statement - that websites are bought and sold all the time with absolutely no change in rankings - 100% correct. He did not say all websites that are sold maintain their ranking.

Foggy, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  19. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    The nuts of Big Richards' post I agree with. I would like to also add, on a broader scope, this goes beyond link networks.

Most of my web associates have seen an enormious drop in Google serps months ago. They are no part of ANY link scheme or network. All of these sites are good, clean WH ecom sites. If you have invested significant time and finances to build a nice site that sells nice products and you all of a sudden lose your ranking, what's left?? Pull out that CC and subscribe or open your adwords account and pay for your clicks. No matter what Google does they win you (may) lose.

I get sick and tired of building decent websites only to find Google bans them or removes them from serps without any explaination. Don't get me wrong not all sites I have or build get banned. Some do very well.

I have no doubt in my mind that Google has declared out and out war on link networks, but also believe that the bigger picture is very self-serving.

Big Richard's observation of this likely being an algorythmic ban is even more frightening.

Google has always maintained that webmasters should NOT pay attention to rankings and concentrate on your own site. I have done this. It doesn't work if you are serious about doing business on the net. Their current state does nothing but pi** off countless hard-working webmasters. Resulting it a new wave of webmaster. This is perpectual and I can see it from both sides.

The bottom line is do what you have to do to make a living...F Google if you have to. If their algo comes back to you its a bonus. If it doesn't you are taking necessary steps to regain your market share.

my 2 cents,

H

Homer, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  20. Thomas.

Thomas. Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree.

Thomas., Jun 17, 2006 IP