1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketplace History For mxmedia

Feedback Ratings

Past Month
Past 6 Months
Past 12 Months
Positive:
Neutral:
Negative:

Transaction History

As Seller
As Buyer
Completed:
Refund:
Dispute/Reversal:
Unpaid:
N/A
Paid Late:
N/A

100%

• Buyer
mxmedia has been involved in 29 transactions with 20 different users.

This user has received $888.99 as a seller and has spent $0.00 as a buyer.

Recent Transaction Feedback

1. Alterview
    Alterview
    According to the sellers description: "These are new market "flat" designs that are relevant in today's market and any niche", I thought I bought a website with a pack of opt-in/squeeze pages with a modern/flat design.

The templates turned out to be very outdated and low quality (copyright descriptions somewhere around 2007, but look even older), so they are pretty much unsellable. I asked if he would buy the website back but got no reaction, so I filed a PayPal dispute against him.

After he got the dispute he went mad and accused me of being a fraud, trying to buy cheap websites and later get my money back to run off with the digital goods (WTF??).

In the description he gave to PayPal, he told a lot of lies:
    "I was contacted by the buyer yesterday and was asked if I would buy the website and it's product back from him for $40.00 as he really needs the money.There was no mention of any of what he has stated.When I refused to give a refund due to the fact the purchased products, domain and site and content are digital (non tangible) products by nature and design.The next day, I get this PayPal dispute filed against me.By "new flat market designs" it refers to the ability to create or generate and optin program in today's slow or flat market or a new flat market which could be created.The buyer is clearly trying to get the product for free and abusing the PayPal dispute process to accomplish this.Again, his purchase was for 1 The domain: OptinMasterPack.com(Delivered and transfered).2. The optin HTML and PHP template package containing well over 100 HTML and PHP optin pages.(Delivered) All of which are digital products already delivered to the purchaser sometime ago.Any questions or issues, feel free to let me know.ThanksJohn"

Let me break it down:
    "...for $40.00 as he really needs the money." - I did ask to buy it back for $40,- dollars just to get it over with, I never stated that I need the money.
    "There was no mention of any of what he has stated." - There was, I contacted him earlier for clarification about the templates, but had not taken action upon it. I even stated that they look like they are designed 10 years ago, he reacted with "No, not 10 years, maybe 3 or so.".
    "When I refused to give a refund due to the fact the purchased products, domain and site and content are digital (non tangible) products by nature and design." - He never refused or even reacted to my question...
    "By 'new flat market designs' it refers to the ability to create or generate and optin program in today's slow or flat market or a new flat market which could be created." - A very farfetched explanation of the description!

Ultimately, the dispute got decided in his favor, but only because it was a digital product. PayPal did put a mark with his name, in case something like this happens again!

After the dispute was decided by PayPal, I also got this reaction from him:
    "Ok, the official investigation has been completed by both PayPal and MxMedia and has been determined that you are attempting to buy websites at $50.00 or less and then contacting the sellers about a week later to sell it back to them at $10.00 less than it was purchased for in an attempt to get the site content and files for an end price of $10.00 and possibly the domain (should paypal issue a refund).

That constitutes fraud and is highly questionable activity to say the least.
    When and if I deem appropriate, this may be reported Shaun here at Digital Point.

I have been working in this industry for about 15 years now. Your not the first to try that scam and I am sure won't be the last.

By the way, the phone conversation with PayPal went well.

Thanks
    John"

His reaction above is clearly a way for him to have me shut my mouth about this, but I won't... He can report me all he wants because I'm completely honest about everything. The only advantage he has, is that he's a premium member, and I'm not. But I don't think (and hope) that it would influence anything.

The fault I made with this transaction is that I scanned the website before the transaction (looked OK), believed the description and clicked the buy-now button. Delivery went well, but I didn't get what I thought I would...

UPDATE June 10, 2014: I just found out I only got PSD files for 1 of the 148 templates delivered! Unfortunately, PayPal still hides behind their "Digital Goods" rules...

Please beware of doing business with this seller and do your homework!

PS. If you want proof of the above, please see: https://medium.com/@gertwierbos/why-paypal-should-protect-buyers-of-digital-goods-cd92de906f38
    • Negative