1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got an error when submitting

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Reseg, Nov 24, 2008.

So after I clicked submit just now I got this page URL http://www.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/add.cgi

Which had this text:

Anyone else? I'm posting here cause even though it's been a couple of years since I submitted anything to DMOZ, I must assume they haven't changed and reporting it I'll never hear back ;). So, does one dare resubmit in this case, or assume it went through? Don't want to piss off the DMOZ Gods and submit twice and end up being banned forever with the police @ my house tomorrow.

Reseg, Nov 24, 2008 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I got errors before *shrug* I resubmitted. Though they didn't send the police to my house, but there was a horse's head on my bed the next evening, lol ;)

If you submit your site twice in a row, and it only happens like once, I hardly think you have much to fear.

Qryztufre, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a ridiculous statement. They don't use police anymore... they have in-house death squads.

robjones, Nov 27, 2008 IP
    Rebecca and bogart like this.
  4. makrhod

makrhod Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but fortunately they are required by law to wear special plumed hats and blow a trumpet , so we all have a chance to hide. ;)

But seriously folks ... if you suspect that your suggestion has not been processed by the AOL machinery, please repeat. Two or three repetitions will not be seen as spamming, because editors are all too aware of technical problems over which they have no control. (Sigh)

However, 10, 20 or 30 suggestions of the same site are very difficult to attribute to technical problems, even by the most generous volunteer, so such situations could certainly be regarded as spamming.

makrhod, Nov 29, 2008 IP