1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC - Landing Pages - Clickbank. My $2,000 Journey

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by PayPerClickbank, Feb 11, 2008.

1. youchy0

youchy0 Member

Best Answers:
    can you please specify what do you mean "Geo targeting"? do you mean separate campains to us and to the rest of the world or some other distribution?

youchy0, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  2. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:

Sounds like you are about to lose a BUNCH of money

mohms, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  3. Swerd

Swerd Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, please update us on how this campaign goes. :)

I think maybe you should read around these forums for a little longer and learn a bit more. Or start of with some free advertising methods while you learn the ropes.

Swerd, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  4. northwest

northwest Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting thread. I'm definitely watching!

northwest, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  5. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Another update for this week would be good:)

mikey1090, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  6. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    you got it.

LastPost: "The next pay period April 1-16, I'll have to shoot for $9k."

First of all I want to say I'm doing really good with my sales, and thank you everyone who is following along. Now for this bi-weekly goal of 9k that I have to reach this week is a little short. See if I don't get my sales to that point then that means I won't have the $500+ a day I need to spend so I can get to were I want. Fortunately I'm probably close to 6k for the bi-week, and it could be a good week but I'm going to have to work extra careful with budgeting. As for my budget I also have to use some of this capital for rent, bills and other living expenses. Which means a 6k check can easily end up to only 4k after all expenses. :( Yes, I forgot to calculate living expenses into my budget, silly mistake. No matter though, I will finish this goal with you guys, even if I have to suck it up and stretch my goal date out a bit.

Ok, in my last update I said I was going to try some budgeting, or I was going into "squeezing every penny out my campaign" mode. Overall what I did was implement GeoTargeting(Which means I put each campaign into a different country), Ad Schedule, and lower CPC. Remember when you put your campaigns into different countries you must use ad schedule for their time zone. I also messed with getting my quality score as high as possible. The only thing I did to my pages for improving quality score was add an aboutus, contactus, and privacy policy pages to my landingpages. The best advice I can give is to go the extra mile and give your main keywords their own adgroup, yes this will take more time, but you can watch it more closely.

Overall the results were So-So. I did manage to have a really splendid day last friday though. I only spent $84 dollars that day and it returned a whopping $359. Overall after fully tweaking my campaign, it seemed it was already tweaked pretty good but my spending went a good amount down. A ton of good came from this though, as I spent last sunday organizing my account, and adding tons more ads to test. I raised my overall campaign ctr by about 10%. With my budget still about the same as last bi-week, most of my stats are similar, and this is one of the main reasons I have been slacking on updates.

Also sorry If I havent got to any of your PMs lately, I've been really busy with all this, and I didn't have much news to report. Some of my campaigns can run up a 1k bill in no time, so i have to keep a close watch to my new campaigns. But I will get to them. My next update will be a good one, I swear. ;) I'll be posting some pictures for you guys as well.

By the way this thread gave me a good tickle: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=790613

poor gigadoo, but a prime example of bored CBers. :)

PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  7. youchy0

youchy0 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply about the Geo targeting. Two more questions:
    1. I assume that you set the countries to groups and you don't run 30 campaigns - how do you group them?

2. About the time zones do you test it first to see what is the best converting time or you just set it for the day time in the targeted countries?

youchy0, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  8. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:

I just do the top 2 or 3 countries Australia, Uk, Canada. I don't always split it up, it really Depends on if the campaign is one of my big spenders or not. I usually put US and Canada together because of the trademark rules.

I actually don't really check time zones, I turn the campaigns on for a couple of days and check my stats, then I run them in their best "sales" hours. You can usually find that 9-5 is the best time to run for most countries.

PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  9. youchy0

youchy0 Member

Best Answers:
    That was Fast!
    Thank A LOT.

youchy0, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  10. youchy0

youchy0 Member

Best Answers:
    1. I am trying to set it up but it seems that I cannot get the convertion data too. can you tell me how can I set it up? which parameters? I did a keyword report just to the converting keywords it that what you do?

2. I just want to understand why you have to do that. is it because you have a budget limit (so the ads stop showing at the "good" times) or you think you may earn more because you would get more immpressions in the converting times you set?

your help is very much appreciated
    Thanks

youchy0, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  11. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... there's still no pic of a check :)

Are you planning to show one...?

Game Producer, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  12. veneficuz

veneficuz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah Congrats, excellent thread, a little breath of fresh air compared to most the crap on the clickbank forum. Yeah If this goal has to go 2-3 more months, I'm not going to complain. Something else to look forward too. Yeah, Checks and stats aren't quality information, but it's fun to look at sometimes for motivation. (please people don't start threads for this reason, I hate threads that start with "How I made 1k in 5 minutes!")

veneficuz, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  13. Lemon116

Lemon116 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Thread - Continue with the Good Work...

Thanks! :)

Lemon116, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  14. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We're 10 days behind! Give us an update please! :)

mikey1090, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  15. nino2007

nino2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PayPerCB is in vacation, with a martini in his hands, enjoying the sun

nino2007, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  16. PayPerClickbank

PayPerClickbank Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Lemon, GL to you.

lol, not yet Nino. Of course I have to wait till I come out with my own "make money" product to show you guys a picture of me chilling on the beach. That way I can tell everyone that I make money on the beach just sitting on my ass drinking martinis. And obviously I have to photoshop myself infront of cherry-red lamborghini. But seriously I wish i was on vacation, because the last 2 weeks have been nothing but trouble. First Google decides to slap the $$it out of my campaign, then Clickbank is siding with some trademark extortionist company, and now I'm spending a lot more just to get my quality scores back. I know this doesn't give me an excuse to slow my updating down, but man I tell you when it rains it pours.

The last few days have been solid. With 3 consecutive days over $600 gross. with today being $742. Plus I have to say the 3 most consistent days I've ever had, and on a Saturday too!, just makes it even more crazy. Also to clear things up I've been spending $180-$250 a day. To top things off I even had a $600 day, which my friends i believe is a new record! At least something good is came out of a very crappy week overall. Hopefully things stay consistent, but we all know they never do. But hopefully they'll be close, and as long as Clickbank doesn't buckle under the pressure. Some "random" company doesn't like me on their keyword. Why does every company think they own their keyword and the internet. Am I wrong to think that?

Put that aside, I'm back on track, and ready to finally move on. Next week will be the start of the "economic stimulus checks". Do you guys think thats going to be a big impact? or does everyone already have that money already spent.

I believe at this point on, I'm going to work really hard to keep everything I'm working on now running smoothly. then I can move forward.

Lesson: Yes this really isn't a lesson, but It's all I had.
    OK, I seen an article on this site a couple of days ago. It stated this: Make 6k in 2 days. Assuming it was an obvious spam attempt, i checked it out. Too my surprise it was a blackhat method of redirecting "naughty sites" by using "Hot Search" keywords. For example today a lot of searches where for the Draft picks players. So you would setup a website that would redirect to I quote, "a milf site". which the payout was pretty decent. Now I was interested in this method, and I thought I might be able to turn this into a legal whitehat method, maybe putting some PayperAction landing page on these keywords. Or maybe some Opt-in emails. I'll see how this turns out in the coming weeks. If you didn't know, redirecting your landing page with adwords is a good way to get your account banned.

P.S. Thank you guys for the nice P.M.s.

PPCB

PayPerClickbank, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  17. ronaldec7

ronaldec7 Peon

Best Answers:
    A BUNCH of money. You are going to loss all your money. STOP
    get some info first. I suggest you read a great free e-book.

http://www.googlelady.com/guides/

Putting all your money in one campaign. All your keywords in one ad is not going to make any money.

ronaldec7, May 10, 2008 IP
  18. web_dev

web_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    any updates? just came here randomly.

web_dev, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  19. BigSexy

BigSexy Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wondering the same...reading PayperClickbank journey has been extremely motivating! :)

BigSexy, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  20. digitalplat4m

digitalplat4m Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd love to know where you are today with those campaigns as well. You there PPCB?

digitalplat4m, Nov 26, 2008 IP