1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weird Sales Fluctuations

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 2, 2008.

1. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus cant be considered an alternative to clickbank, far from it, i didnt checked it too much it looks like just a payment gateway and not an affiliate marketing platform with the normal stuff...

web_18designer, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  2. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be willing to bet that the top 5 affiliates/vendors on DP don't even come within the top 20% of affiliate/vendors on clickbank.

You seem to think that DP is the be all and end all as far as clickbank is concerned when in reality the majority of the big gun affiliates and marketers probably have never even posted here.

terryd, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  3. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dead on.... the real players have lists of millions and find no need to post in forums, other than one they might own...

Sem-Advance, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  4. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing to do with Plimus. I was approached by a publisher who was selling his forex product on there, he wanted me to be an affiliate, that is how I found out about it.

It is a payment gateway and it allows publishers to sell electronic products and it allows them to offer a % to affiliates and it tracks using cookies (which stay for a year, I think)

What "normal stuff" do you mean?

5. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    CB is still good since once you GET sales going ===> high exposure.

If they have glitches it ALWAYS affects affiliates, rarely publishers.....noticed that too?

GeorgR., Nov 28, 2008 IP
  6. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    See.. i only talked about the ones i can think of. I think such a group can kick start a new company..

jacky8, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  7. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've always been saying, that affiliates get screwed, but publishers not really...I mean they do, but that just means less money for them, because they don't lose anything, unless they are doing their own promotions.

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  8. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that group "would" have enough to kich start. However, I dont see those people giving us support in here:rolleyes: We cant force them or anyone can we;)

web_18designer, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  9. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ** I think you guys are nuts, but that's what this industry is about, thinking different. There was a thread floating around a while back with some enthusiasm, however nothing panned out.

For someone like me it would be hard to move all my products to a new network, trust me I've tried a lot of them as a pub, even CPA's, ALL have problems. If it's not tracking it's pixels not firing, it's shady TOS and T&C, to fraud/security, etc. Starting a network be it a digital one like CB or a CPA which requires nothing more technically then a canned network script like DirectTrack (which has probs).

The main factors to consider if you were trying to start up another network, which I wouldn't be opposed to however think it's quite risky:

* The system (be it in-house dev or canned like DT).
    * The executive team (no more than 4-5 execs to start, hopefully all are also well versed technically and marketing wise)
    * The Risk Management/Fraud software (No network can survive without them, and that's the main cause for CB's BS in my opinion).
    * The staff on hand to write checks/wires/mass pay on PP weekly while handling allowance/chargebacks/incremental fraud...
    * The support for new aff's and new pubs and their xxxx emails a day saying 'your tracking is broken - scam!'.
    * The trust among the executives all working virtually with who knows how many agendas.

There are new networks popping up all the time, most just use canned scripts and the problems they incurr are vast but mostly deal with being targeted as a new indy for fraud, not enough support from pubs or aff's, or just plain bad overall business handling.

I think there are quite a few capable and able bodies here, and people with some money, however I think it would be an insane risk for people to try to collaborate on something like this virtually without a real offline presence and business model.

Having said all that, if someone does decide to spearhead this, show me a good business plan and I might jump in head fir$t if it makes sense.

NC.

NCMedia, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  10. Axel1975

Axel1975 Banned

Best Answers:
    Not sure if I want to stab you or give you a kiss but DAMN. That is some nice work dude!

Axel1975, Nov 29, 2008 IP
  11. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    That's nice, but check out Commission Blueprint earnings screenshots ;)

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 30, 2008 IP
  12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since the publishers with high traffic/sales order volume are the first to most likely notice the down turn in the sales flux, wouldn't it be nice if they could warn us little affiliate peons so we can temporarily stop ppc expenditures and then tell us when to resume..Nice pr for the publishers and at the same time help the affiliates, hey we are all in this together...I think...:D

SoCalDude, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see Walmart telling Kmart their findings and sharing their data with them all the time.... :D I think however that while many are in this together... there is still friendly competition which would limit the amount of help any person is willing to divulge. I could think of where a large publisher could use such an idea to eliminate competitors.....1 extra sale is 1 extra sale in their pocket after all...

Sem-Advance, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  14. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    but think about it this this way. if a publisher sees an amount of no referral hops he knows exactly it's clickbank's problem since he hasn't promoted the product himself at all (while affiliates can only assume somethings going on). so a hint for his affiliates would do him more good than bad (even though he's still making money) as the affiliates could then pause their campaigns and get back to them once it's all sorted instead of dropping their campaigns completely because of all the money they lost and thinking the product doesn't convert.

seregap, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  15. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    People, everyone is talking about tracking problems but this is hardly the case. As a publisher of several products I can say that sales are down in general - its just customers are stopping on the checkout page.

Yes obviously tracking can have problems, but its just a small percentage and probably due to cookies being cleared etc - which dosent make such a big difference in revenues.

I like to reference this graph: http://www.cb-analytics.com/ all the time since my sales pretty much move with it as well - and its going downwards again!

web_18designer, Dec 1, 2008 IP
  16. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its been 4 or 5 days now, since emailing and not yet had a response - so don't know if the person emailed is on holiday or just not got it yet ! :confused:

DPwebtec123, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  17. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    I emailed them on Saturday about my sales fluctuations, and got a response yesterday (they don't work on weekend)....

To my surprise the email wasn't just two sentences telling me to check my hoplinks, but it was nicely organized, briefly explained letter.

Well, what Clickbank does is they blame the economy, and all the credit crunch, saying it's a bad period for all businesses and all that crap....I wonder what they would say, if this wasn't happening....

bl4ckmaN^, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  18. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Some products are declining ... less and less sales, however some are making their way up to 500 gravity or more..

If say ...a product has gravity of 200 that means at least 199 more affiliates made at least one sale, and that supposing you made one as well.

Am I right ?

Just making a question ..

evelinawilliams007, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, at least 199, but most likely a lot more than that as the amount added for each affiliate degrades slightly (from a start point of 1.0) on each day that that affiliate does not make a sale. Another important point is that gravity doesn't take into account how many sales each affiliate made. If an affiliate makes 100 sales in a day that's counted the same as one who made 1.

Also I'd be wary of putting too much stock in the gravity scores of a lot of make money online products as so many people buy those through their own affiliate links which artificially drives up the gravity.

Zibblu, Dec 3, 2008 IP
  20. demman

demman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its the recession I think.

demman, Dec 3, 2008 IP