1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ account VAT number?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by profusion, Nov 21, 2008.

In mu account I have from recent days:
    "Please edit your tax information to be eligible for payment.
    VAT Number "
    [​IMG]

I'm non-US non-US person, how should find that number?

I suppose they will not pay me my 1st cheque that I;m waiting without edit that info?

Thanks!

profusion, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  2. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may give a VAT number what you want.Or leave it.I regularly receive cheque from CJ.I am from Bangladesh. This vat specially for USA resident.Besides,if you are a citizen of UK or like this country,you must need to provide VAT information.

bdprem.com, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  3. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    There are 3 options below the box requesting a VAT number:

1. W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification and Certification (for US Persons)
    2. W-8BEN Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding (non-US persons)
    3. Certification Of No United States Activities (non-US persons)

If you are a US citizen it isn't a VAT number you enter... you would choose option 1 and fill in the taxpayer identification and certification.

If you are not based in the US, but have business activity in the US (You DO have US employees or equipment engaging in US activities for your Affiliate Marketing Programme) then you select option 2.

If you are not based in the US and have no US business activity (You DON’T have any US employees or equipment engaging in US activities for your Affiliate Marketing Programme) then select option 3.

I think a lot of people would choose option 3 if they were not in the USA... although it is a bit confusing when it comes to US activities:

The confusing part is about hosting... I don't own a hosting service but I have a site hosted on a US server. I pay a monthly fee but do not own the service as it is on a shared server. I do not own the equipment but the equipment is located in US. I remember in Adsense it clarified that if you simply hosted a website on a US server you could choose option 3 as you were a customer of a US based hosting service. However, CJ hasn't clarified this point and could be open to interpretation.

I suspect it is more complicated for people who own a dedicated server - even if they are paying a company to host the server as it appears they would have to choose option 2 rather than option 3. The reason being the server is a dedicated server to them and they technically own it - or would they still be classified as renting?

Ganceann, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  4. clickalot

clickalot Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same question as above (the highlighted post). Does anyone know about this?

clickalot, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  5. viptravis

viptravis Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks Ganceann. I have join cj. I am building my website these days.

viptravis, Feb 12, 2009 IP