1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the rules with refunds on clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by chum112, Dec 9, 2008.

As many may know. I have released an e-book. Whats the rule on refunds?

Is there some way i can be protected against everyone reading it and then demanding a refund?

Thanks

chum112, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  2. mill123

mill123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no not really. you just have to offer a great product so that peeps dont want a refund. you will never stop refunds alltogether tho.

mill123, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  3. DomainCo.US

DomainCo.US Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's one of the drawback in clickbank, people are abusing it... but you can't really blame them, alot of the cb products are junk

DomainCo.US, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  4. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Person asks for refund from clickbank, person gets refund, end of story.

Doesn't matter what the excuse is the person always gets their refund.

One of the downsides of clickbank

terryd, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  5. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like Mill123 said, the best protection against refunds is a quality product.

Generally, most customers (that I've seen, at least) are guided by honesty, such that if pay for a product that they perceive to have monetary value and find that the product is consistent with their expectations, they're not going to try to get their money back, even if they can.

However, if the customer buys something that they perceive to have value and then it's a sharp letdown because it's filled with fluff, vague generalities, or easy-to-find, common information, they're going to be more likely to want a refund because they'll feel they haven't gotten their money's worth.

The reality is that any given CB product might not necessarily be right for every single person who purchases it, and so a refund from time to time is to be expected... but it's not going to kill you.. unless the product doesn't sell anyways, in which case a refund isn't going to be your biggest problem.

In my experience in the last 2 years as a Clickbank affiliate, I've generally had about a 1% refund rate for the products I've sold - which tells me that not only that I've chosen to sell products that offer value, but also that people on the whole believe in the 'fairness' of exchanging money for solutions.

-T

Telmari, Dec 9, 2008 IP