1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Search Wiki effect search engine traffic?

Discussion in 'Google' started by dipen2711, Nov 21, 2008.

Is SearchWiki the end of SEO!!!!!

dipen2711, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  2. kingto0609

kingto0609 Peon

Best Answers:
    what is searchwiki?

kingto0609, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  3. seohyderabad

seohyderabad Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think so . it may effect rankings but we SEOs will find other ways to rank high

seohyderabad, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  4. jonbuoy

jonbuoy Peon

Best Answers:
    No it's not. It only allows users to personalise their own searches when logged into Google.

"Your rankings and comments are associated with your Google Account, so they affect only your search result rankings. A listing of your changes is visible on your 'SearchWiki notes' page, which is visible only to you."

Taken from www.google.co.uk/support/bin/answer.py?answer=115764

jonbuoy, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  5. skyslayer

skyslayer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey i dont get what you meant too, why do you sau that search wiki is the end ofseo, please explain

skyslayer, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  6. dipen2711

dipen2711 Peon

Best Answers:
    dipen2711, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  7. Highway Five

Highway Five Peon

Best Answers:
    Noticed this when searching this morning.

Will be a great tool for searchers as it allows you to place the sites you like at the top of the page. It like a bookmarking tool built into google. In the short term i can't see it effecting SEO as it is a personal tailored set of results. The really interesting thing is to see how it will feed into the SERPS results in the long term. Will the number of times a site it promoted to the front page effect its "natural" ranking within the SERPS? I can't see how as it would be open to so much false clicking in order to promote it.

For the site to be promoted in the wiki it will still need to be found. So it will need to appear in the natural rankings for that.

It seems more about bookmarking than search results....

In a odd way it could adversely effect PPC. If you have the results you want all the time then you will not be tempted to click through on the ads. Could google be biting the hand that feeds here........

The problem is with checking rankings - I will need to be logged out of my google account when search or I will be getting unnatural results.

Going to spend the morning playing and see what the result are.

Unethical SEO firms could use it to show client false results in screen grabs.

Apart from SEO bods and Geeks how many people stay logged into their google accounts all the time?

Highway Five, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  8. Z33M@N

Z33M@N Peon

Best Answers:
    So the user can choose the way they want results to appear for that particular search query? They can't change the results for everyone, and I doubt that it will have a huge impact. Google loves being in control so no user will have full control over the results ever, but it still scares me a bit ;)

I just think that this could change the SEO industry a bit, Damn hope not.

Z33M@N, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  9. ahmansoor

ahmansoor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not end of SEO at all though it can be end of Spammer in SEO. From SEO prospective nothing much will be changed at the moment.. but over a year or so Ranking reports will be 'obsolete' as google is concentrating more and more on customized results so ranking may vary heavily then. ROI, Targeted Traffic and Sale will be used as main parameters to measure the success of SEO.

ahmansoor, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  10. simonjohn

simonjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    but i cant make use of this search wiki even if am logged in.

simonjohn, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  11. omie

omie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whats your view on Google Search Wiki, a good move by Google or a bad move? Do you think Search Wiki will effect SEO or traffic?

You can read the official blog article posted by Google here

Google Search Wiki Official post

Any comment would be highly appreciated...

omie, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  12. bhavin

bhavin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

When you login google account then after you have access to move your site in top position and you can add comment. but when some one using without google login so they seems only natural result which we are doing.

Thanks

bhavin, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  13. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just noticed this too this morning..... I have been advising people about this type of stuff which only concreates the ideas that the only way to ensure great rankings is to have a great web site...... I'm sure this is only the beginning of new innovative search tools and changes.

clasione, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  14. www.rapidvectorseo.com

www.rapidvectorseo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO has been changed time to time. and will soon change but we can't say it will end till the end of the internet and web industry.

www.rapidvectorseo.com, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  15. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nahh I don't think it's the end of SEO. Not everyone will use such a service, in fact, I'm guessing most people won't.

crumblepie, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  16. spuby

spuby Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't show for me, must be something not propagated to all countries yet. It won't be the end of seo, because it will never be added to the main search option (without being logged-in). Plus, who has the time to particularize every search result they make? I usually just want to find something fast, if I don't I search for something else.

spuby, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  17. livesol

livesol Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thing, good thing, good thing.

I've always valued writing for people, rather than search engines. Now, in order to get people to stick on your site, you'll HAVE to write for them. Forget keyword density, if what you're writing is utter tripe, then you won't get anything from it!

livesol, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  18. SEOibiza

SEOibiza Peon

Best Answers:
    all the time web designers keep making poorly SEO'd sites, there will be a need for SEO, and I cant see every one of them learning it all of a sudden, can you?

SEOibiza, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  19. kpatelseo

kpatelseo Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Industry is now not limited to On Page / Off Page optimization. You have to start thinking beyond this. Optimize site for search engine only is not inuff. As people started blog search, Bookmarking search, etc.

kpatelseo, Nov 21, 2008 IP
  20. bhavin

bhavin Peon

Best Answers:
    See, SEO Is one going process you need to implement new techniques and new thing for your site. We can do same techniques which we are using before 2-3 years back. But think is now we need to implement new techniques.

Thanks,

bhavin, Nov 21, 2008 IP