1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

YouTube.md

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by rdavid, Nov 10, 2008.

1. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lol..see his :rolleyes:
    Anyway surely he can read what you all just said.
    The best bet for OP would be to get this domain optimize for youtube and then park it and gain from parking money. Sell it asap if you get an offer.
    Thats all.

wptheme, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    ah well that icons sometimes also indicated that he is smarter than other :eek: lol anyway your idea is kind of similar to mine , he should park it and sell it asap on the first offer or look for trademark domain buyers, there are some of those type out there :p

gafadi, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  3. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is Google's property and i think this domain going to face some serious copyrights issues.
    Its useless to buy trademark domains really.

Oranges, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. ferdousx

ferdousx Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you people are saying. Its all abt the "youtube" . But does having a website named youtube made them legal to have all "youtube.anything"? If yes how could the domain registry let people buy it! Isn't it like, 'well, you can buy it, but you cant have it'?

ferdousx, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  5. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    basically yes and more if the word is "not generic" term such as Youtube its not a generic term and its owned by Google.crop , sounds stupid but yes , there are youtube.anyextensions but you can register them but if anything is made in that that is similar to the original site or if they feel like suing it , yes they can do so .

You may not know the word "Realtor" is a dictionary word but yet not a term you would like to use to make a real state site because the word is was not a generic word before but a realtor group made it go into dictionary and now they own it , if you make a site asiarealtor.com , nyrealtor.com , they can sue you because they have trademark for the word realtor and they basically own it

and preety much same for words such as google , yahoo , msn , sleepys, bestbuy , circuitcity , citybank , macys , and a long list , because they have the trademark of the name and if you have a business or something with same name they can give a push to get rid of it

for ex : there was this cafe called Tom Starbucks or something like that , the owners last name was Starbucks but Starbucks ( the big coffee dudes ) they sued him because he had similar name of the cafe ( which sells coffee and was hurting starbucks business :confused:) and he had to drop the name and pay fine :( and there is much more about trademark and all just google it my friend

gafadi, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  6. ferdousx

ferdousx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, thats horrible. I guess internic should have a database of this type of domains and stop the registration when someone try to register them. For example i know a lot of ctld where yahoo is not registered. So what, nobody can register them! Thats also a waste of domain name where good names are really scarce.

ferdousx, Nov 13, 2008 IP
  7. nabaraz

nabaraz Guest

Best Answers:
    $0 Trademarked Domains!

nabaraz, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  8. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is no such thing as a database of all trademarks. You can check federal registrations in the US, but there is no such database for common law trademarks. Then there are trademarks in other countries. There are "famous" trademarks which have much broader protection, and there are regular trademarks that are class specific. For example, "Apple" is a trademark, but you could register "myapple.com" if the site was about something completely unrelated to the apple corporate business. A good trademark search will run several hundred dollars and still isn't a guarantee. A registrar cannot be expected to check every domain for a $10 registration fee. It is your responsibility. 99% of the time, people register a trademark because of the goodwill established by a trademark. If you are registering a domain because of a famous mark (like youtube, webmd, microsoft, etc) you are likely putting yourself at risk for being sued for infringement.

mjewel, Nov 14, 2008 IP
    Magawr likes this.
  9. gafadi

gafadi Peon

Best Answers:
    oh well there is not such thing as database of it i think but there are resources where you can check and yes you can register those domain but its trademarked so it wont sell easily or wont sell :(

gafadi, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  10. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    It is my first time to see a domain with .md extension.
    The site can't be open , is it true or not ?

justinlorder, Nov 14, 2008 IP
  11. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally with you ferdousx, a simple yet smart idea like this would make life easier not only for the trademark owners but also for domaineers and webmasters alike. It would prevent 'conflict of interest' issues going to court thus preventing possible law suites arising. It would also prevent a domaineer or webmaster wasting money to reg, develop and promote such names, as they could not acquire them in the first place. Life would be a lot easier for the trademark/copyright owners who invest heavily to protect their commercial interests, for they would reside in the knowledge that they would not need to purchase their domain name from all the ccTLD's that come into existence. They would also know that their domain/brand could not fall into the hands of their competitors and cyber squatters who try to make a buck or two from their hard earned reputation.

ROOFIS:cool:

ROOFIS, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  12. EV-DO

EV-DO Banned

Best Answers:
    Copyright issues but their may be people who may still buy this but you wont get much for it say double of reg fee.

Thanks

EV-DO, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  13. nasindo

nasindo Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's the best idea !

nasindo, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  14. youngboy222

youngboy222 Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah some doctor might be interested in it ;D

youngboy222, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  15. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    By all means believe that you have the legal and official rights just as much as you please, I just hope with this belief, no matter how much it is false, that you have enough funds behind you to risk getting yourself sued for potentially, many tens of thousands of dollars.

For a piddling few dollars that you see from this venture, riding on the back of an almighty great big companies name and business reputation, are you really and I mean honestly thinking that this is a very real financial risk, worth taking?! :eek:

Blimey mate, either you've got balls of steel or you are even more stupid than you in fact even realise.

So, assuming that you think that this site is going to do well in Google, who actually own Youtube, how well do you think Google are going to rank your site in their own search engine, whilst cybersquatting their domain name? :rolleyes:

Please read my blog for further information on registering any kind of domain names which are trademarked, there you will receive clear advice and guidance on the pitfalls associated with this perfectly useless activity, thinking that you are going to hit it big, by using someone elses good reputation and business / company name.

If you think this message is harsh, or I'm not tickling your ears as you may want, consider this: It's better to read this advice on a forum discussion thread rather than getting sued for everything that you own, or, if you don't have much in life anyway, getting sued and finding out that later on, you owe a debt to a major corporation for $100,000 and quite possibly a lot more, which could very easily, finish you for life.

Is that really, a risk worth taking?

It's like teasing a very vicious dog and thinking, it's ok, there's no way I am going to be bitten, when suddenly the dog bites and you go crying telling all about your woes and how this company that you were in effect trying to rip off, afterwards came after you for major damages.

In effect you are setting yourself up for failure, waving a red flag at a very angry bull and saying, "Oi, I'm over here, come and get me if you dare', in a nutshell, you are asking by posting this very thread up here, for trouble.

You just do not register, FULL STOP trademarked domain names.

Read my blog for further information or get the points in this thread to sink into your mind, so that you know, next time.

Hopefully, I'm helping you to save your own ass here! (Not that I'll get any thanks for it, of course) ;)

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1088058&highlight=trademark+domains

Best wishes!

Mark

Magawr, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  16. Dr Googler

Dr Googler Banned

Best Answers:
    donate it to youtube,other wise get a good lawyer to protect you. youtube might use it for good "doctors" :)

Dr Googler, Nov 16, 2008 IP