1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

flash game sites, How do they do it?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wrekoniz3, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    How do flash game sites get so much Residule traffic monthly? How to they expand out?

I normally focus on ad networks.

I have a flash game site which is a hobby of mine. I would like to get it out there and known. it was once, some what well known, it has been down for a few month. I just got it back up. I was advertising it through social bookmarking, link exchanges, and banner exchange networks. I updated it daily and never saw the returns other flash game sites see.

url is www.multimediaempire.net (no spam intended, for help purposes)

wrekoniz3, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    Any type of game sites always reap good traffic because people are always wanted to play new games...

Viktor Drej, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but how do the sites getting 1 million+ impressions do it, other than what i am already doing, what else can be done?

4. Viktor Drej

Viktor Drej Banned

Best Answers:
    They might have bigger budget.. look at how much the bite fight is spending on adsense...

Viktor Drej, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    but if your pissing money away like that, are the returns even close to what you spent? I havent seen it in what i have done in the past.

6. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    looking for advice on this...there has to be ways other than putting money into google. There has to be something other than advertising with google, that i am missing. At one point i was getting 200-800 uniques, like 1,000-4,000 impressions all for free just by updating daily, and submitting to digg. My site has been down for a month or so, and traffic was decreasing for months before... How can i rework this to bring more traffic in, and surpass what i once accomplished??????

wrekoniz3, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  7. artee2007

artee2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    My new online game sites got not much traffic form Avg. 60 unique visitor per day

artee2007, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  8. PwrUps

PwrUps Peon

Best Answers:
    What flash game sites are you looking at? Many of them are owned by big companies with big budgets. One way they advertise is by sponsoring a flash game (http://www.flashgamelicense.com). When they sponsor a flash game, they pay $100-$1000+ to have their logo on all copies of the flash game that is submitted online so their flash game website is heard of by many flash game addicts.

PwrUps, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  9. Czzarre

Czzarre Peon

Best Answers:
    yep. I did a few searches using google toolkit on the popularity of keywords. keywords like SEO, gives like 1 million hits. Keywords like GAMES or online games...gets about 20 million!

That's where the market is right now. NO, I dont think you need to pay for google links etc. But you do need good SEO and other ways to generate free traffic

Czzarre, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  10. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    yeaa i agree with having a big budget for advertising. Digg helps secure search engine listings, and brings new users in.

The game sponsoring thing, is a new thought, and i will deffinately look into that.

im looking for other ways though. If you dont have money, what can you do? Digg isnt bringing in traffic for games like it used to because people are spamming the shii out of it. More sites, less traffic for all.

wrekoniz3, Dec 28, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.