1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Click Bank Diary (Forex Diary)

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sp33dr4ge, Nov 13, 2008.

1. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    For you SEO experts out there, I changed my tags and I am now getting organic hits again.

Basically what I am doing is complying with Google. I used their Google tools and used thier Google bot to crawl my page and tell me what the Google bot thinks my page is about, then I changed my Title, Tags and description to match just that.

I found that I was missing the following information at the start of my site when I lasted edited it. Perhaps not having this info wasn't allowing Google to crawl my site properly.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

Before hand, my site started with just then went right into the Title tag, keywords and description.

No idea if what I am even talking about was the problem, but I am just throwing it out there.

<head>

Now that I've added that back and used the first 10 words in which Google bot says my site is about to the the title, keywords and descritpion, it seems a bit more Google friendly.

Secondly, tomorrow I am paying to have a site map installed on the site (the right way with in xml format)

I suggest going into Google Analytics and using the webmaster tools and following all of their guidelines if you are shooting for SEO.

I am also rendering a a piece of my product that I am going to give out samples of, should have it done shortly.

sp33dr4ge, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  2. badar100

badar100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you joking? No seriously, are you?

badar100, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  3. easydolla

easydolla Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol why pay? Its so easy. Just use www.xml-sitemaps.com to generate one. Its free, and takes two seconds

easydolla, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  4. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest with you there are some specific things Google wants in a site map and rather than mess it up myself, I'll have it installed by someone who knows what they are doing.

I've already used the source you mentioned, an html version, however I want it in xml so that it updates automatically and after reading Google's site map requirements, its so involved with respect to what Google wants in a quality site map I just said the heck with it.

sp33dr4ge, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  5. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

1.Go to: www.xml-sitemaps.com
    2. Type in your site there
    3. Get the sitemap
    4. Upload the sitemap to Google Webmaster
    5. Google Webmaster will analyze the sitemap and tell you if there's something wrong with it.

It's simply ludicrous to pay someone to do this for you. It's just a sitemap it's simple, it's not rocket science

Ripped, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  6. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah don't pay somebody - go to xml sitemaps as suggested above. I use them all the time and they give you Google complaint sitemaps.

wicked9690, Nov 20, 2008 IP
  7. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    agree with the don't pay guys ... sitemaps are an important part of being a good SEOer, so the sooner you can do them yourself the better ... sites like the one above do all the google compliant stuff for you :)

antantnz, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  8. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

2 Sales today, one from PPC and one from article traffic. I finally started using TID's.

It seems as though there are a few hot keywords that convert selling Forex product, but they are very very expensive and if you don't have a good converting page, you get eaten alive. I am doing okay with my page as it's converting 1 in every 32 hops to a sale for fx autopilot out of a total of 400 hops so far.

The keywords I am bidding on are about $2.00 a click, maybe more.

When I get my keyword analysis down I'll expose them. It truly seems that this is cut throat in PPC and that every bit of tweak matters on your lead page b/c the margins are outrageous.

You better be able to convert or be a publisher to maintain a strong PPC campaign with the forex products.

From my experience up to this point with PPC, you will probably need a budget of $100-$200 daily to pull in $350-500 daily in sales.

PPC with Forex up to this point has been very close to break even.

On the Article Side

I've four more articles ready to go. Some are still pending, but they are getting out there.

On the SEO side

I've had days with 10 organic hits and days with 0 My problem is when I get 0 I keep thinking something is wrong and I change my page, the Titles, description ect..... Then I start getting hits again and it's too late b/c I've already changed it, so now I am just leaving it for 4-5 days to see what happens.

sp33dr4ge, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  9. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    you probably missed this most important seo aspect when you did your research - NEVER change you title tag after you are indexed in google and have some backlinks. when you do it you make google look at your page almost as a completely new one. and in many cases you may end up deep down in sandbox for weeks, wasting all your efforts to get the page indexed and showing up in serps.

in case you found some good keyword that converts for you after you had your page indexed, then just concentrate on getting backlinks with this keyword as the anchor text and emphasize the keyword in your content with <b>, <strong> and <u> tags. you don't essentially have to have the exact keyword in your title to rank for it as long as your title is at least somehow related to the keyword.

seregap, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  10. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:

I am not an SEO expert by any means, but I know enough to do so damage and can certainly educate myself to become a lot better.

You make some good points, I am just hoping I am not sand boxed for weeks. I've been in the sandbox before for months and right now I don't have months. I am still building back links and anchor texting my keywords as you mentioned. Only time will tell.

Any idea how many hits per day via organic would be considered a high level of achievement from a CB affiliate standpoint? My max is 10 in a day and that's when I changed everything. I could kick myself now because I am sure with some tweaking I could of doubled and tripled that in a matter of a few days.

sp33dr4ge, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  11. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    no idea mate. depends on how many searches your keywords are getting. ideally what you want to achieve is to be at the top in google for the keyword you think is converting. then you will be getting at least 60-70% of all the traffic there is for this keyword whatever the amount is.

but then again all depends on the competitiveness of the niche and the number of searches. one of my websites is #1 in google, is getting 80 hits per day and makes me at least 3-4 sales and i know that's all the traffic there is. on the other hand my other page is at the bottom of the first page and is getting at least 200 hits and still makes me the same in sales.

so there many factors to consider if you want to know how many hits you should aim for. hope this helps

seregap, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  12. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

3 Sales Yesterday for Forex Autopilot, 2 from PPC (the same keyword) and one from an article.

I am working on narrowing down whether these sales came from search in PPC or the content network. My next step is to seperate my search and content campaigns, however it's performing well so I am afraid to touch it at the moment.

Right now I am only targeting the US, now that I have an effective keyword I am considering opening up this campaign to other countries. For all you FX promoters out there, any idea on this? Should I stick with just the US or should I open my effective campaign to other countries?

My campaign continues to run today. I will keep you all posted.

Added Another Product

I recently began promoting "Six Figure Yearly" with a few articles and solo ads, I've done 3 sales with it so far, however I need to implement tracking. I know I made a few of those from one solo ad I bought at www.gotsafelist.com and the other 2 I am not sure if it was articles or from the solo ad I bought.

I am going to start posting screen shots of my CB account to show you my progress. This is literally me going from $0 to $xxxx in CB sales and notifying you of everything I do every step of the way.

Regards,

Tim

If you are not sure what solo ads are, I can explain. I built a massive business in the home business industry using solo ads to safelists.

sp33dr4ge, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  13. kristie

kristie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I am fairly new at this, so I am reading and learning and truly appreciate your being transparent about the process. Keep up the good work and appreciate your sense of "sharing."

kristie, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  14. digitalplat4m

digitalplat4m Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the posts. Very informative as well as motivational. I only made a little over $100 with Clickbank but after reading your posts, I think I'll have to put a little more effort into it.

digitalplat4m, Nov 26, 2008 IP
  15. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    Update:

So far I've narrowed it down to two really good campaigns that are based around "Forex Robots" and "MetaTrader Expert Advisors"

I've optimized my Google PPC campaign down to about 20 cents per click, anything higher and it's just not profitable.

I am only using content search now as regular search was just too expensive.

I've been averaging about 1 sale per day with PPC using the two campaigns listed above. I am spending about $25 to make a $50 sale.

The only way I see increasing this is to promote a FX product with a higher payout or finding other converting keywords, however the two above again are the only two I found to be consistent after 37 days of testing and nearly 1,000 hops now.

What should I do? I am thinking it's quite possible to sell 1 product per day per niche at about 20 cents per click in Google content PPC.

Now I am going to begin tackling World of Warcraft Gaming Guide and continue optimizing my FX campaigns. In the end I hope to have about 5-10 click bank products where I am selling 1 of each niche product per day at 20 cents per click in PPC where each product yields $30-$50 per sale.

sp33dr4ge, Dec 6, 2008 IP
  16. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    Forex is expensive, if you can get it profitable, fine, but anytime you hit that brick wall where it costs more to scale than to convert, back off a bit on your bids and stay profitable. Some profit per day beats a high volume of "breaking even" or losing money.

Ideastone, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  17. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: 2 Sales today from PPC Campaign "Forex Robots in content network

I am starting another campaign almost identical to this one now promoting the stock program. Basically all I am going to do is copy my site that's converting and replace the text with stock text and replace all my keywords that say "forex" to "stock"

We'll see how this works and I'll keep you posted. I am also beginning to promote a World Of Warcraft Product, and I am testing image ads with it, will keep you posted there.

Remember, my goal is to get each product to 1 sale per day then try to scale it up and ad other niches and products.

Right now I am pretty consistent at 1 sale of FX Autopilot per day, sometimes 2. I am happy with that for now, so we'll attack the penny stock CB product and try to duplicate this.

Regards,

Tim

sp33dr4ge, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  18. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good stuff Tim. Keep it up.

I gave the World of Warcraft a crack a while a go on PPC and I think broke even when it was all said and done. Hopefully you have better results with it than me.

wicked9690, Dec 8, 2008 IP
  19. sp33dr4ge

sp33dr4ge Peon

Best Answers:
    I am determined to get it. I told myself I'd get the forex niche to 2 sales daily and that's about where I am at now with an avg spend of $15-$20 to make 2 sales per day with FX autopilot.

Now for WOW I am testing image ads and banners along with some site targeting. I know I can profit with it once I tweak my campaigns down to about 20 cents per click in the content network.

The only problem with WOW is using "World Of Warcraft" text in your PPC ad text copy it's not allowed which makes it difficult for your ad to appear on WOW sites. That's the only challenge I am facing now... so for now I am analyzing competitors and looking at the ad copy they are using to see how they are getting their ads to appear across the content network.

So far I've found things like, "World Gold" "alliance leveling" "horde leveling" "Wotlk"

There's a lot more, but I am going to have to research this and test again to optimize.

sp33dr4ge, Dec 9, 2008 IP
  20. Ideastone

Ideastone Peon

Best Answers:
    I've done a little WoW work myself and here's a tip for you. Focus on the gold guides instead of leveling guides.The people who are going to buy the guides want a faster way to the money and cool lewt. Leveling is a grind no matter what and everyone knows it. A gold guide actually can help.

Ideastone, Dec 9, 2008 IP