1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can PayPal take Legal Actions

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by uzair21, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    It is about a friend of mine. His account balance is negative after some noob eBay butyer raised a claim about an item my friend had already shipped. Now, PayPal is threatening him to take legal action against him if he doesn't put funds into his account and bring the account at Par. Can PayPal really do this? He is based in India and has -$600 PayPal balance.

uzair21, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course they can.

mjewel, Nov 7, 2008 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  3. Crazzy Digital Point

Crazzy Digital Point Banned

Best Answers:
    Cantact me on yahoo:

Crazzy Digital Point, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  4. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes paypal can legally track the payment where the person withdrew it. It could be with a Check or a Bank transfer. Paypal will know. :)

If some noob from ebay messed it up then it is now duty of your friend to provide shipping details and get that things sorted out. Or else he has to pay up 600 back into paypal which I guess he already withdrew and that is why it is -600 right now.

Nick_Mayhem, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. uzair21

uzair21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any chance that my friend will end up in jail? Just kidding.What if the Payment is sent via Xoom.

uzair21, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. ldngooner

ldngooner Peon

Best Answers:
    I've literally had letters sent from debt collecter companies regarding paypal funds for £65 [$150 roughly] when someone scammed me - If it's $600 of course they will track him down. Best he puts that money back in paypal before he spends or provide paypal deep information of the ebay transaction as they own ebay and should be able to review it ;)

ldngooner, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your friend is really making mess of all this things then Yes he might even land in jail. [If paypal takes legal action, which includes FIR]

But what I do not understand is there is no need to even think about this all. It is really simple. Just clear the 600 USD thing and move on.

Nick_Mayhem, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  8. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same thing happened to me. Scammed me $50, had balance $30 and now I have minus $20. Already almost a year but Paypal just gave reminder.
    I guess they know I need them more than they need me. $20 isa waste of their time I guess. I tried emailing them from time2time but I cannot add funds via CC. so..:(

wptheme, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  9. easydolla

easydolla Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been in the same situation.. about a year ago some deadbeat on ebay did a reversal stating he never got the item I sold, so I am still negative $800, nothing on my credit, no debt collection calls or letters, no legal threats, an occasional email, however

easydolla, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  10. wptheme

Best Answers:
    I have the same thing happened to me. Scammed me $50, had balance $30 and now I have minus $20. Already almost a year but Paypal just gave reminder.
    I guess they know I need them more than they need me. $20 isa waste of their time I guess. I tried emailing them from time2time but I cannot add funds via CC. so..:(

wptheme, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  11. ryandanielt

ryandanielt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is happening is that the amount is over $150, so this gives paypal grounds to take you to small claims court to get the money back.

Anything under $150 is just considered a loss and they will just keep hounding you until you give in and pay them.

ryandanielt, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  12. SiteDirectoryIndex.Com

SiteDirectoryIndex.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend that every transaction be recorded and the account made good against the total in question. The last thing I would want is paypal getting into my bank account :eek:
    I have had the same problem with a $550.00 racing carb that I sold on ebay and the guy supposedly never got. Well thanks to the FedEx guy that delivered it and a watchful neighbor that helped the guy put it on his boat :D I got my money back. But it was not without sweating bullets for about 4-5 weeks.
    I recommend he work with paypal any way he can.

Mark

SiteDirectoryIndex.Com, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  13. Matt Ellis

Matt Ellis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have been scammed in the past for $300, I had to add the funds to PayPal after receiving numerous debt collection letters, they will track you down and you will be forced to pay, you might as well do it sooner rather than later to save the hassle.

Matt Ellis, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  14. Dr Googler

Dr Googler Banned

Best Answers:
    yes, your friend has $600 of paypals money, they will take legal action, wouldnt you if some1 had $600 of your moneys

Dr Googler, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  15. easydolla

easydolla Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously, I wouldn't for $600. I would just beat it out of him. Besides, it would probably cost more than $600 to get that back, unless you go on Judge Judy or something.

easydolla, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  16. wptheme

Best Answers:
    I see. Thanks a lot Daniel.Rep+

wptheme, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  17. xrachel.louisex

xrachel.louisex Peon

Best Answers:
    why doesn't he just put the 600 he withdrew back in?

xrachel.louisex, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  18. wptheme

Best Answers:
    How? I am sure if he is an Indian he withdred to his debit card where we can only withdrew. I think..

wptheme, Nov 8, 2008 IP
  19. uzair21

uzair21 Peon

Best Answers:
    He sent it to another PayPal user. There is no way he can put the money in the PayPal account because he lost the item he sold too.

uzair21, Nov 8, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.