1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bush to Receive First-ever International Medal of Peace

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GReddy4u, Dec 3, 2008.

I don't have anything nice to say so I won't say it :).

blog.christianitytoday.com — Dr. Rick Warren will present President George W. Bush with the first “International Medal of PEACE” from the Global PEACE Coalition in recognition of his unprecedented contribution to the fight against HIV/AIDS and other diseases during the Saddleback Civil Forum on Global Health, to be held at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. on World AIDS Day, Dec. 1.

“I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.” -George W. Bush

GReddy4u, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You couldn't make it up. :eek:

AGS, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  3. GReddy4u

GReddy4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    ron paul supporter, good job. ^^

GReddy4u, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  4. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    In other news, Hitler has recieved the international award for 'Most compassionate and thoughtful leader'.

ThraXed, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  5. GReddy4u

GReddy4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is all apart of his plan to act dumb and pretend he has done nothing wrong. He also has passed bills pardoning him from any war or torture crimes. Why would someone with a medal of "peace" need such bills passed if he has done nothing wrong?

GReddy4u, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  6. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The person who destroyed two countries and brought it to shambles literally gets a peace award???

Wait a minute........am I missing something here??:eek: or is the society conferring the same gone nuts....

RightMan, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  7. john14789

john14789 Peon

Best Answers:
    For what reason is Bush recieving this award? All he did was make war and put us in a recession.

john14789, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  8. GReddy4u

GReddy4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    He did much more harm than that ;]. I wouldn't place the entire blame for our current economic problems on him though. Congress, Treasury dept, etc are more responsible. Oh and the voters who keep voting the same idiots into office are as well.

GReddy4u, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  9. dolin88

dolin88 Banned

Best Answers:
    cool. no president can ever bring his nation into a country and assasinate an "evil guy" successfully and bush is the first person to have done it openly.

dolin88, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  10. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He didn't just kill the "evil guys". Both his sons were killed too, BONUS POINTS!

So Saddam lived to see his blood line severed, then was hanged himself. That's pretty cold :D

But in his own words:

''After all, this is the guy who tired to kill my dad.'' - George W. Bush, September 2002

GeorgeB., Dec 3, 2008 IP
  11. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    War is waged only to get Peace

But here.. war is waged to get Oil and not for Peace..

Bush is only the first and last one who is going to get this prize

Freewebspace, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  12. shawal

shawal Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that their are giving the wrong award...

shawal, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  13. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im really at a loss for words lol

pingpong123, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  14. shahzadhanif

shahzadhanif Peon

Best Answers:
    He deserve that medal of peace. LOL.....

shahzadhanif, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reports of Uday and Qusay Hussein's activities arent light reading. I'd been following stories about them before the war... the torture of Iraqs Olympic athletes that didnt bring home medals, murders the brothers were involved with that included beating people to death with a baseball bat, having people lowered alive into large woodchippers, etc.... They got less than honorable mention on prewar humanitarian websites that were trying to draw attention to the attrocities going on in Saddam's regime.

Those "sons" didnt leave a hole in the humanitarian fabric of the planet when they left. They shared their dear ole dad's sadistic joy for watching others helplessly suffer.

robjones, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  16. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    We had politicians lobbying for the west to cut ties with Saddam since 1993. Nobody listened, the USA and UK, and the rest of us continued to be his friend and continue giving his weapons despite knowing about his humanitarian foul play.

The USA didn't care, and still dosen't care about what Saddam did to his people, they just use that as an excuse now for their botched handling of Iraq's occupation.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So thraxed... elsewhere it's been suggested I was telling Muslims what they believe... are you now telling me what *I* believe? Just as not ALL Muslims are radical terrorist nutjobs... not all people in the US have the same beliefs with regard to foreign policy.

I mentioned following the Uday/Qusay follies before the war... and can provide witnesses from other forums to affirm that I was talking about the need to take them out *before* the US went to war with Iraq. Unless you are comfortable accepting personal responsibility for the actions of Islamic terrorists, you dont want to make the same error of overgeneralization when addressing Americans.

robjones, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  18. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    What the hell are you talking about? I was just putting some info out there, i didn't accuse you or anyone of anything. I think you took my post the wrong way lol.

ThraXed, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The following statement isn't "info"... it is an opinion generalizing about our collective motives and beliefs...
    Again... if you want to impose your personal poor opinion of US motives as if it were "info", be prepared for others to accept on the basis of their own opinion that all Muslims are terrorists. Two sides of the same opinionated coin. There is a huge difference between "opinion" and "info".

robjones, Dec 4, 2008 IP
  20. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read about all that stuff too. Real asshats those guys... They treated the country like their sadistic, psychopathic playground.

GeorgeB., Dec 4, 2008 IP