1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Diary

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bl4ckmaN^, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Hastings

Hastings Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm bummed dudes, I spent a solid 18+ hours working on a new eBook and website for a CB product, and it got denied... Now I have nothing to do with it, can't even give it out free or sell it elsewhere because they've demanded I drop the domain, book, website and everything because it has their name in it.

Hastings, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    There's plenty of things you can do with it....

Rework it and sell it via PayPal. Or give it away to help build a list. Promote it with master resell rights, or make it rebrandable and sell it for cheap.

Don't give up on it just yet because one place stops you

UltimateFreebies, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  3. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can also sell it through paydotcom

emon878, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. Hastings

Hastings Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if I've been demanded not to sell it and to remove any name, images, or references to clickbank, what's left? Their reason for not accepting it was because "products of its type have a high refund rate", when I can guarantee that no other products are anything like mine. It's basically a *practical* guide to setting up a ClickBank affiliate site, without any claims of making thousands a day and all that other nonsense... But because it has to do with earnings on ClickBank, they've considered it a stereotype. Just kind of ridiculous, although maybe I'm just angry that so much time has gone to what is now practically nothing.

Hastings, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  5. wicked9690

wicked9690 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a product kicked back by ClickBank but I just put it on PayDotCom instead..just gotta roll with the punches and make lemonade from lemons..or something

wicked9690, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  6. SinkingCities

SinkingCities Peon

Best Answers:
    UltimateFreebies - is article writing your #1 way to promote a clickbank product?

SinkingCities, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  7. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing happened to me back in January 08. I spent long hours creating my ebook and website from scratch, and then Clickbank fcuked up everything in one day saying: NO!

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  8. mynameisdi

mynameisdi Banned

Best Answers:
    Got my first PPC sales overnight with www.monkeysmoney.com

245 hits = 5 sales! Awesome.

I guess the crisis is really getting to people.

mynameisdi, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  9. antantnz

antantnz Member

Best Answers:
    great thread guys ... good to see that others experiences the ups and downs too ...

well, actually its not that good, wish they were all ups .... hmmmmm

antantnz, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  10. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Quite impressing, that you are getting such quick sales in that niche using PPC....What's "the secret"? :D

11. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like the "secret" is that he is promoting his own product (check his Signiture).....

Sometimes when the product is your own sales flowing extremly well even when they dont, you know what i mean?;)

web_18designer, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  12. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    It definitely is my in top ways to promote CB products :) I mention a few others in my article marketing guide (which I plan on updating in the next few week - Adding TONS of more free techniques I use to promote affiliate products)

Every single sale I've ever made (except ONE a few months back when trying out PPC) has all been from bum marketing. Only money I ever invest is for domain names and hosting for my sites, which are dirt cheap anyway.

UltimateFreebies, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  13. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    How's your results in terms of sales without the ID attached? I remember, you were going to try this out.

14. www.infoebookstore.co.uk

www.infoebookstore.co.uk Peon

Best Answers:
    I was buddy, still a trickle but been hit hard by Google and CB over past month and stopped all PPC traffic :(. Trying hard to diversify right now, both with other CB products and some other networks.

15. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I didn't update ya on that.

Made a few sales after taking it off......Imagine that, huh?

Starting to see an increase in traffic - Getting way more hops lately, but the products just aren't converting worth a crap.

With all that I've learned, I've started working on my own products. A lot of them I will sell on my own via PayPal, and I have at least one I will be submitting at CB within the next month.

16. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    Slow this week, lots of happy (non buying) frekin clickers..
    I found something out, which I think has been discussed in another thread. I had like a year old CB account I switched all my traffic too and sales started flowing again, vs the newer one maybe like two months old just stopped..Maybe the new cb account is on a new server that is having issues...

SoCalDude, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  17. dangregory

dangregory Peon

Best Answers:
    The last two and a half weeks everything at Clickbank for me is dead - as both a publisher and an affiliate. Same amount of traffic, zero sales.

One thing I need to do is contact Clickbank and have their currency conversion feature turned off on my publisher's account. If you're a publisher you should do this too. With their recent changes they track the buyer's IP address and when that person hits the payment page the price is shown in the person's local currency. Many folks feel that this is a contributing factor to poor sales. I sell in US dollars. What if somebody from Singapore of whatever lands on my payment page and suddenly thinks the price is double the amount I list on my sales page because currency amounts have been secretly translated in the background and they might not realize they're looking at Singapore dollars, not US dollars? That might be turning off a fair amount of buyers.

But as a publisher you can request that Clickbank turn that feature off in your account so your payment page isn't changed to local currency anymore. I will do that and report back to tell you if my sales numbers go up after that.

Dan

dangregory, Nov 12, 2008 IP
  18. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    So what do you suggest? Should I remove the TID from my links? Will it help? :rolleyes:

19. UltimateFreebies

UltimateFreebies Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless you have a wild tracking plan in place with CB or it won't be a massive hassle (if you cloak all links, then it should be simple, as you only need to change code once and it will affect all links using that cloaked URL), then I would suggest it.

You'll notice that ALL guru's and super aff's never have used TID's....

Now, while this did help, I still don't think this is the main issue. Like I said, this is why I am going to begin creating my own products and just use PayPal as a payment gateway. Probably implement an affiliate program where affiliates get 100% of the sale of all my products too.

And it makes sense, because all of the efforts I'm putting into CB aren't going anywhere these days. While I'm still nabbing $100 days here and there, it sure isn't like it used to be, and I don't think it has anything to do with me or what I promote, because tons of CB affiliates are feeling the same heat.

I'm not giving up on CB, but I am saying that I just don't plan to promote products on there as heavily as I used to. If I start to see sales return back to the way they used to be, then I'll hop back on again, but until then, I'm going to go off on my own. :D

Update: No sales for the past two days, but I did get a Chargeback for the first time ever for a product that was purchased 50 days ago. That blows.....

20. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    100% agree with you about gurus NOT using TID. Also I don't even see them clocking their links....They just put normal hoplinks.