1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New CB Product - Unique Niche - 75% Commission

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Ripped, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    I seriously hope that will not be the case. I believe I went out of my way not to voice any threats, hostility, or defamation, and made my point in a very sound manner.

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  2. entropia

entropia Peon

Best Answers:
    Figured I might as well drop in here to speak my mind.

I think it's utterly fucking outrageous that you can consider selling something that was designed with the express intention of being free and easy-to-use.

The "this is for the average joe" argument is completely invalid. The places that offer this stuff for free download host comprehensive, easy-to-understand guides already, and have the relevant downloads all collected in a single cohesive bundle.

None of this is your work. You're profiting off people's ignorance. This is the equivalent of uploading notepad.exe and charging people £30 a pop for "extreme zero-hassle note-taking software", or promising people "unlimited downloads of free films and games" and sending them a link to ISOhunt once they pony up.

I've seen sleazy fucks like you do both of the above in the past.

See that last bit? That is not how it works. At all. What's going on here is that a piece of free software - one of the things users of the web absolutely champion - is being redistributed without authorisation and sold for profit. That's unforgivable.

No, it doesn't. None of it is copyrighted by Nintendo, otherwise it would be illegal to distribute at all. It requires Nintendo-copyrighted code to use - namely, an original The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game disc - but all of the distributed homebrew code is entirely written from scratch.

Not only is the homebrew scene being ripped off here, though - you're breaking GPL by charging for it, which is really bloody out-of-order.

Get fucked.

entropia, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  3. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good luck with your new CB product

peepin2me, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  4. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    The archive contains so-called "cIOS WADs". These are essentially repacked versions of Nintendo's system code, and thus copyrighted by Nintendo.

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  5. entropia

entropia Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, it contains cios files? I stand corrected.

Oddly enough, the fact that code written by Nintendo is being sold along with GPL software still doesn't make it at all forgivable.

entropia, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. drosera1

drosera1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you guys are so worked up! Remember all the wonderfully successful "waterfuel" products back in their 500 gravity point heydays in May/June? Well, they were all just the Hydrostar guide re-written. There is nothing wrong with re-writing and re-packaging a product, which is what he (Ripped) has done. Do you people own the Homebrew rights or something? Get off your high horses and take some chill pills guys! Lot`s of them! Affiliates will promote this if it sells, which it does.

drosera1, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  7. entropia

entropia Peon

Best Answers:
    On the contrary; there's everything wrong with it. It's a deceptive, unethical business practice, and in this particular instance, it's actually illegal.

I'm more than happy to run rampant with piracy (which is essentially the purpose of the product being sold here), but never, ever for profit.

entropia, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  8. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I have some good news, I'm going to post later screenshots from the feedback from some of our customers, so that you can be certain that this product works. Furthermore, If everything goes as planned, a video tutorial will be put guiding the user visually step by step what to do will be released by the end of the week.

And about these two-three fellas just don't get it, I decided not to waste my time with them, neither should the marketers here, because it's not worth it. They have their opinion, I have mine opinion. They are different. You have already expressed your opinion and we know your stance on this, but it has been enough no need to make more posts about it. This thread isn't made to argue, it's a marketing thread, about this product and it's affiliates, so this 2-3 guys need to stop going off-topic.

Cheers!

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  9. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    Again. In both the PDF and the archive you offer after you receive payment you are selling intellectual property - texts, images, and software - which itself states very clearly not to be sold by you, because it is owned by other people and corporations, namely a multitude of coders and graphic designers, Lightning UK and Nintendo.

One can not be any clearer than this. Please, if you could be so kind, what aspect about all this is "opinion"?

Oh, by the way, did I mention you are actually selling and distributing items I created and I never gave you permission to sell or redistribute? Does that help to clear things up?

You are very right. You should inform your affiliates about the illegality of the product, or you are dragging them in with you.

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  10. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    these 'gbatemp' people got me thinking... and i must admit Supper you are indeed breaking the GPL license by hosting the licensed files on your servers. You are basically profiting on the copyrighted software by selling access to it. the fact the software is a freeware doesn't make any difference since the freeware GPL license is still a copyright license.
    the only way around this is to give links to original sources in your guide instead of hosting the files on your server. i know this will make your customers think wtf, but only this way your guide stands a chance not to be deleted from clickbank if the copyright owners contact them.
    if you do this then all you're doing is basically providing the step by step guide for your customers which is also backed by your refund policy in case it doesn't work for them which is absolutely legal and has nothing to do with the GPL license of the softwares in question

seregap, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. entropia

entropia Peon

Best Answers:
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

It is, of course, my opinion - curse that fucking word and its proliferation among the proles of the web - that you're being utterly unjust and unfathomably underhanded in what you're doing. However, my opinion is backed by logic, fact and law. Yours is not.

You are despicable.

entropia, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  12. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyway, ClickBank accepts the product, we all trust of them and they are the only responsible.

shand0, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  13. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually that was "ONE" of my blogs, and it was filtered by a Blogger bot as "too many links pointed to one page." I have contacted blogspot, and have been assured it will be restored by the end of the day.

Sales are still going "well".

taraff1, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  14. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The efforts of this people to destroy this product and thread is actually backfiring on them.
    It was only 10 days ago when this product was published, and it was pretty anonymous.
    These guys started creating such a buzz for my 10 days old anonymous product.
    the huge buzz over this product, actually increased the interest and sales and traffic for this product.

There is a famous saying 'Any kind of publicity is good publicity'. So thanks for helping me out :)

I actually read about some marketers that deliberately create a buzz and bad publicity, in order to make their product stand out and make it popular, I guess I got that without even trying

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  15. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, by all means, enjoy your fame as a petty criminal. Seeing as you are entirely dependant on our works, and thus on our goodwill, your fifteen minutes are over as soon as you require any new versions of any of our software. We have been releasing our material in good faith, but clearly that is not an option anymore, and future versions will reflect that in a very prominent way.

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  16. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You just don't get it, I'm not gonna waste time explaining, because is not worthwhile. I would politely ask you to not ruin my thread, hate this product if you want, but don't starts fights in this forum, that's not what it is for.

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  17. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course not. How possibly could you, you do not have any arguments in your favor.

As for "ruining your thread", you are not seriously expecting me to let you steal my property and keep quiet about it, are you?

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  18. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I said, nothing is illegal nor stolen

Ripped, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  19. btone

btone Guest

Best Answers:
    Repeating that doesn't make it true.

You are distributing my material on your server for payment. You never asked me for any distribution or resale rights. Explain how this is not illegal or theft, please.

btone, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  20. scottysbody

scottysbody Active Member

Best Answers:
    3300+ views on this thread so far Ripped. That's a lot of affiliate eyes. I had a similar situation when I launched my energy product. There is no such thing as bad publicity. I see $1000 days in you future!

Scotty

scottysbody, Dec 2, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.