1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats wrong with people?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheSyndicate, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Whats wrong with people?

Today I spent an hour helping the mods “banning” a person. I checked around when he offered his services. The person named seo-optimizer aka Forumpostermail aka timbor aka allsolutionpaypal and i am sure he has a few other alias on this forums.

He does not want to leave his paypal account since he banned before and people can ask for a refund from there. They can also report to paypal whats going on.

Avoid it

When people have no iTrader or a few, check them up look at their writing maybe its similar to a another post. If they give you a paypal search for it in the forum or else where.
    Check his website if he has any and off course who gave him the iTrader.

Spot him

So how did i spot this faker? Well first of all he gave himself an itrader for the same service he was selling. Then he refuse to use PayPal and a few people already "used" his service but did not leave any iTrader.
    The first thing this people do is to start comment in post about nothing like "good review" even if it says it sucked. Report them as spam and get them banned quickly before they reach high enough.

His game was to ask people for money and then pull out doing a profit $100 - 200 for doing nothing.

If any of the members been tricked by him, please send me your number on paypal and i will write email to them (i done it before) asking them to close down or monitor his paypal.

The hunting season is on let’s show this fraudster we mean business!

Happy Hunting :cool:

TheSyndicate, Nov 22, 2008 IP
    bangalore and ErnestHemingway like this.
  2. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good catch! We really need to teach these scammers a lesson!!
    I hope people come up and warn others. Itrader system is not 100% fool proof but still it is useful. So people do leave a negative itrade if you are scammed

kanwarjot, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  3. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    People do not want to give minus since they scared they get minus back. It is a big problem :(

4. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah!! I agree so what can be done about it? More over we don't even want a new thread being made everyday telling about scammers

Why not make a single thread and post all in it?

kanwarjot, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  5. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did that and it got closed :) i have also suggested that you need to buy a domain and use that to sign in. Sure you can waste another 8 bucks for a new domain but it will help to stop the frauds.

6. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    there will always be shady people out there thats life.

Just be upfront and dont care about being nice all the time

Be as precise as possible when dealing with freelance work

ErikJ, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  7. Ordinaryme

Ordinaryme Banned

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, its sheer luck, it's different to track people by their writing or language, of course they won't use the same contact id if they are banned earlier....we just need to be careful and always check if he is been itraded by reputed members, has a good reputation overall and is well settled in DP(which means he hasn't scammed before)

I know it's tough, but if we can just spot the tail of the mouse somehow, then i think we've got it :cool:

Ordinaryme, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  8. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thing you did, was the thing I did to :)
    The only thing was that mods didn't really care, so I said that.. and I got banned for a week...

But that's over now, if I read this :D
    Hope once, all scammers will be gone :)
    (Mission Impossible III)

Greetz

Aquarezz, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  9. ErnestHemingway

ErnestHemingway Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has been crazy recently Yellow lots of people trying this kinda stuff.
    It is a very good idea to Google the paypal email and sometimes if google doesnt shw up anything try yahoo..

ErnestHemingway, Nov 22, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.