1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank itself admits problems in tracking sales

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by kom, Nov 15, 2008.

1. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made the lowest sales this week compare to the rest of the weeks in the last one year...clickbank does not seem to be genuine on this...there is a big issue in their system

zk5182, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  2. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:

i've had the highest sales this past week compared to the entire past year - it can go both ways - just keep working hard, complaining on a forum will not generate more sales for you.

LTY83, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  3. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    same here. sales this week have been way above expectations. just keep at it!

hell if your having trouble, don't open any negative clickbank thread, it will just add doubt and make you stop working on promoting clickbank products, which will of course lower your sales.

eikliw, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  4. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

People, lets just take it with symphaty when someone complain that his sales are way down. And be grateful when our sales are good - if this is the case.

Not because today we have a record sales day/week we are going to trust our life with clickbank - in fact it dosent take much for our sales to just drop again and we are in the shit instead.

I see lot of people complaining about clickbank and then the next day when their sales are ok they just say how great clickbank - like if it never had/have any problems and its always the faulth of the one complaining.

Apart from the talkings, the graph at: http://www.cb-analytics.com/ shows that the overall gravity stopped going up, add the tracking problem reported by clickbank itself and its obvious that last week less sales were made.

Maybe some people were not affected (or affected positively) but it dosent mean that sales were up in general.

web_18designer, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  5. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    dude.....:rolleyes:

it's not being unsympathetic to those that are worried about sales. it's trying to have positive thinking. In my personal experience, I was worried about clickbank problems, so I slacked off promoting clickbank products. Then when your not working on it, and your sales go down, it doesn't help your confidence in clickbank. But this is what I do for a living, and I have bills to pay with this money, so I had a strong necessity to work harder. When I worked harder, my results reflected my increased effort. I'm not praising or slandering clickbank at all, just sharing my personal experience of the situation at hand. I'd rather work a bit more, and not come here looking for reasons to doubt my work, but look for positivity that some people are still doing good. Without that, why would we do what we do? We want to know that others are succeeding at what we're doing and we're not just running in circles.

All I'm trying to say is keep the hope alive:D

eikliw, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  6. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep I agree with you 100%. But since tracking results is part of this business. It is of vital importance that when thers something wrong we share so everyone know - so that we dont think that we screwed up something ourselves;)

web_18designer, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  7. Dlocks

Dlocks Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of people are talking about this. It is weird you did not notice this :rolleyes:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1105668
    http://www.clickbanksuccessforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8334
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/27654-check-your-affiliate-link-if-you-promoting-strip-fat.html
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/27846-response-strip-fat-thread-please-read.html
    http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/27798-affiliate-none-can-cookie-stuffing-answer.html

Dlocks, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  8. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, now that you mention it, some people in the warrior forum (including some whom I know to be very experienced and whom I take to be genuine experts on this subject) are saying that Clickbank has had affiliate tracking problems on and off for some months.

"PayDotCom here I come", as mentioned above, does sound about right.

And yes, it certainly makes you want to be a publisher rather than an affiliate.

alexa_s, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  9. goldenpeacock

goldenpeacock Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow looks like I stumbled into an intense thread. Anywho, I think everyone is aware that the economy is suffering but what concerns me as a newcomer to CB is the implication that they don't keep their members up to date when they are experiencing issues. Man you just don't mess with peoples money. I guess I would expect a higher code of ethic and hope that I do experience that.

goldenpeacock, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  10. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    I sent in the IP addresses of the people who I "thought" I had sales from (obtained from my tracking software) to Clickbank almost two weeks ago. Still no reply, they said their tech support is working on it.

My tracking software is pretty accurate, so I will see if CB says whether there is an affiliate attached to those sales or not. If no affiliate, there is something wrong with CB. If there is the same affilate tagged to all my sales, then obviously I have a cookie stuffer or parasite stealing my sales.

I think this is what you people need to start doing (installing a good tracking software to monitor your sales) instead of creating threads and posts with "I used to have 1 sale a day for months and now nothing" because that doesn't prove anything. You need to prove to CB why you think you should have more sales instead of just saying you had a good month last month but why nothing this month?

Numbers are what CB needs, not useless hear-say information.

Spliffic, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  11. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Uau, tell me 3 reasons why i should invest my time and money doing what CB is supposed to do :rolleyes:

scubita, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  12. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    You're telling me that you are in affiliate marketing and you don't do any sort of conversion tracking and that you 100% trust CB? Good on ya bro if you do but I certainly don't. :confused:

It's only time as there is free software out there, but I guess time is money :p

13. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    I just asked for 3 reasons why i should invest my time and money doing what CB is supposed to do. Get my point? I do my tracking, but no one is going to take me seriously just because i track my data and i have issues with spammers/cookie stuffers. Just ask fellows who did it, ask them if CB did anything. Besides, CB has problems and they need to solve those problems. Tracking problems that is. They have problems, not we. They need to track data seriously, not we.

scubita, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  14. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    You got a point, its clickbank problem and they have/can solve it not us.

However, they are playing with our money, if we dont bother to try to find out when the money rightly owned to us get missing who will? clickbank will not for sure. At least whenever thers a missing sale we will know, and not just leave it in clickbank hands.

Its our money, if we dont bother to try to do something noone will.

web_18designer, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  15. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    LoL "Get my point?" Uhh okay big shooter thanks for giving us a summary of your CB expectations, I had no idea that we should expect CB to accurately log and report affiliate commissions? :rolleyes:

Oh and just give me a few more minutes to write you a compelling list of reasons why you should install tracking software to track your commissions. Would you like it FedEx'd? :rolleyes:

Maybe we should start wishing that CB can get their problems fixed, maybe that will help them rectify things. Good to see your proactive approach on this. Again LoL @ write you 3 reasons...

Or maybe us affiliates should send dozens of mails to CB to tell them that "Last month I had sales, but this month I have nothing. I am positive that it is a problem with your tracking, can you fix it please" or "My sales have dropped since Aug, and there is no reason why it should be lower as my number of hops and traffic is the same, so it is your problem". I'm sure CB will get right on those types of emails.

What I am saying is that at least I have some hard evidence that there is a problem as I can provide timestamps and IP addresses of every click that comes through my site, goes to theirs, and buys the product. Giving specifics gives them less chance to provide me with a bullshit answer. Writing a mail with nothing but "my sales are down" warrants a bot response.

I'm not telling everyone to go and install tracking software and do this, but people should be taking a more proactive approach instead of just bitching about their sales in a forum.

16. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Is their any good tracking software that you suggest that we use?;)

web_18designer, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  17. Spliffic

Spliffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man, I use Prosper202. It's free, it's actually very easy to setup. They got a forum as well that is well supported.

It's pretty interesting to see what sales have been missed etc. When I say "missed", I mean that I log the time the user (IP) clicks on my affiliate link to the CB merchant page, and then I also log the time that same user sees the thank you page. If you see this all happening all within a 2-3 minute period, you can be certain that this should be your sale. If the time gap between leaving my site and the person buying was say over 10 minutes, then yes you could accept that the user bounced and went to another affiliate's site to buy the product etc.

I have seen this happen dozens of times since installing tracking software, so I have put all my PPC campaigns on hold until this gets resolved. I hopefully should receive a reply from CB soon. Before all of this, I relied on Google's conversion tracking which sucks, and hence all my stupid posts that butthead mentioned in his above post. But anyways, food for thought on the tracking, hope it helps.

18. celato

celato Peon

Best Answers:
    He might be acting like a complete asshat but he has a good point. The economy sucks right now. As a result people will buy less and save more. I'm not saying Clickbank isn't having issues, but that isn't the only contributing factor.

As for PayDotCom good luck getting paid. You realize that you trust the Vendor to pay you for your sales right? I've got 100 stories of affiliates never being paid or only being paid a small amount. Good luck with PayDotCom those guys are amateurs.

Celato

celato, Nov 22, 2008 IP
  19. true_promote

true_promote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But I think that stats of clickbank are wrong these days.i have a much more optimised review page but still I dont get any sales for the past 10 days, so there might be a problem of clickbank becase my un-optimised page used to get around 1 sale per day but since the past 10 days I have not been getting any sales at all!
    I am thinking now to install Prosper202 on my sites for tracking the actual sales!

true_promote, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  20. CARNANO

CARNANO Member

Best Answers:
    I think you could just make your buy button on your site redirect through another page on your domain to the clickbank order page? Then you could just see how many people are hitting the buy button in your domain stats?? This would give you good info! If you have 100 people hitting your buy button and only 2 sales something would be very fishy.

CARNANO, Nov 29, 2008 IP