1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Very Active and Young Forum- PR=2

Discussion in 'Sites' started by GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008.

Hello, I am looking to sell my very active gaming forum.

*Please note that this forum is only 3 months old and that most forums take 6-12 months to get as active as we are.

Here is what I am offering:
    Custom Coded Front page that can be filled with content.
    Domain- http://gamingsource.org *Currently a PR-2*
    vB License (Expires in August of 2009) so you get free updates. Also you get the complete forum.

Forum Stats: Threads: 2,597, Posts: 15,114, Members: 308
    The community here is great and very active and loyal. There is little to no drama. The discussions are filled with great gaming content. They will back the new owner 100%.

Here are screen shots of the stats for the 3 months we have been open:
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/AfTeRShOcK08/GamingSourceorgStats2.jpg
    http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/AfTeRShOcK08/GamingSourceorgStats.jpg

Price:
    I am asking for about $500 USD but feel free to offer any amount and I will be sure to consider. Payment will bevia PayPal but I will be using Escrow to make sure transaction goes smoothly.

If you would like any more information or you are interested in buying, please send me an offer via PM or reply here, the first offer at $700 or over will get the site immediately.

Regards,
    Sarge

GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  2. tiller2dapiller

tiller2dapiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Where did someone say it is valued over $1k? It isn't even close sorry, only 300 members, and only 10 online today...not very active. I'd start in the $90-120 range only because of the skin/vb license. I'd start it around there maybe. The skin may be custom, but doesn't look it either bud, very generic. Sorry bud :(

tiller2dapiller, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  3. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well in the US, which most of our members are from, we just came off a major holliday "Thanksgiving" and many are at work or school and so they come on during evenings. During work week we usually see anywhere from 15-25 users online in 1 day and during weekends anywhere from 20-40 in one day. Also please keep in mind we are only 3 months old and you are valuing my site at $120 but the vB license itself is worth $160, plus custom front page and template, also members is not all you look at, look at the internal statistics that I have screen shots of. Also the domain is great for any gaming web site with 2,500 incoming links and a PR-2 that was established in less than 2 months. Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with the value you gave my site, but thank you for your input.

GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  4. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Also would like to add that I said I was asking for $700 but if you feel the site is not worth that much I will consider any offer you place :)

Regards,
    Sarge

GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  5. Fadmin

Fadmin Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You have over priced this site really bad. Only 104 active out of 309. And also, you may want to let your members know that you are selling it instead of lying to them as seen in this thread:

gamingsource [dot] org/forum/f2/back-t2608.html

Fadmin, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  6. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you read my last post it says that is what I am looking for but I will consider any offers, is that hard to understand? Also as for lying to my members, I did not, I simply told them that I was not selling at that time and brought it back. Also for the inactive members thats a 3 members-1active member ratio, look at this forum, 229,043, Active Members: 61,084 thats nearly a 4member-1active member, so you call this forum inactive because of that?

Also you are looking at the forum itself, look at all that is being offered: Custom Frontpage, vb License, 308 members, 15,000+ posts, 2,500+ threads, that in its self is at least around $500 not including the domain that is PR 2 and 2,500 incoming links, and can be put to any gaming site because the name is so versatile.

GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  7. Fadmin

Fadmin Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Digital Point has nothing to do with your forum. I understand your asking price is $700, which is why I'm saying it is much too overpriced.

And by the way, why did you remove that thread?

Sorry, but I believe in fairness and equality in sales. This sale you are trying to do seems like you are stuffing in dollars to try and get more money out of someone who doesn't know whats going on.

Fadmin, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  8. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I was offered 800 Pounds (About $1200 USD) for the site originally, but due to personal problems the buyer was not able to come through, so I figured $700 was fair, but im guess its not, so I have lowered to about $500 but AGAIN i will consider any offer.

GSxSarge, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  9. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now offering the site for $400 USD.

GSxSarge, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  10. yogesh22

yogesh22 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    What is the source of income for this forum?

yogesh22, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  11. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    There is none, but ads can be easily put on the homepage and forum.

GSxSarge, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  12. tiller2dapiller

tiller2dapiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can I get this straight. I was about to place a bid. You are selling a forum with NO Ads/Income, only 100 or so active members, a VB License, and a crappy "custom skin." Just so you know, this is basically a turnkey site and should be sold without VB License at around $80 and with the VB License around $175 or so.

tiller2dapiller, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  13. GSxSarge

GSxSarge Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANY APPRAISALS IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED SIMPLY DO NOT REPLY OR JOIN MY SITE SAYING ITS OVER PRICED, ITS THAT SIMPLE.

GSxSarge, Dec 3, 2008 IP