1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Obama thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by homebizseo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The shoe now seems to be on the other foot.

lightless, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    What sizes do Troll come in? (Just a guess, by the way).

northpointaiki, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  3. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but your damn "change" is never going to happen with an attitude like yours....

You could replace "Obama" with "Ronald McDonald" and "blacks" with "clowns" and it would still sound ignorant. Here, let's try it so everyone can see:

I helped put Ronald McDonald in office and admit openly I cast my vote based on the fact he is a clown. I hope he will double the income of clowns living on government assistance. The poverty level will go down under Ronald McDonald. Clowns in this country are kept down due to the fact that the government won't give out equal pays to the poor.

Ronald McDonald may lack experience but he will look out for his own.

Hey, clowns are human too. Don't we all deserve a fair government???

Firegirl, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  4. glock45

glock45 Banned

Best Answers:
    What change do you think Obama was wanting. We won the ection is over. Now Obama can change America. I think the poor regardless of race will thrive.

glock45, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  5. d3sign3r

d3sign3r Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope the changes are for the betterment.. of both America and countries dependent on America :)

peace

d3sign3r, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  6. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    dont thrive too much cause Obama will make you pay for your success, thats right, hard work isnt enough, you actually have to pay to succeed.

Welcome to a democratic government. ;)

simplyg123, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  7. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't this also true of McCain's tax plan or any progressive tax plan? It seems to me you're only squabbling over the degree of progressiveness.

LogicFlux, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  8. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we all pay taxes, but this isnt the time to be raising them as Obama plans to

simplyg123, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No, McCain's plan was to leave the current tax cuts in place.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Still a progressive tax system though, wasn't it?

LogicFlux, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually it was more like, lets wait and see. Leave things alone for now, and lets try to get the spending under control first. I only hope that this new Congress can learn from past mistakes and stop spending.

Mia, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. Xphic

Xphic Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xphic, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That site does not load for me. Perhaps he should consider changing providers.

Mia, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn it must be cool to be prez. You can snatch ANY domain you want!

That's a good idea btw. If it works out like he's laying it out his presidency will be the first ever truly transparent administration. He's got his agenda up there, a blog, newsroom... sheesh, we may not even have to watch fixed news and msnbc all day and wade through garbage and Britney Spears expose's just to get a clue about what's going on with this administration. I like it.

Talk about change, it's like a complete 180. We went from an administration who tried to block out everyone and expand the power of the executive branch while making up rules as they go, to this.

GeorgeB., Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The comment I had made was "none of you worked during the Carter years. If you were a kid then and intimately aware of the politics of the time...you'd probably have been a wierd and unusual kid. :rolleyes:

There is no hard evidence that CRA regs created the real estate crisis we now face. Evidence, in fact is the exact opposite.

As to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I'm going to reread about them and where they went wrong. As they collapsed, I kept hearing Fannie and Freddie, Fannie and Freddie...blah, blah, blah. I do know they started buying up securitized loans which was stupid on a grand scale, and probably inappropriate, but not illegal. Exactly where they f*cked up is something I don't have a great feel for. I've heard the political claims,..but frankly I want to know more...beyond the political blame game.

In any case, if you follow evolution of CRA legislation it was changed over several decades. During this last administration, it was weakened and given less weight. The laws established in the late 1970's have changed dramatically.

Instead of the political environment of blame, I more interested in the following; How did the preponderance or a huge volume of real estate loans move from 20% down, check the borrowers credit capabilities evolve into Zero down, no credit checks. How did it occur that so many loans went to 100% or more of value. Cripes this even occurred in the last few years in the auto loan business.

The business world eliminated credit valuation on a grand scale. How did this occur? Was it caused by government in which govt encouraged this? Did govt not look at this at all? As part of this degradation of business practices there is evidence that the credit value agencies such as Moody's weren't doing their jobs in valuing securitized loans.

Aggregate debt on the consumer and business side exploded. On the business side the debt explosion occurred mainly in the financial sector as opposed to the non-financial sector.

How did all of this occur over time? What roles or non roles did govt. play?

Going forward, the biggest issue Obama faces, IMHO, is the financial mess. More jobs are being lost, cash is being horded, businesses are suffering across the board. I want to see how Obama's administration tries to handle this.

As far as "change" goes, I see it in different ways. (probably cause for a different thread). In any case it is a broad phrase and subject to interpretation in many ways.

earlpearl, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  16. Divisive Cottonwood

Divisive Cottonwood Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, if people want serious politics they really should read Black Agenda's reports and analysis not this empty cheerleading - esp the stuff from Glen Ford and Adolph Reed Jr. Then you might get to hear about Obama's clear unhidden corporate agenga, about how he's the son of the Chicago boys economists (check out who his economic advisors are and their past records), opposes a moratorium on house repossesions and a cap on interest rate rises, tells corpoarate bodies that the real problem with the economy is because their voices are not heard or listened to, that structural inequality and poverty is a result of bad attitudes, that social programs need to be taken out of federal (or even collective) hands and placed with conservative churches (a policy that Bush was lambasted for and accused of racism by implying that black folks just love church), about his massive corporate funding and individual funding by the worst elements of big capital, by his hedge fund buddies, about his 100 000 extra troops (why? Where are they going) his support for unilateral military action in Iran and Pakistan and reams more.

And what i find really disheartening about this is the self lowering of expectations of what constitutes a radical agenda, something which will have ramifications for the future as even these utterly minimal movements then become the outer limit of any potential action that it would be madness to go beyond. This stuff is really damaging. This was expressed really well by Adolph Reed jr recently:

By making this man the living personifcation (close to apotheosis in the cases of some people) of progressivism he then becomes the boundary which any future presidential politics cannot go past and the fact that he's actually an out and out neo-liberal despite the spin help restrict progressive politics even further.

Divisive Cottonwood, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Divisive, you are aware "Glock45" is actually the (banned) Homebizseo, posing as a black guy, all in order to simply incite race hate? This late "wunderkind" fooled a few rightist folks, though it really should have been apparent.

northpointaiki, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  18. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Oof. if so, that is sick....in fact doubly sick.

earlpearl, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  19. gsv13

gsv13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Working fine for me. Perhaps you should change the isp ... you own :p

gsv13, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was looking at it from home, not my service;). It eventually loaded. Its just slow as dirt.

Mia, Nov 7, 2008 IP