1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Site is getting copied

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by dancing.shivani, Dec 2, 2008.

hello friends,

The main reason for creating this thread is simply to seek an advice from experts like you. I have a website which i created very recently and I am aware of the fact that Google gives priority to the posts which are written uniquely. So I am putting in my best efforts to write content which is 100% genuine and my own creation.

Few days back I used copyscape and found that one person is repeatedly copying my articles into his website.. He has a full fledged website and all articles are copied from other blogs and websites also. Since then, I was keeping a check on his website but to my shock, he started copying all my articles on daily basis. I even filed a complaint to Google but they said they need more written documents as proofs. In short they cant help me.

The thing which is paining me is that his site has even started ranking well in google and getting traffic from those contents which really belongs to mine.

What should I do? Please suggest me something.. I am afraid of contacting him as i feel he may give a shower of clicks to my website and may try to ban me. Please please please help me guys.....

dancing.shivani, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. Pietya

Pietya Peon

Best Answers:
    That must be really upsetting.

Try to find out who his webhost is and contact them with a DMCA claim.

Pietya, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. dancing.shivani

dancing.shivani Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya that is really very frustrating watching some1 copying my content on daily basis.. Can u tell me something about DMCA claim?

dancing.shivani, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  4. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have an experience in this. The only thing you should do and be sure of the result is reporting him to google.
    http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
    1. Search for something that you know he stole from you.
    2. Copy the bad URL and paste it
    3. Copy the original URL and paste it
    4. Explain the issue and give details
    5. Repeat this once everyday for another URL.

Lordo, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. suman817

suman817 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So sorry to hear that :(.Pls read Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Here's the url
    http://www.google.com/dmca.html
    If the website removed from Google's search database, it a success.

suman817, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info about this I do n't know about this till now..

But what about reverse ?

Duplicated content provider providing his content as original and original content as duplicate??

Freewebspace, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. carfinance

carfinance Peon

Best Answers:
    its very bad.................find that person and take legal action

carfinance, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you elaborate more?

Lordo, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. mrbento

mrbento Peon

Best Answers:
    my advice is, check the contact us of the guy site that copying your contents, send him a quick message to release all the contents that belong to you, set a date line, if not report to google.

But, please carefully check, does he copied whole contents? does he modify the contents? it would be easy to track if the website is hosted in his own domain.

mrbento, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  10. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google will do nothing , now that you have started a thread at DP cribbing about that google will give a better rank to the website who is copying content from you than that of you.

it career, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  11. Eclipse-se

Eclipse-se Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are very many persons that face the problem with duplicating information. Ask the music industry for example...

You can take the time to sue this person. Good luck...!! It will cost you a fortune in time and money. You'd better off trying to make the copying difficult, by different means.

Are you good in programming, maybe you can put your articles in PDF-files? By code.

They will be possible to copy, yes, but it will require A LOT of work and maybe this person choose not to copy from your content any more.

Eclipse-se, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  12. geekology

geekology Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has acted twice and very fast for me in such cases... let me know if you need any kind of help... feel free to PM me.

geekology, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. RandomWoman

RandomWoman Peon

Best Answers:
    In the past I've usually been able to send a polite, professional, message to the offending party and gotten immediate results.

Contact the person via their website. Let them know that your content is copyright protected and you do not want it duplicated. Ask them to remove it (give a date like Mrbento suggested) and wait. Most times the person will just remove the offending content.

If they don't remove your content message their hosting company and file a complaint with google. When I've been forced to do that I've noticed fast results from both the hosting compaies and google.

RandomWoman, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  14. ichunez

ichunez Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem as well. I wil give this a try. THanks

ichunez, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  15. blackhat33

blackhat33 Banned

Best Answers:
    Better to complain to his hosting for illegal content. But, before answer this: have you registered somewhere your content before publish on the web? No. So, you can do nothing. My opinion.
    You still can complain everywhere. Maybe, maybe somebody will shut down these guys...sorry for you! The internet is still wild.

blackhat33, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  16. johnnie

johnnie Peon

Best Answers:
    Demand backlinks from the offending webmaster, under threat of reporting him to google or filing a lawsuit. If he budges, you will actually benefit from him :)

johnnie, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  17. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately DMCA's are really just threats. A site can choose to deny it, and in turn force you to take costly legal action.

Your best bet is out them to G as web spam. Report them using Webmaster tools. If you can, document their activity as best you can, and from as many sources as you can.

Good luck.

Sockmoney, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  18. mixke

mixke Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know this feeling, my website was also being copied sometime back. I tried all the above mentioned measures but no success. At the end, I dropped the quality of some of my articles and he stopped copying them.

mixke, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. miranon

miranon Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Report him to his hosting provider;
    2. Report him to Google;
    3. If he is using adsense, report him to Google Adsense;
    4. Take legal action.

If the tips above don't help you can consider to pay a hacker to reveal his personal information or hack his website etc. You can also use blackhat methods to spam his website or to copy the content from his website to other websites to take his SERP down etc. Use his own methods.

Good luck!

miranon, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  20. RomanticGuy

RomanticGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have filed hundreds and hundreds of DMCA complaints. My success rate so far is 100%. When I write a new page, here is what I do:

1) When you write a new page, select two unique sentences. Try to pick one sentence toward the beginning of the article and one sentence toward the end.

2) Add a Google Alert (http://www.google.com/alerts) for each sentence in quotes.

3) Google will e-mail you when they find a page that matches your alert. Hopefully your page will get indexed first, but there are no guarantees.

When I find a copyright violation, here is what I do:

1) Type up a formal DMCA complaint in Notepad. I use the format outlined for Google Blogger at http://www.google.com/blogger_dmca.html . Depending on how mad you are, you might want to go straight to their host (step 6) or Google (step 10).

2) You can try to contact the person who is copying your content. Add the following sentence to the top of your DMCA complaint, "Please remove my copyrighted content from your website within 48 hours". Use "Copyright violation on xyz.com" for the subject. Send your complaint through the website contact page if they have one. In addition e-mail a copy to every e-mail address you can find for them (e-mail address on privacy page, e-mail address on the terms of service page, e-mail address on the website WHOIS record, e-mail address on the About Us, etc.) with a copy sent to yourself.

3) After 48 hours, find the DMCA complaint that you e-mailed to them. It will contain the links to your content on their website. Check each link to see if your content has been removed.

4) If your content is still on their website, forward a second copy to them stating "As far as I can see, this issue has not been addressed. Please remove my copyrighted material from your website within 48 hours". Why send a second e-mail? I shows you are being persistant.

5) After 48 hours, check to see if you content has been removed.

6) If your content still has not been removed, file a DMCA complaint with their host. Forward a copy of the second e-mail that you sent. Add "After repeated attempts, I have been unable to get the owner of xyz.com to remove my copyrighted content from their website" followed by another copy of your DMCA complaint. Send the e-mail to the Abuse e-mail address for their host. You can find this e-mail address by doing a WHOIS on their website IP address. I usually just go with the host Abuse e-mail address. If you don't get any action, go to the host's website and check their terms of service page. That usually tells you how you can file a DMCA complaint.

If the host is based in the U.S., a DMCA complaint usually gets results. I love GoDaddy and HostGator, they take down the whole website based on your complaint. I guess they find that tends to get a webmaster's attention. If the host is based outside of the U.S., you might or you might not get any action on your complaint.

7) From time to time, check to see if you content has been removed. Some hosts will tell you that the content has been removed. Other hosts will have the content removed and never tell you.

8) If the content has not been removed after a week, I check the host's website to see if they have any special requirements for sending DMCA. If not, I send the e-mail again with "Can you please look in to this issue. As far as I can see, it has not been addressed.".

9) From time to time, check to see if you content has been removed.

10) If it does not look like you are getting any action from the host, it is time to contact Google. Why wait until now to contact Google? Contacting the website owner or host is generally faster. Getting satisfaction on a DMCA complaint to Google can take weeks.

If they have Google Adsense on the page, file a complaint following the Google Adsense DMCA requirements (http://www.google.com/adsense_dmca.html). If not, follow the Google DMCA requirements (http://www.google.com/dmca.html). In either case, they do not allow DMCA complaints to be e-mailed. You have to fax or mail them.

If you complained to Google Adsense, you content will end up getting taken down by the webmaster after an e-mail to them from Google Adsense. If you complained to Google, the content will be removed from their index.

The website you file a DMCA complaint can file a counter notification. Basically, that pushes the issue off to the courts. No one has ever decided to roll the dice and file a counter notification on me.

It can be a long process, but if you are willing to follow it to the end, you should be able to get your copyrighted content removed.

I hope that was helpful.

RomanticGuy, Dec 10, 2008 IP
    koan likes this.