1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

40,000 impressions = 1.5$

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Jusse, Dec 9, 2008.

Hi all.

I've got around 40,000 impression per day, and yet I'm only earning around 1-2$ per day.
    It's been like this for a year now (before that I was earning 10-15$ per day)
    Then I'm reading all these stories about people who have way less impressions than I do and they're earning more.

I've tried various ad placements, but the ads are just not paying enough (and I'm not getting a large amount of clicks)
    My site is about a soccer video game with visitors from around the world (mostly Europe and South America)

I've got around 6,000 unique visitors per day.

This has made me wonder; is Adsense the ideal choice for me?

It seems like I've been missing out on a lot this last year in terms of potential income - but I just don't know what else to do with Adsense.

(I've purposely excluded my number of clicks, as I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that)

Jusse, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  2. cheapez

cheapez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, with 6,000 unique visitors/day you can make much more than that. If me, I would try somethings else like selling advertise spaces, selling your products, ... Have you thought about that?

cheapez, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  3. fishfinder

fishfinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats a horrible situation you're in! 500 impressions usually nets me 2$. You might consider another ad network and see how it works for you. Sounds like smartpricing, but you haven't mentioned niche....which could also explain this.

fishfinder, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  4. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    your CTR and income is dependant lot on the type of site you run (forum, blog, website) and ad placement. without having any info on what type of site you run or without looking at your ad placement, its hard to give advice.

sultanofseo, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  5. ebookisdead

ebookisdead Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your niche? maybe your niche is not high paying keyword for adsense?

ebookisdead, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  6. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    What nonsense you are asking about? He has already made it clear that it is Soccer related niche and the visitors are from Europe and S. America.

What I Find here is that, adsense is serving low cost ads on your site. From my experience usually this niche get a ecpm of >15 and you need to earn around 600 per day. But then when the impressions goes up and that too repeated visitors , it is but natural for the advertisers and google to think about smart pricing . You have a good option. Try text link ads or any other direct sales of space . You may definitely fetch more than $60 per month, your present income.Secondly you can be an affiliate marketer and if you convert a worst 10000:1 you may have 4 sales and that may give you more than $100 /day to say the least . My two cents . I am not an expert in the field but have a bit of experience. Good luck!!

affiliatenewbie, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  7. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    SGBoise, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  8. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    yea try filtering ads many ads are just from park domains just see the ads click properties and see the links and if they are just made for adsense just block them i had same issues before and now i get $10-20 from just 1000-2000 UV per day on my forum.

010081, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  9. DeanJames

DeanJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jusse,

Adsense is not the best way to monetize THAT particular site. Adding a few advertizers to a block list is not the solution to your problem ( if I can call it that ).

With 6000 visitors a day you could be selling them products they would actually be interested in. Go to amazon and find out what other products those people are buying ( it actually tells you ), then advertise those products on your site. Get inside the mind of your prospect and work out what else they might want to learn/know about. Some of those people may not even own the game, why don't you make sure they can buy that for a start via your site. Man, you are getting 180,000 people a month hit your site... it's a goldmine waiting to happen if that traffic is targeted. You need to keep TESTING out different offers/products on your site and monitor conversions.

CAPTURE the leads and build an asset, you are letting TOO MUCH traffic slip through your fingers and the money you are getting from it is insignificant at the moment. Get some of that traffic into an opt-in list. Offer them a short report on tips for that video game or a cheat sheet...anything.. that will entice them to sign up. DO THIS TODAY!

Check your stats and review the keywords people are using to find your site. These are the things your prospect is interested in. You have to be a bit of a detective.

Dean

DeanJames, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  10. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    try affiliate ads, not adsense

thefreebielife, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  11. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would join an aff network that specialized in the types of products related to soccer. Use the traffic to monetize your aff leads. The power of averages is on your side. You just have to find that sweet product. BTW, if your site is a blog you might want to monetize it with Ebay merchandise using the script in my sig. You can pull inventory for soccer related items from ebay and make a killing without having any inventory to worry about.

PM me if you would like even more advice.

SFOD_D223, Dec 9, 2008 IP
    TheVccMatey likes this.
  12. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    I make 3 times what you do with 1/10th the traffic. :) PM me your URL. I'll help you

TheVccMatey, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. Jusse

Jusse Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the various advice so far guys - I'm taking it all in.
    I have tried the blacklist, but it didn't help. My ads all seem genuine with proper content, but they are apparently just not paying much ($0.03 at most)

Let me clarify a bit...

People come to my site in order to download stuff for their game - stuff made by the community for this game. The downloads are the main aspect of the site, but what make people stick around after they've downloaded the daily items is the forum where the makers are showing previews and getting feedback.
    But it's mainly in the download section and on the front page people are clicking the ads.

I've got 7,246 registered members - you don't need to be a member in order to download stuff, so the majority of those people have registered in order to post in the forum.

I know I'm not getting enough clicks considering how many unique visitors I've got - but, like I said; I've tried various ad placements and even changed the entire design of the site in order to optimize the ads, though with little success.

I had 8,000 unique visitors a year ago, and made around 10-15$ per day and had under twice as many clicks as I do now - so I'm not getting as much per click as I did a year ago - far from it actually - my Page eCPM dropped considerably.

Jusse, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  14. smart_cyber

smart_cyber Peon

Best Answers:
    with 6000 unique visitor per day you should get more than $1000 per month. try to improve you web for more profits.

smart_cyber, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  15. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are getting about the same number of clicks as before but the earnings have dropped. Many other webmasters have experienced this.

Maybe image ads will earn you more?

Chrissy17, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  16. linch_army

linch_army Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah my CTR also down for 0.11% this week ...... :eek:

ussualy around 0.5-1%, 1.8% is my highest record.

i got around 600-900 page impression/day
    only got 15cent/day. not even close to pay my hosting :confused:

linch_army, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  17. kiddie

kiddie Peon

Best Answers:
    what do u mean by "ads click properties"

kiddie, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  18. Niche

Niche Peon

Best Answers:
    You have got to find some other way of monetizing that traffic!!!

Niche, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  19. nadalbg

nadalbg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Soccer is related to betting, why dont you try to be gambling affiliate. I am doing this and I own betting-forum.com
    With that much traffic you could earn thousands from this.

nadalbg, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  20. Jusse

Jusse Member

Best Answers:
    My biggest problem is that the majority of my visitors are under 18 and thus not likely to buy stuff online or register at betting sites. I did have a campaign running for one betting site for a month a year back, but the interest was none existing.

But yes, I need to come up with something - I'm at a point now where I'm considering just selling the site as I can't really be bothered anymore and the passion for the game is gone.

Jusse, Dec 10, 2008 IP