1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Look!! 100% Spam in Google results

Discussion in 'Google' started by gotroot, Dec 6, 2008.

1. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    You can log into your google account and tell them to remove the spam sites from your list. They should have a report function where you can flag it as spam.

SGBoise, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  2. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    AREN'T those .edu sites? thats the reason they are there!

indyguidedotinfo, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    web-fanatic likes this.
  3. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I hope Google stays this way. I make a lot of money from such sites. Even my mass produced BANS sites still generate me money.

mightyb, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    lycos, kanwarjot and web-fanatic like this.
  4. Othonas14

Othonas14 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its holidays in Cyprus not ciprus:cool:. Cyprus is my country....:D

Othonas14, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  5. snvc

snvc Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless someone reported it else Google might not discovered. Occasionally, i even accidentally clicked on some malware infected sites on the Google first result page.

snvc, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  6. gotroot

gotroot Peon

Best Answers:
    Apparently, they are not focusing on the quality of the search results. Instead, they are busy coming up with DIGG-inspired voting and search wiki features which means nothing when it comes to SEO. Sure, someone can personalize the search results but for SEOs who work hard day and night to get their sites rank high, this kind of spam is a big let down to both their efforts and their motivation. Blackhat techniques apparently are better to earn money than our legit efforts. What shame!

gotroot, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  7. yenerich

yenerich Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they fix it.

yenerich, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  8. b1e2n3i4

b1e2n3i4 Peon

Best Answers:
    SPAM is everywhere :D :D

b1e2n3i4, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  9. Arananthi

Arananthi Peon

Best Answers:
    (Including right there.)

One of my best friends from high school works at Google. I shot him an Email and asked about the spam this thread is talking about, and he said basically "someone came up with a way to forge dozens of PR-8 backlinks to bull**** websites in a way that looks totally legit to the spiders. We're working on it."

So hopefully it won't last too much longer.

Arananthi, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  10. gotroot

gotroot Peon

Best Answers:
    A dozen of PR8 websites? A dozen? I know there are millions of websites out there but it would still take a hell of an effort to find a dozen of PR8 websites for pure blackhat purpose. These pages are not even displaying any ads to earn money. I didn't bother going through the links they have but when you reach the landing page, there isn't anything to click on or any affiliate link.

Also, there are around 100-200 of the exact site with different page names and URLs and Title and they mostly get redirected to some gleesk.net

I am trying a combination of different keywords. Some that are highly competitive and these results are ranking high for those keywords as well. Also, how come a 404 site that does not even exist is ranking for these terms?

What would be the benefit of pulling something like this remains a mystery to me. Your thoughts please?

gotroot, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  11. SGBoise

SGBoise Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is way to big to notice all the spam sites. They really should have a way to flag sites and systematically analyze the site for spam like activities.

SGBoise, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  12. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Either there's a virus on your computer that messed up your search results, or google hasn't spotted the site and decided it was spam yet.

bobbylove321, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  13. Cakk15

Cakk15 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the deal with google?

Cakk15, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  14. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you should tell your friend to make your site a pr9! And also ask him when the next pr update is :)

indyguidedotinfo, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  15. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    So my legit sites went down 5 pages (not only my sites but hundred others legit sites too) while others rank their spam trucks #1 simply because Google have a flaw at new algo? :rolleyes: No sheet?

Maybe they need to get back to high school cause their algo is getting dumb and dumber. The report system is a joke and seriously, how can a blog with 20 words of text and nothing else buts adsense ads rank #4 -#9 for a major keyword for 2 years? HOW? Joking with me? Go fu#% themselves! They are playing us dumb here.

Every time i see these results i feel i should turn the "black hat button" at all my websites. Every one of them. If they get flagged it's a $5 expense for domain and let's move on to another one. They are turning real solid websites into pieces of crap cause it's easier to rank high with a piece of crap instead of a solid, legit, unique, relevant website.

Enough said, a huge thank you :rolleyes: to all at G complex. (even the name says it all, complex...)

scubita, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  16. glenv

glenv Peon

Best Answers:
    Google hires high school students?

glenv, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  17. Arananthi

Arananthi Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, GlenV, he was a buddy FROM high school. WE're both in our 30s now. :)

And, for the record, according to my friend, they haven't scheduled the next PR update because, for internal reasons he's not privvy to, the PR update that was supposed to begin and end in November is still processing/being delayed. That's all he can tell me without violating his NDC.

Arananthi, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  18. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Something really weird happened late October, early November. Someone screwed up big time. Some data centers seem like they were hacked! Top pages just full of spam right now. Google team better move their ass's and get hands dirty pretty quick.

scubita, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. jb=]

jb=] Peon

Best Answers:
    You just made my day, Off topic, but honestly, you made me smile.. :)

jb=], Dec 8, 2008 IP
  20. Zentech

Zentech Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of spam in Google results lately, too.

Zentech, Dec 8, 2008 IP