1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long should an article be to sell it easily on this forums?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by alber859, Dec 7, 2008.

Hi,

When I look in the ''Buy, Sell and Trade'' section, most of the articles for sale contains less 1000 words. Is it because the buyers look for short articles ?? I ask this question because I wrote some articles to sell in this section and they're longer than 1000 words. For example, tonight I wrote a review of the new Prince of Persia on PlayStation 3 and I wrote 2400 words. I'm a video game enthusiast so I can write many words about a game. Should I consider writing shorter articles? Do you think I will be able to sell articles with more than 2000 words for at least USD $20 ??
    Thank you for your opinion ..

alber859, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  2. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yea if you have researched and written it in perfect English you will find people who here value quality...People write short articles because its easy to sell them at lower prices.

kanwarjot, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  3. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles are usually around 500 words because readers generally prefer articles that are shorter. Of course, there are some exceptions. An article should always be as long or as short as necessary to cover the topic.

For the length of your specific review, look around at some other PS3 game reviews and see how long they are. You don't want your review to be abnormally longer than the others that are out there.

How much you charge for your review depends on a few things. What qualifies you to write game reviews? Are you an expert gamer? If you're a novice or beginner without much experience writing game reviews, you won't be able to charge as high a price as an expert in the field.

When you're thinking about price, you also need to consider your target market. Some groups of buyers only want to pay pennies for work, while others realize quality writing comes at a cost.

latoya, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    alber859 likes this.
  4. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow Thank You. I think I'm gonna show my review to some buyers and try to sell them for what it worth. THX very much. This is useful advice ;)

alber859, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  5. silvastar

silvastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many website marketers use articles to submit and then link back to their
    own site. As a result they want volume of articles, not volume of words in
    an article.

Unless your writing style is very captive, you'd be hard pressed to keep
    anyone still reading your text after 1,000 words let alone 2,000. However
    if what you are saying is interesting people might even read more.

Good luck.

silvastar, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  6. Celetrix

Celetrix Banned

Best Answers:
    Good Luck buddy :p!

The longer the article the better and more pay, but make sure you do not bore people!

Celetrix, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  7. Y.L. Prinzel

Y.L. Prinzel Peon

Best Answers:
    When writing for the web, shorter content (500-750) words is usually best. Print publications generally want articles with words in the thousands.

You can break your article up into a series of four, maybe. Then you can build up a readership and make more money.

Also, you may want to consider selling it on Constant Content. With them, you're looking at a lot more money than DPF.

Y.L. Prinzel, Dec 8, 2008 IP
    alber859 likes this.
  8. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. I'm gonna look at that ;)

alber859, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No,during this time,you can't expect your buyer to fork out more than $10 for each article.
    You should priced it at competitive rate such as $15 for 2400 word coz there is huge competition out there.
    Now the most is 500 word and the most popular is around 300 word article.
    So you better cut the article short to meet the market demand

mentos, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  10. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, Thank You guys. Right now, I'm think about writing some health articles : they seem to sell very well on the forums and I'm in medical school so I have some textbooks to help me :). I wrote an article and put it as a sample on this free hosted website : http://alber.host-ed.net/

Can you read it and give your opinion about my writing ??

THX, This would be very appreciated :)

alber859, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  11. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not how long it is - its where you stick it that counts ;-)

Seriously, thanks for this thread, food for thought.

thefandango, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  12. DrGreg

DrGreg Peon

Best Answers:
    I find that a minium of 500 words per article sells better. This is more reader friendly and can usually be priced at an affordable rate for clients. Of course, it is not always possible to stick to exactly 500 words. If a 500 word article is requested by a client, don't write more than 600 words. This is just my experience especially in the medical field.

DrGreg, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  13. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you write a lot of medical articles ??

alber859, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  14. DrGreg

DrGreg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I do.

I started off with medical articles and then a client asked me to edit some poorly written cell phone articles. Before I knew it, I was writing on cell phones and finance. But health related articles is still my main line of work. I now outsource the other topics like tech and finance to writers and edit their work, ensure keyword prevalence and CPC and relevant tagging.

I only take on writers who have a qualification in the field. Like my finance articles are written by a final year MBA student and my cell phone articles are written by a comp science student who works in a cell phone store on the weekends.

So as you see, you can start off in one field and that may still be your main topic but if you are a good writer, you have options to branch out in this line of work.

DrGreg, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  15. alber859

alber859 Active Member

Best Answers:
    alber859, Dec 11, 2008 IP
  16. DrGreg

DrGreg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I did read it. Good work. Some advice - keep it shorter or divide it between 2 articles like Y.L. Prinzel mentioned. Keep an eye on keyword search volume on your keyword tool and monitor keyword density within your article.
    Good luck!

DrGreg, Dec 11, 2008 IP
    alber859 likes this.