1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AOM, aStore or banners ?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by SqlByte, Nov 7, 2008.

Ok i am new to Amazon, but not really new to internet marketing.
    So i am interested in simple quesiton.
    Which one is better AOM (Associate O Matic) aStore on putting banners on your page ?
    My personal opinion is that it is the best create website/blog about certant product or review it or something and put Amazon banner.
    Because if you create your own page you can optimaze it easier and you can put ADSENSE and earn some extra money.
    I don't undestand why people build those aStores because they can't get any ranking.

SqlByte, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. SqlByte

SqlByte Peon

Best Answers:
    Like i sad i am new to Amazon, but i cannot believe that there is only small amount of people doing amazon aff.

SqlByte, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  3. panya7

panya7 Peon

Best Answers:
    panya7, Nov 9, 2008 IP
  4. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I can't claim to be an expert but the successful model seems to be product-based, usually niche sites, where you have control over the content and can add value like reviews and news. I believe that text links have proven to be most effective - people click on them when they read your review and add a link like "Buy the bla bla here". Banners do not get a good click-through.

aStore - no idea either how people are making money with this. PPC would give a poor ROI, but maybe it's possible to get some traffic. Some people claim to be earning big $$ with aStores. It's an easy way to create a little niche site, but you have virtually no control over the content

AOM - this and other similar scripts suffer from a duplicated content problem whereby they are all pulling the same data off Amazon but few users commit to adding unique content of their own.

So I agree with you but... text-links, not banners. Maybe someone has a different experience?

Actually, the best way, and that HAS been my experience, is to write your own script which does something creative with the Amazon data, but not everyone has that expertise, obviously.

markowe, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  5. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Commission is low, it's better to get into CJ or linkshare.

SamOwen, Nov 10, 2008 IP
  6. andaman

andaman Peon

Best Answers:
    commission low but easy to sell and commission increase if u sell more items

andaman, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  7. phaiboon

phaiboon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, It's easy to sell!:p

phaiboon, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  8. SqlByte

SqlByte Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks markowe, that is what i thougt it was like. I see some people earn via having simple aStores or AOM but it is really small amount.

SqlByte, Nov 11, 2008 IP