1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is sick - Rob banned him; it was Homebizseo trying to snow the community that he was a black person "looking to get even with whitey." I sniffed it immediately - not that it was Biz, but that it seemed certain to me that it was indeed a sick person, trying to pass as a black person, in a deliberate appeal to the worst of those predisposed to a certain mindset. It worked, on certain members, and I find that a sad commentary.

northpointaiki, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you want your cookie now since you enjoy pointing out the fact that you sniffed him out?

Firegirl, Nov 7, 2008 IP
    debunked likes this.
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sure - if it helps folks like you, Mia and Simply from leaping onto the post of a rabidly sick racist, taking the bait in something that seemed painfully obvious to me, uncomfortably easily, you bet - I'll even give you the cookie, Firegirl. :)

I didn't name you by name, by the way, until now - but since you addressed me, weren't you ignoring me? Or do we now get another splendid bit of vitriol?

4. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a couple of things I like and a couple of things I don't like about DP P&R.

I enjoy being in a political forum wherein there are a lot of opinions. Its not a leftie or righty forum. Its international. There truly are a lot of opinions here.

There are also many sources of information that posters reference. That in its own right is interesting. There are an incredible myriad of sources of news and opinions; far more than I ever imagined. Thank you folks for opening my eyes.

There are quite a number of things I dislike. IMHO the forum gets nasty with name calling and infantile. There are groups that gang up on other groups. I hate that "group" stuff. People's opinions should rest on their own laurels. The forum has denigrated with people attacking one another and referencing mods about this.

Its very infantile. Face to face this stuff wouldn't happen. It would end up in fist fights. Its sort of the infanilism of virtual web that people can get away with saying things that they couldn't get away with in reality. And because of the vileness it causes the mods to waste their time and get involved.

Now I can't claim perfect adherance to my perspective. I just try and minimize my involvement in the aspects of this forum that I dislike.

BUT​

Imho, there is nothing worse than someone trying to invade a forum and purposefully trying to incite attitudes with blatently false and inciteful comments masquerading as someone he/she isn't.

That is what NPT and Rob discovered.

I didn't catch it. I skimmed the posts. I was surprised. I didn't read them in depth.

I'm glad NPT discovered them. I'm glad Rob banned the guy.

If someone is going to purposefully spread a vile form of propaganda they deserve to be banned for a long long time, IMV.

kudos NPT.

(Even as I don't wish to be part of a group.)

earlpearl, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as i know. there are no established "groups" of people on either side. As topics are created, i do see how an opinion group could be formed, one group supporting one opinion, and another group supporting another opinion. But in different topics these groups are sometimes torn apart, and new groups are formed based on the new opinions. One person may have supported you on a previous opinion, is now attacking you on a new opinion. Ive seen it many times.

Anytime you have a topic based conversation, there will always be those that agree, and those that disagree, creating what may seem to be "groups" but to my knowledge, on my end of it, there are no actual established "groups"

Ok that being said....Group meeting at 6pm dont be late ;)

simplyg123, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, lets all get him a bozo button. Seems Jer had first sniff, in actuality.

Digging through this it would appear that NPT said either yes to both, or the later of the person asking if it was a joke.

Its pretty obvious everyone in the thread questioned the legitimacy of his posts, several times, and long before NPT chimed in with an indecisive "yes" to two questions, neither one of which was specific.

Anyway, who cares.

Yes to what, yes he IS serious? Or yes this IS a joke? The way I read it, it looks like the answer is too the later. ;)

Mia, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  7. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Oh, Mia. This is just tragic - on two threads, trying now to repaint in another image. Not even you can claim to believe I meant "damn! Fer sure, he's a black guy....really...really!" When I posted what I knew of his bullshit, and called the moron a troll, for godsakes?

I'm saying it sincerely - please stop. If you post something false, I'll be forced to reply with the truth, and this is just embarrassing. Again - I'm sorry you were caught buying it all too easily. The best way to end the embarrassment is to simply let it die.

Not in my experience, Simply. I agree with Earl - I have seen what I would call "alliances" formed - in fact, one member has openly spoken of them, in terms of how there are "friends" and "enemies" on the forum. I personally think such an idea is just silly. I know my behavior has cost me "friends," precisely because I don't tend to think on "alliance" when posting - I've called "friends" to the carpet, when I've felt they were wrong, and applauded "enemies," when I've felt they said something right. (timely enough, today, for example). And I would hope any and all would do the same for me.

Unfortunately, I do see quite a bit of "alliances" on the forum. I think it's silly.