1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nigel Lew, Nov 11, 2008.

I posted this here because it is an SEO issue.

I have a wide range of SEO clients on DP currently. Throughout the course of my day I take note that they quite often sign up for linkbuilding or seo related stuff from the services section. Such as do follow blog posting(which incidentally is just as riddled with folks so flippen stupid the service may as well be fraudulent)

While going over a plan of attack with one of my clients, we started talking about this service, which I myself signed up for test purposes so I explain to people why its bad on many levels.

My first red flag was that I could not see a list of blogs prior to sending payment. Fair enough, I would not farm out my resources like that either.

That said, however, you can go read the thread in question and see the results for yourself.

This is not simply a shit service. It is straight up fraud.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1082233&page=3

Now I have to contact about 20 other clients that signed themselves up for this service prior to me advising them otherwise so they can make a fleeting attempt at getting their cash back.

You would thinks it's a Monday around here.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  2. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel,

I posted in the other thread and yes there are many website owners here selling links from either dropped or transferred domains. I don't personally advocate this position, but they are known as the "Quick Buck Crew". They advertise high PR sites for cheap prices. If the deal seems to good to be true, then do some serious research.

I suggest you study SEO a bit more before you tell your "clients" about a deal and recommend it. For one thing you mentioned dropped or transferred domains immediately get their PR reset but I firmly disagree! After some time and PR exports, those sites can lose their PR, but it is not immediate in most cases.

Good luck in your endeavors ;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 11, 2008 IP
    mawcluster likes this.
  3. xander1083

xander1083 Banned

Best Answers:
    this are the reason i still prepare hardwork style and quality content in order to get related and quality backlinks and i prepare to do it my self.

xander1083, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  4. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, seen these kind of scammers here at DP a lot.
    Thanks for Head up.

Oranges, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't profess to be a smart guy or anything. I, in this case, simply pump out the math. There are a few interesting characters that opt to pick apart my post and attempt to make me look like an idiot to benefit themselves. That is fine as well. I support reasonably minded folks to simply go read my position.

I will not now, nor will I ever(knock on wood) find it necessary to blow my own horn. If you want to know what I do and for whom, you are welcome to PM me. I will never gratuitously post it in a thread.

Nigel

6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "For one thing you mentioned dropped or transferred domains immediately get their PR reset"

that is not what I said. Go read the post please. Please don't infer things from my position and make claims that are not accurate.
    Nigel

7. pbruessow@msn.com

pbruessow@msn.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the mods have changed the thread because it was off topic so my post there seems to have disappeared. That's their job if the thread gets too far off topic and I agree with them to remove or repost to another area. I just posted there because I didn't want people to believe what you said as it wasn't so about domains resetting PR immediately or something to that effect.

Nigel, I recall you made a statement to that effect but you say you didn't and now post is gone. Oh well, life goes on ;)

pbruessow@msn.com, Nov 13, 2008 IP