1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ASP .NET and Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'C#' started by cancer10, Dec 6, 2008.

Hello,

Assuming this is the right section to ask this question (if not then mods plz move it to the appropriate one).

I was wondering how easy or hard will it be to create a web application in ASP.net under dreamweaver CS 4 instead of doing it under Microsoft ASP.NET IDE?

I am new to ASP.NET to plz help me.

Thanx

cancer10, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  2. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im not sure, but i know that Visual Studio and Dreamweaver have some compatibility issues (editing a website with Visual Studio that was created in Dreamweaver can pose some problems as far as HTML) i've had to do this a couple of times and normally have to make changes directly into the source code or visual studio stuffs it all up.
    I don't use dreamweaver, but visual studio or visual web developer, works fine for me for asp.net and i think that it would probably be more suited to asp.net development then dreamweaver would be.

camjohnson95, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  3. cancer10

cancer10 Guest

Best Answers:
    I know I should not be comparing but is ASP.net any better then PHP?

If yes, how?

Thanx

cancer10, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  4. camjohnson95

Best Answers:
    i think it's just a matter of preference... i'd say asp.net is easier to learn

camjohnson95, Dec 7, 2008 IP
  5. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The server side controls in ASP.NET does make creating dynamic websites a breeze. Also the built in membership and profile providers makes adding advance membership features to a website very simple. Including AJAX functionality is just a line of code using ASP.NET... I don't think ASP.NET can be compared to vanilla PHP... It is a huge framework and not a simple procedural language like the old ASP.

vihutuo, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  6. pitagora

pitagora Peon

Best Answers:
    why in god's name would you use dreamweaver when you have one of the best IDE that works with ASP.NET? Visual Studio comes with so many features regarding code generation and manipulation. If you have the possibility to use it why not?

Dreamweaver will not help you at all with your code behind or server side controls, nor will it work with custom controls or masterpages. It won't even display normal server side components...

pitagora, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  7. camjohnson95

Best Answers:
    true, but i find visual studio very buggy a lot of the time.. although it rarely crashes (but does some of the time)... sometimes i can find myself waiting up to 30 seconds before it will do what i want it to.. like when you click and object, the properties dont come up straight away... i usually have to switch to the source and then back to design for it to show the properties of that object. and sometimes that doesnt even work... does anyone know why that happens?

camjohnson95, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  8. camjohnson95

Best Answers:
    it's really annoying and isn't just every now and again... it is most of the time...
    otherwise visual studio is great... but just dont try and edit a dreamweaver created site with it in WYSIWG mode... cause it stuffs it all up, if there is a lot of table etc.

camjohnson95, Dec 10, 2008 IP
  9. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to do the design of the site in psd/dreamweaver first (or notepad if you're better in the codes), then integrate the entire html codes in the ASPX masterpage. ._.'

Sapphiro, Dec 11, 2008 IP