1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Review Sites the Best Clickbank Strategy?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by viqifrench, Dec 5, 2008.

I bidded on a copywriting job yesterday for someone who has a gorgeous Review Site. It links to 5 or 6 different landing pages selling different women's sex toys/methods. :eek:

That's not the niche I'm considering, but I'm thinking about adding 1-2 Clickbank Product Review pages here --
    http://ebookstrategies101.com/Clickbank_New

I would sell other Clickbank products (similar to my own ebook niche).

Questions:
    1. Do Review sites make good money?
    2. Do Review sites require a little or a lot of marketing to make them work?

Thanks!

viqifrench, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  2. viqifrench

viqifrench Peon

Best Answers:
    PS - Are review sites 'set it and forget it' types of sites?

I only have time to do minimal article marketing and no SEM...

viqifrench, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  3. aimtowin

aimtowin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much I reckon going by the ones I have researched to check out the competition. They don't seem to change much if at all.

aimtowin, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  4. ckoch

ckoch Member

Best Answers:
    I have been learning about Conduit type review sites. The creator of the method has a book out on it and you could find it by doing a search. I'm sure its called "the conduit method" and its rather inexpensive to grab a copy.
    The crux of the method is that you provide more info them regular review sites and you become a review site with authority. Its really a great new idea. Just thought I would mention it as its a bit better then conventional reviewing of clickbank books and it is all about clickbank.

ckoch, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  5. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    SEM is important, article review sites can contain the exact keywords people are looking for. Why creating review sites with non-relevant keywords/content for ? They`ll work only for the PPC users .. ;)

evelinawilliams007, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  6. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no "best" strategy. PPC can work, Article Marketing can work. Direct linking can work, custom landing pages can work. All of these can work. Not all of them work for everyone all the time.

Find which works best for you. I'm more of a PPC guy, some people dig on article marketing. Both have their place. Review pages can be killer if they're setup right. Then again, so can e-mail squeeze pages. There is no silver bullet.

Ideastone, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  7. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    Review sites are good for some things but not everything. What I do is when doing my keyword research, I look to see if review was searched for. If there is a huge number, I set up a review site. If it is a small number, I don't because chances are the number for "review" is probably from marketers trying to see if its worth promoting, as opposed to real people.:)

zeek

zeekstern, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  8. HarryLee

HarryLee Member

Best Answers:
    I have to admit I kind of dislike the review sites, don't ask me why though some actually convert really well.

HarryLee, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  9. natj

natj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've found presell pages to be quite effective in "persuading" the visitor to make it to the sales page.

It sometimes makes more sense to 'tell' the user what is good.

natj, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  10. shadow213

shadow213 Peon

Best Answers:
    True dat !

shadow213, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  11. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wrote an article about why article review sites and clickbank work so well.

You can read it here: Click on this link to read it

Franck

Franck S, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  12. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted this article on EA a few hours ago, and I've just made a sale (hosting account = recurring), so it REALLY works well.

Franck.

Franck S, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  13. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Review Sites...ATTACK!

mwuahahahahahaha!

okay, besides the random spontaneous display of eeeevil. Review sites only work the best when your first 1 or two paragraphs vividly highlights and depicts what your product is, and how it can benefit in the potential customers life!

Review Sites....GOOOOO!

ExpertForumGuy, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  14. viqifrench

viqifrench Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of excellent advice here.

Be sure to read Franck's EZA article (above). It's good and has great insight into article marketing for a review site.

viqifrench, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  15. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    as with other sites, review sites can be bad, can look obviously spammy/fake...or they can be good.

A good and legit looking review site will convert 3x-4x better than your typical "sales page".

Most review sites and templates i saw did NOT convince me, they are just re-arranged sales letters, not looking legit at all.

A good review site MUST talk to the customer and needs to establish a personal connection to the site visitor, making the site visitor feel that his search for whatever product has an end now. It can be done if you're a good copy writer. Dont underestimate intelligence of your site visitors. A BAD review site will rather put them off.

It doesnt matter whether you target keywords like "xyz review". Doesn't really matter at all, IMHO.

GeorgR., Mar 26, 2009 IP
  16. viqifrench

viqifrench Peon

Best Answers:
    GeorgR, good point about the quality of copywriting, and how sounding to sales-y can turn people off. This is a challenging thing for most of us to do, to turn down the heat and turn up the 'connection'.

viqifrench, Mar 27, 2009 IP
  17. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    It still works, but the review site must not sound like a sales pitch. Problem with those review type sites is that they all seem to have adwords ads saying "Product X is a scam! Dont buy it!" and when you visit the site, it basically says "He he he! Gotcha! No its greaaaaaaaaat!"

BeirutMarketing, Mar 27, 2009 IP