1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Do You Get Quality Landing Pages?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Shadowplay, Dec 4, 2008.

After building a mini-site for generic results, I want to get into Adwords. I'm guessing I need to have my affiliate link on a landing page instead of what I have now which is geared toward generic search results.

So, where do I get these landing pages to use with Adwords? I'm much more of a developer than a designer so doing it myself would be hard. And anyway, I'm guessing you need something professional if you want it to stand out and convert after forking over money for Adwords.

Anyway, what do you all use and where do you get them?

Shadowplay, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Im looking at using wordpress, not sure how many people use wordpress for landing pages.

But regarding the typical landing pages there are designers putting them together as a service, anywhere from about $10 - whatever.

Reason im thinking of wordpress too is because of all ive read about QS, importance of content, certain pages etc etc.

Im just trying to find a way of working with wordpress to present affiliate products/services in the best way.

From the sounds of it though your thinking more on the typical landing page idea.

Im sure you will get some good suggestions here.

pipes, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  3. RobPinnacle

RobPinnacle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends if you want a pos or something of a bit of quality. Personally I spent anywhere from $400-$600 for a landing page. The difference is I've used this same designer for years. I KNOW it will convert.

RobPinnacle, Dec 5, 2008 IP
    iron1 likes this.
  4. draxima

draxima Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that with a good design your whole project can become a cashcow with the right elements included.

Having a long time contact with a quality designer is worth gold.

draxima, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  5. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. Can someone PM me with a recommendation for a web designer on here or elsewhere along with what they charge for a custom landing page.

Shadowplay, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  6. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $400-$600? :eek:

Why not learn how to build landing pages and save all that money? It's a very important skill to have.

Masterful, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  7. McDonalds|Chicken|Selects

McDonalds|Chicken|Selects Peon

Best Answers:
    I use the default wordpress template and copy writing skillz, but you can get some customized landing pages as cheap as $99 google for "customized landing pages"

8. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you getting on ok with using wordpress for landing pages?

pipes, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  9. draxima

draxima Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends,do you want a professional design or built by an amateur ?

If someone would learn to design but still not have the talent as a pro, it still would be made by an amateur.

Those $400-$600 are not that much if it makes sales, dont you agree ?

I believe in the range of 400-600 you would still not get an amazing professional design, it would be more expensive than that.

Just wanted to give you some perspectives.

draxima, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  10. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was always of the thinking that the content on the LP made all the difference in a campaign. Having somewhere around 8% of keywords within content usually keeps the bots sniffing around. As far as a page, why not use those sent with graphics in whatever niche program you are looking to promote?

SFOD_D223, Dec 6, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  11. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but I disagree. $400-$600 for a single landing page is a complete and utter ripoff.

Masterful, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  12. raimis100

raimis100 Banned

Best Answers:
    yup , make them yourslef better

raimis100, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  13. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    shadowplay..
    Since you apparently already have html skills since you have built a mini site, you shouldn't have to pay anyone for a landing page.

It is the content on the page that makes sales and the design of the page to a small degree. By design, I mean that the majority of your content should appear in the upper fold, and be easy to read. This means you don't need a huge banner, for example. That is just wasting valuable space. In fact, most of the good landing pages don't even have a banner.:)

Your title or first couple of lines must provide your customer the answer to their problem or clearly indicate that you have EXACTLY what they are looking for. IE an answer, or a product etc.

The body has the benefits. Not features, but benefits.
    Finally, a clear, concise call to action must be there too. If you want them to click this button to learn why they are so fat, then you must tell them to click it.

Now the above is something that could be used to capture leads. But, if you are going after one of those long sales pages, you can use it too, but add to it by adding testimonials, additional benefits, several call to actions throughout the page.

Hope this helps,
    Zeek

zeekstern, Dec 7, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. islandhopper8

islandhopper8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you want to do something good it takes time. To make a nice professional landing page with graphics and coding, can be a lot of hours. One of the last I worked on took we some where around the 18hrs or more. Working close with the customer, making changes etc.

If you make pages for a living the 600 dollars will only be like 30-35 dollars a hour, and from that you have to pay overhead, taxes etc. If you live in the USA/Europe or like where I live in the Caribbean, with your know how and skill set I dont think that is a rip-off! And don't even forget all the time and effort you spend on "educating yourself" so you can advise newbies in the right direction and prevent them from making "costly" mistakes.

I can understand that you would not want to pay or can afford so much for a landing page, because you might have enough skills to make the page yourself. So please see everything in the right content and value what other do.

islandhopper8, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  15. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you guys want some cheap landing pages, you can get some here

GTAce, Dec 17, 2008 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can the landing pages be edited? i dont mean just where the text would go, but some of the other elements of the templates.

Also is there any designed by link in the footer or are the templates free from anything like that?

pipes, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  17. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    *Most* of our landing pages come with PSD's. If you've got one in mind and you want to know whether or not a PSD is included, just ask me, and I'll let you know.

Nope. No copyright links/text anywhere. Your customers will never know :cool:

GTAce, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi GTAce, sounds good, thanks, il take a closer look really soon. :)

pipes, Dec 21, 2008 IP
  19. AgrInd

AgrInd Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like you have a few nice landing pages to choose from GTAce.

These will be very helpful for advertisers who have neither a web designer or the skills to create the pages them self.

AgrInd, Dec 22, 2008 IP
  20. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, glad to hear it!

If you guys want a particular type of landing page that you do not see on my website, let me know...I don't fill custom requests, but if there is enough demand for a LP that you would like, I can make it and release it for 10 people to download.

GTAce, Dec 22, 2008 IP