1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating an Adsense Empire?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Ryan6, Nov 16, 2008.

I am aware that there are many well educated Adsense earners around the DigitalPoint forums and so I am hopefully in the right place to find some answers to a few queries that I have on the great contextual programs' possible long term capabilities. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I have dabbled mainly with Affiliate Programs in the past but have decided to create a complete website around the Adsense program itself. The site will provide Guides, Tips and Tutorials covering a great array of subjects. I am looking to create a kindof no-frills layout concentrating only on content, with 3 Google Ad-placements... This will include 1 (728x15) Adlink at the very top of the page and also another at the very bottom of the page, both blended in well to the colour/theme of the layout. There will also be a (120x600) TextAd placement to the right of the actual content, which seems to be quite common these days but looks quite effective non the less.

I am certainly not trying to create one of these Spam MFA sites with plenty of Ads and a simple paragraph of text, in fact the whole point of each article is to be as content Rich as possible which would hopefully allow each article in time to receive a great ranking on a specific Keyword search. The long term ambition is to create as many articles as I possibly can, with an eye on an eventual Adsense Empire.

I have a real crappy F/T job working nights at a hotel whereby I can spend around 5 or 6 hrs in the back office on the internet working on my site. I know that it can take years of hard work and effort to even begin receiving decent traffic and clickthroughs but I am willing to spend all my time pursuing the dream, willing to put all eggs in one basket for sure.

Here are a few questions anyway...

1) Is it ok that I am covering a great range of subjects with no particular field? I have seen that many webmasters set up multiple websites, each with a specific field i.e Gaming, Sports etc. Ideally, I would like to just have the 1 website as I would not have the time to move from site to site. Via the 1 site, I would hope that any specific article would rank well for a particular keyword search based on it's content but would I have a good chance of this with the website covering pretty much every topic under the sun?

2) Is it a good idea to target each article for uncompetitive Keyword phrases? I went on the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to see what specific searchs have been made in the UK and I looked at phrases that have little competition and below say 500 average monthly searchs. Is this a good idea?

3) Would you compile 1 article per day or more? I can imagine it taking years and years before you would manage to create a 1000 or so pages which is the long term ambition.

4) How much time should you spend link building for back links on articles sites/forums? I am fairly new to the scene and so imagine that this is quite important with an eye on building a great page rank with Google. Also if you had a great page rank in the future, how much would companies pay to Advertsise their links?

5) Finally, any specific tips... i.e using Adwords with the intention of earning slight profits via clickthroughs?

Sorry for the long winded rant, any help would be greatly appreciated with thanks.

Ryan6, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  2. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Humm....

I would go for a general site any day, here's a few reasons why:
    1) You don't run out of topics
    2) You write what you want to
    3) Long tail keywords can rank anyway so why bother to create something very specific :)

Am not a master of anything, rather a jack or all trades, so a general site is good for me, but if you are good on a topic that you want to write on, then going for that niche will be a good idea.

actually, if you go for a 336*280 rectangle on the top of your article page, surrounded by the content of the article, well blended, it will help a lot.

as mentioned earlier, i would go for a general site any day. Later when you find some good niches [less competition/more searches/more advertiers] then try that too. But your primary site should be a general one that can be taken to great heights...

To start with, its a great idea. Go for the long tails... and as low competition as possible, as your site gains authority in the search engines, start writing articles on competitive keywords too and see if you are ranking for those. Do more research and you will find some high searches keywords that has very low competition.

In the first 6 - 8 months there is this, "sandbox" problem. so if you want to escape the google sandbox, [and if you ask me, you should] then i suggest you to go for the really low competitive [no shopping/commercial keywords] and post some 2-3 articles a week, or may be less. Let the blog/site age, and then start increasing your posting freequency. When your blog is one year old, then you should be posting like 5-10 articles a day!
    [Sandbox: hard to explain... lets say its a jail where new sites are kept that grows fast, away from serps for a specific time, may be a year... The point is grow slow for the first 6+ months!]

Just do a few social bookmarkings for your article pages. Find niche social bookmarking sites for your niche articles, and do digg/propeller etc in general and everything will be fine.

that's called arbitrage and its not allowed, can get you banned... so don't even think about it!

You are welcome :)
    cheers,
    uttoransen!

uttoransen, Nov 16, 2008 IP
    tradeya likes this.
  3. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Wrong !!

It's not the amount of content that's put in. It's mainly inclined towards the link building strategy. Once again a lot of factors in there.

If you search around, you'll see tons of bloggers posting more than 5 - 10 blog posts a day on their new blogs and doing just great.

Matt Cutts had this to say :
    http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/002809.html

There are some things in the algorithm that may be perceived as a sandbox that doesn't apply to all industries. He knows it works to keep some spam out.

They want to keep the spam out. If you put good content day in and day out, google loves it :)
    and here's what David has to say :
    http://www.searchengineguide.com/david-wallace/how-to-play-in-googles-sandbox.php

Search for Amit on this forum and case study his blog.

All success,
    /G

Kontent.solutions, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  4. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Uttoransen:

Thankyou for the great feedback there and I am pleased that you recommended creating a website covering all general topics.

I just wonder how long it would take to reach a point from scratch where I could be hitting £30.00 (44$) per day. I guess that's my first big target.

Cheers.

Ryan6, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  5. andyj00

andyj00 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That all depends on your niche (some pay more, some pay less) and Adsense placement but above all, your traffic.
    If you are in a low paying niche you may need 1000's of UV's a day to turn a good profit. This traffic could take some time to build up. On the other hand if you go for high paying keywords then its harder to build traffic as there is far more competition.
    I'd go for a mid paying niche as you stand a change of getting something within 3 or 4 months.
    It wont happen quick, so be patient...:). Stick with it and the rewards are there to be had.

andyj00, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  6. config_error

config_error Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    all is correct..and so building an empire takes time. as the famous saying says' "Rome wasn't built in a day" so an adsense empire is.. :D

config_error, Nov 16, 2008 IP
    Kontent.solutions likes this.
  7. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:

Kontent.solutions, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  8. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    NO! YOU WRONG
    Sandbox comes into play when you start ranking good for some commercial keywords with new site/blogs! Most new bloggers write about random non-keyword competitive articles, so its ok for them. but that way you only get 2 cents a click :eek:

[You can get into sandbox without link building!]

If you write 10 articles a day on commercial or even general niches which are competitive and start ranking for the keywords on serps then you will see the sandbox coming.

i have 100's of sites myself, many are in sandbox and many are out of it, many went good without even hitting sandbox. So i don't need to read what you are asking for, Though what he said there is exactly what i have written, it dosenot applies to all industries.... sandbox is for mainly commercial terms, but i have seen general competitive terms also causes sandbox!

uttoransen, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  9. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wise words there my friend. Thanks for all the great feedback everyone, much appreciated.

Ryan6, Nov 19, 2008 IP