1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Increase PR?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GingerApple, Dec 1, 2008.

Hi,

I've got a new site, MotherloadKB.com, and was wondering the best way to raise its PR.

I've thought about directories, but do they really work?

Any other ideas appreciated to help my increase my PR :)

Thanks, Will :cool:

GingerApple, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Link exchange is still the best way.. I don't like the directory thing.. sure it helps, but google prefers sites above directories (there are too much links there so..)

Greetz

Aquarezz, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    PR is not SEO. This belongs in the Google forum with the other countless number of useless PR threads.

SearchBliss, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have to get high PR links. You can get them in many ways (free or paid).

dmi, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  5. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Start by adding more pages to your site and linking them back to the home page.

Then start a link program that uses every and all means to obtain links to your site.

And finally, if your url is www.MotherloadKB.com then why is the site a directory under http://www.appleyardscomputer.co.uk.

Then, there are so many outbound links on you site that should get the "nofollow" attrubute added to all links.

Since your site was copyrighted in 2007, and you have a gray bar for PR, maybe this should tell you something about the methods you have implemented.

catanich, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is hosted on appleyardscomputer, the domain is a forwarding domain, don't know if that changes anything. Thanks for the ideas ill look into link exchanges

GingerApple, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  7. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. that makes a difference for adsense too.. they won't promote your site as much .. as they will promote the original links more ;)
    Why don't you buy cheap hosting at hostgator or something for 0.01$ (see hostgator.ws for coupons) and than add it as main site

Will improve pagerank and SERP too ;)

Greetz

Aquarezz, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  8. rentacar

rentacar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a domain with 30 backlinks...and has Pr 4. I have other one with 300 backlinks in google, and have only Pr 3. Anyone have any idea why or how come google give PR ? Thanks

rentacar, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  9. SEOSUCKS

SEOSUCKS Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be due to number or visiters on the site.. Also it depends upon the content also.. Please check your PR3 site may have some duplicate content

SEOSUCKS, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  10. HowToMakeMyBlog.com

HowToMakeMyBlog.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It also depends on what sites link to you. So if only one PR7 site links to you or 30 PR1-3 sites, the PR7 link will count for much more. One of my blogs had PR3 for a fairly long period of time and by getting a link from BBC.co.uk, which has a very high authority, my blog increased from PR3 to PR5 in less than a months time.

HowToMakeMyBlog.com, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  11. SEOTherapy

SEOTherapy Banned

Best Answers:
    You should get as much backlinks as possible to your website. You can try writing press release and submitting it to PRWeb.com, and free press release sites.
    And then submit it to article directories.

SEOTherapy, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  12. www.affiliatewebinar.net

www.affiliatewebinar.net Peon

Best Answers:
    Find sites with high PR or some PR and start dropping links there.

13. JessieJames27

JessieJames27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do follow links - they are consider as link juice for your PR. Get tons of quality do follow links and just wait until the next update. :D

JessieJames27, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  14. hiretraffic

hiretraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to get good ranking for your website. Just do link building for your website. Through link building you can get good page rank. Just submit your site in do follow links.

hiretraffic, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  15. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    You can build quality back links from PR sites with relevant sites.

Bloomtools, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  16. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget what just about everyone else said. If you're serious about increasing your PageRank, read these:

Eric Ward's Link Building Master Class
    SEOmoz | A Linkbuilding Method So Effective I Can't Believe It's Not Blackhat
    SEOmoz | Ask Yourself... Do You Feel Lucky (about getting those links)? Well Do You?
    Get Seen The Easy Way: Simple, Practical Search Engine Promotion [Search Marketing]

And, if you're really going to be serious about Web development and search engine optimization, you should read this post over at SitePoint.com (where I'm an Advisor on the Design Team) - 1.5 Million USD - How to use it to obtain top 5 serp position for premium segment - SitePoint Forums

Dan Schulz, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  17. Hari Babu

Hari Babu Peon

Best Answers:
    Build Back links such as one way submissions, two way submissions, three way submission this helpful to boost up the page rank

Hari Babu, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  18. logosi

logosi Guest

Best Answers:
    As mentioned by many, building links is the best method, choosing to build links with sites that already have good PR is important. While any link (unless it's considered a bad site) is worthwhile, a link from an authority site can be worth a lot more in the PR department. One tried and proven method is posting quality comments in blogs, not spam comments, but comments of value, do that and overtime (it's never fast enough) will raise your PR.

logosi, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  19. Lloydblogger

Lloydblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can I ask? What is a directory bot?

Lloydblogger, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  20. logosi

logosi Guest

Best Answers:
    would imagine they are referring to a piece of software (bot) that will submit your site to multiple (thousands) of directories.

I don't use a bot for this, in fact I don't submit to directories, instead letting my blogs be found by google via the ping services, stumbles, and social bookmarking.

T

logosi, Dec 2, 2008 IP