1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

9/11 accused Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to plead guilty

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by britishguy, Dec 8, 2008.

What is going on is he trying to go out as a Martyr?

----------------------------------
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7770856.stm

Alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-defendants have told a military judge at Guantanamo Bay they want to confess and plead guilty.

The judge at the pre-trial hearing, Col Stephen Henley, said he would question the men to ensure that was their wish.

Mr Mohammed and the others face the death penalty if convicted of a role in killing 2,973 people in the attacks.

------------------------------------

This could get complex as the guilty verdict is what Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is trying to secure

Comments :-

britishguy, Dec 8, 2008 IP
    nitinleew likes this.
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If they want to die, I think the Judge should obliged them. They certainly deserve these punishments and more.

wisdomtool, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  3. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The culprits will die and die again. If the people they killed blew up in pieces, these @holes will be blown up to pieces and made to suffer again and again until day of judgement when they will get more punishment and it will only increase. Such is the punishment described for the person who kills the innocent, nothing about "martyrdom" in such cowards.

M5love, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  4. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agree in principle but

Evil twisted people like these are will have an agenda that they want to aim for in their guilty plea

Such is the minds of such terrorists who want to leave a legacy to ensure, someone follows after them ...............doing exactly the same

The best way is no trial ---------just a simple execution ------that will be the best solution.........unfortunately that, legally will not happen

britishguy, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  5. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way IMO is to hang them in public in Saudi Arabia (the land in which these kind of people look up to and the same land which obeys USA's every command).

M5love, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  6. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to be the the person firing the rifle at KSM

soniqhost.com, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  7. FriendlyBear

FriendlyBear Active Member

Best Answers:
    God will take care of them anyway ! :(

FriendlyBear, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  8. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they will get the punishment for what they did and hope in near future an example is set that no one makes such a mistake

butternyk, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  9. erolelcott

erolelcott Peon

Best Answers:
    i don`t think any terrorist could ever become a martyr...no matter how much of good deeds he(she?) did prior to that!!

erolelcott, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  10. wmghori

wmghori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    USA cant accuse Osama Bil Laden anymore, if they hang Khalid Sheikh as a master mind and planner for 9-11 or can it?

wmghori, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  11. M5love

M5love Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The USA can accuse anyone they want. They have the power. All hail America!

M5love, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  12. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Bin Laden has been very clear on his part of 911. There can be more then one 'mastermind' to a plot, and with one as planned and orchestrated as this one was, there has to be. Sheikh was only one of several to be directly involved in the planning of the attacks. Doesn't mean Bin Laden wasn't.

As for why they would plead guilty, I am sure martyrdom has something to do with it, to be able to stand up as a symbol to other fanatics as they are killed, but mostly I think it has to do with whatever has been done to them in Gitmo. If I was there, and had the option of getting out, even through death, I would probably take it after too long.

We all know what goes on there.

oo87, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Until economic ruin means that they pawn all the tanks ships and planes....

Valley, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  14. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

:D

AGS, Dec 9, 2008 IP
    britishguy likes this.
  15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, we dont all know... so enlighten us, and please do name reliable sources. Have you been there?

The people that risk their lives to catch guys like that and the intel guys that piece together their connections just so the next big televised 9/11 style *boom* doesnt hit your home town deserve more than vague "everybody knows" accusations from those they defend.

They've caught all kinds of garbage about failing to focus on the real culprits of 9/11... but when they actually have one ready to be punished, they catch crap from the very people whose pink little butts they're protecting.

robjones, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  16. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So....what? Believing that more then one person was responsible for 9-11 makes me ignorant, or believing the claims that torture is used, especially after Bush's attempt to redefine the definition is ignorant? Torture has been been used in warfare before, are you telling me because I believe the evidence that has leaked that it makes me somehow against the troops or unpatriotic?

I am not completely sure which part of my post offended you so much, but you might want to think through your reactions before attacking someone who really didn't say anything outrageous. Especially considering my own family's military background which you, not knowing me, have no idea about.

And as for the negative reputation just because you don't agree with me, I think it tells us all a tiny bit about you, Rob. Not me, the crazy, Liberal who is apparently 'spouting off'.

oo87, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  17. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    you know what would be horrible, if these people did not do it and were tortured so much that they think if they just plead guilty the water torture and other horrible means we do to them will end. It could have happened you know I know 3 people named Khalid Sheikh Mohammed maybe they got the wrong one?

jodyq, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    oo87 - I call 'em as I see them. Your opinion of my reaction doesn't especially matter.

But as you ask, the part that offended me (and you got the signed red rep, ask around, most wont do that) was the smug "everybody knows" bit. Sound like the folks that think free speech comes without a price. There's a price, you just arent the one paying it. Holler when you sign up to do that personally.

robjones, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  19. oo87

oo87 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So, you are saying that until I serve in the military, despite the fact that my family has been in the army for as far back as I know, and despite being an American citizen, I have no right to exercise the freedoms provided me because I am critical of the actions of a political administration and the orders they give?

Interesting...

oo87, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  20. contentedge

contentedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jody; just tell me one thing. Do you really think the U.S. intelligence is filled with high school dropouts who don't know squat about terrorists? :rolleyes:

contentedge, Dec 9, 2008 IP